Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

Ariel Plasencia Retweeted
Alex Rozier‏ @AlexRozier8 2h2 hours ago
“SS is safe,” the family said. “We are so grateful.” As you can imagine they are still very shaken up. They told me they’ve been emotional all day, but often times, they say, SS’s been the strongest among the whole group.

A child's innocence is such a gift. Hopefully she didn't really understand the depth of depravity that this kidnapper had in mind for her. I hope she can retain that innocence and heal from this nightmare.

My heart goes out to the family. They received a miracle in the end, but it is still so frightening and shocking. It willl be hard to ever relax and feel comfortable when their girl is away from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A child's innocence is such a gift. Hopefully she didn't really understand the depth of depravity that this kidnapper had in mind for her. I hope she can retain that innocence and heal from this nightmare.

My heart goes out to the family. They received a miracle in the end, but it is still so frightening and shocking. It willl be hard to ever relax and feel comfortable when their girl is away from them.
I hear you. I pray for all of them to heal. If that was me, I would be afraid to ever go on a walk again. It will be a long road to recovery for them. I wish them the best.

I hear you. I pray for all of them to heal. If that was me, I would be afraid to ever go on a walk again. It will be a long road to recovery for them. I wish them the best.

This is so true, and random. Is no one safe any longer anywhere? Especially women? Even at home in bed, Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klass, Jayme Closs, going running, on vacation, at a school campus...sexual predation seems absolutely rampant.

This is so true, and random. Is no one safe any longer anywhere? Especially women? Even at home in bed, Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klass, Jayme Closs, going running, on vacation, at a school campus...sexual predation seems absolutely rampant.

Women and children have never really been safe, IMHO.

I think sexual predation has always been around but has been closeted, hidden, excused, whatever.

I shudder when I walk behind a young girl on the street and see the looks passing men give her. It's abhorrent.

<modsnip>

They are out there and they are in your neighborhood, your schools, your work, maybe your circle of friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOCAL
Tyler man known as 'Thin Man' indicted for sexual assault
Michael Webb, also known as "Thin Man" was taken into custody in April 2018.

Author: Gabriela Garcia
Published: 2:24 PM CDT June 27, 2018
Updated: 12:01 PM CDT May 19, 2019
SMITH COUNTY — A Tyler man known as "Thin Man" has been indicted for sexual assault.

According to Smith County judicial records, Michael Webb, 50, was indicted on June 21, 2018, for the offense which allegedly occurred on April 26, 2018.

He was also arrested and indicted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

He was released on a personal recognizance bond of $300,000.

bc856b1b-cdcc-4635-9afb-50efbd88fa37_750x422.png

School will be out soon and lots of young girls will be out and about.
Wouldn't hurt to warn parents and babysitters how easily this
can happen.
Without video cameras in that neighborhood, I shudder to think
what may have happened to that innocent child.

This. I remember summers, 50 years ago, we rode bikes all day, went swimming, playing, came home for popsicles and dinner.

My own children, 25 years ago, were allowed to go to friends homes, ride bikes in the neighborhood, go roller skating, bowling, more organized activities, with Mom's driving or they took the city bus.

Now, kids are either in day care situations, summer camp, or home, glued to tv or iPad. Even though they all have cell phones. No wonder we have become an obese nation. People are afraid to even go running or biking.

LOCAL
Tyler man known as 'Thin Man' indicted for sexual assault
Michael Webb, also known as "Thin Man" was taken into custody in April 2018.

Author: Gabriela Garcia
Published: 2:24 PM CDT June 27, 2018
Updated: 12:01 PM CDT May 19, 2019
SMITH COUNTY — A Tyler man known as "Thin Man" has been indicted for sexual assault.

According to Smith County judicial records, Michael Webb, 50, was indicted on June 21, 2018, for the offense which allegedly occurred on April 26, 2018.

He was also arrested and indicted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

He was released on a personal recognizance bond of $300,000.

bc856b1b-cdcc-4635-9afb-50efbd88fa37_750x422.png
If you read the article, the victim was an adult woman who was known for prostitution.

The prosecutors had to drop the case as she wouldn't comply with their requests for more information and they could not prosecute the case.

If you read the article, the victim was an adult woman who was known for prostitution.

The prosecutors had to drop the case as she wouldn't comply with their requests for more information and they could not prosecute the case.
Yeah, maybe he would of been off the streets if she complied.

What really scares me is a comment made up thread after this guy had been found.

"What if he was going to "sell her" for drugs?"

Our local police blotter is just full of incidents of meth / heroin arrests daily. Small motels that used to be inexpensive stops for tourists are turning into weekly/monthly rentals for families and the seniors on vouchers. Some are being infested by druggies and turning into flop houses. Then these druggies are then preying on the kids, the seniors. As we have seen with the awful murder of little 5 year old AJ Freund, once addiction sets in, not much gets in it's way

What really scares me is a comment made up thread after this guy had been found.

"What if he was going to "sell her" for drugs?"

Our local police blotter is just full of incidents of meth / heroin arrests daily. Small motels that used to be inexpensive stops for tourists are turning into weekly/monthly rentals for families and the seniors on vouchers. Some are being infested by druggies and turning into flop houses. Then these druggies are then preying on the kids, the seniors. As we have seen with the awful murder of little 5 year old AJ Freund, once addiction sets in, not much gets in it's way
Me too. Until other wise told I will believe he was going to sell her for drugs, drug dept, or pimp her out. SICKENING to even type that. Forrest Hill says it all for me and probably any other locals.

IMO

Thankfully this sweetheart has been found. Some days there are miracles that just make me cry.

I'm going through and redacting throughout the thread now, so please use this minor victim's intials of SS from this point on.

Me too. Until other wise told I will believe he was going to sell her for drugs, drug dept, or pimp her out. SICKENING to even type that. Forrest Hill says it all for me and probably any other locals.

IMO
I think it’s far more likely he would have killed her, than attempted to sell her.

That is a very rare occurrence, especially with this type of victimology.

The children that are sold for drugs, are high risk, not some little girl snatched off the street.

They are typically older, groomed for that sort of thing, and tend to be runaways. Many of them have drug problems themselves.

Everyone in Fort Worth was looking for her, and if it continued, everyone in the country would have been looking for her as well.

It doesn’t typically work like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back