CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM voluntarily went there to be questioned, having been dropped off by his daughter.
I'm sure he went voluntarily because he must of known that sooner or later they were going to haul his butt in for questioning at the PD, being that he was in close proximity to the McStay family as a so called business partner etc.
Again, he had to have control of his script to LE. IMO

When I was at their house, it was very organized. I looked through the dtawers and cabinets in the kitchen for plates and utensils as I had brought food for everyone.
It was very organized. As my company caters events both at our place and at other venues, including modest homes to mansions, churches and wineries, I have seen it all.
Summer was an organized person. IMO

Agreed. Mike couldnt have torn it up to that degree and why would he? The family had lived there for a couple of weeks. Tim walked through with MM and found it disconcerting. Someone had plenty of time to rummage.

If Summer was such a slob why would it just be clothing tossed asunder? Typical negligence would include discarded household stuff like towels kids sippy cups etc. I'll bet the clothes were somewhat organized prior to Merritt's intrusion.

How can the crime scene be contaminated and compromised if it isn't yet deemed a crime scene?

Common sense dictates when the lead detective was securing a warrant for the possibility of foul play within the home.

Not sure what I did. Lol

Last edited:
you know he never shed a tear, he never experienced remorse. he almost got away with it.

dime store cowboy, chase merritt...what a waste. he's probably been a stone cold sociopath since he was a kid.

Does the state imply this was partly a sexually motivated crime? despite the money owed etc..

doesn't evidence point to a rape taking place?

I would be interested to know his real true criminal history.

I would be interested to know who out there has lived to tell, because I believe a whole lot went on that we will never know.

he just cleaned it up and walked away with a couple nights worth of party money. who all else has Chase eliminated? raped? tortured? abused? will we ever know if there are other bodies and secrets left out in that desert by chase merritt? I'm surprised we haven't heard of other possible cases he could be connected to.

mOO

I'm intrigued about the additional CD and accompanying transcript Daugherty entered into evidence in cross-exam of Bachman.

I'm wondering if it's going to be something in the 2014 interview that is played in rebuttal.

Timestamp 1.02.24 in day 53.

What's strange is Daugherty tells Bachman it was a portion of the tape & the transcript for that portion that Imes played or referred to on the previous Thursday. Was there court last Thursday (5/9) ? I don't see it on L&C or other sites. Maybe they had some sort of hearing that wasn't recorded??

Last edited:
At the time when people were entering the home it hadn't been declared a crime scene yet so common sense didn't yet dictate anything.

Securing a warrant due to the possibility of foul play would suggest a potential crime scene. McGyver used his common sense and cautioned others to no avail.

We’ll have to agree to disagree La2cabo.

Securing a warrant due to the possibility of foul play would suggest a potential crime scene. McGyver used his common sense and cautioned others to no avail.

We’ll have to agree to disagree La2cabo.
Under the circumstances I can't guarantee I would've remained outside either. I would want to gather as much information as possible in order to try and find my family. Nobody is going to care as much about my missing loved ones as me or another family member.

Under the circumstances I can't guarantee I would've remained outside either. I would want to gather as much information as possible in order to try and find my family. Nobody is going to care as much about my missing loved ones as me or another family member.

Let this case be a good lesson learned.

What's strange is Daugherty tells Bachman it was a portion of the tape & the transcript for that portion that Imes played or referred to on the previous Thursday. Was there court last Thursday (5/9) ? I don't see it on L&C or other sites. Maybe they had some sort of hearing that wasn't recorded??

I think he may have been shown the video sometime outside of court last week. IMO he did that so that he doesn't have to recall Bachman to play it and it lays the foundation for it.

I'm sure he went voluntarily because he must of known that sooner or later they were going to haul his butt in for questioning at the PD, being that he was in close proximity to the McStay family as a so called business partner etc.
Again, he had to have control of his script to LE. IMO

For some CM's name means guilty.

Does this look like an innocent man?

1415387627481_wps_40_This_Wednesday_Nov_5_2014.jpg

Looks like an easy-target scapegoat.

Thank you for that comment Cabo.
However, in my opinion, NO, they did not!
The murder of Rebecca in Coronado is another example of sloppy, inept, lazy police work here in San Diego, California.
Astonishing actually.
With the 3 detectives that I met at the McStay home "Dugal" inside the home talking to the families, was so..."whatever" as to the families questions. His favorite answer was, "Your guess is as good as mine".
When I went outside to have a cigarette. Dugals bosses were out there. One, having a cigarette.
Neither one of them were concerned about this missing family.
They were joking and laughing about other stuff.
Truly, they were very cavalier.
I will never forget these few minutes with my law enforcement.
In my opinion.
This branch of the San Diego law enforcement, screwed Summer and Joey's family, from day one.
It was all less important to them, then worrying about this missing family of four.
I guess, I didn't say this correctly.
Okay. Correctly.
They did not give a *advertiser censored*.
Degal, poo poed any and all suggestions by the family as to what could have happened.
His bosses were out front of the house talking and trading stories.
Then we have this trial.

Hopefully SDSO learned from this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members