The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Were wedding dresses all that bad in the 1980s?
Yup!
Looks like they were:D
8ce52e1fe8ab40d1059a3914603776b3.jpg
86eccfe94e5e9e657ff6493ca7daf1b7.jpg

1980s Wedding Gowns

Everything was that bad in the 80's :p
It wasn't just the design it was the also material?? It looked so badly creased.
Possibly didn't realise at the time how it would come across on T.V. screens but really...It was gonna be broadcast world-wide :rolleyes:
Have a great weekend also @gregjrichards

Prom dresses, too. Many looked like draperies in a funeral home :eek:

I totally agree Princess Diana’s wedding dress was absolutely awful it could have been a parachute as that is what it looked like. Were wedding dresses all that bad in the 1980s? I was only little so I don’t remember.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
...so how 'little' were you in the 80's? LLLLOOOOLLLL
Actually I loved the 80's, big poufy sleeves on blouses and jackets,
big poufy hair. Fun times.

When our Daughter got married she wanted a fairy tale Wedding she always dreamed of. So it was. I remember shopping for my dress. My hubby asked me "You wont be in taffeta will you?" I laughed my azz off as he never ever suggested anything yay or nay with clothing. I didn't think he even knew what that fabric was. He said he always hated it having a Mom and Sister who wore it lol

When our Daughter got married she wanted a fairy tale Wedding she always dreamed of. So it was. I remember shopping for my dress. My hubby asked me "You wont be in taffeta will you?" I laughed my azz off as he never ever suggested anything yay or nay with clothing. I didn't think he even knew what that fabric was. He said he always hated it having a Mom and Sister who wore it lol

What is Taffeta? The Origins, Benefits And How It’s Made

Yup!
Looks like they were:D
8ce52e1fe8ab40d1059a3914603776b3.jpg
86eccfe94e5e9e657ff6493ca7daf1b7.jpg

1980s Wedding Gowns
Having grown up in the wedding photography business, I'd a whole lot rather have too much fabric than not enough. I've had enough of anatomy busting out of dresses that aren't going to cover it up no matter how much you hunch your shoulders. /personalvent

I didn't care for Diana's dress either. There was just way too much pouf. She didn't wear the dress. It wore her IMO

I agree it was way too much fabric.

I just read the dress cost £151,000 in 1981 which is £404,000 in 2019 WOW.

...so how 'little' were you in the 80's? LLLLOOOOLLLL
Actually I loved the 80's, big poufy sleeves on blouses and jackets,
big poufy hair. Fun times.

The wedding was in 1981 and I wasn’t born till 1984 so I don’t remember the 1980s much.

I'm glad it states that (for some reason??)
& this^ 'verifies' that it is an official title.

Still I've no doubt it'll be taken the wrong way causing butt-hurt to many :D
(I'm not talking about here by the way :p butt in general)

I am imagining the Duchess of Sussex applying for car finance and being asked her occupation “I’m Princess of the United Kingdom”. That will never happen though she will never need finance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa