Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they just turn in a random phone and assume it was connected? I don’t know much about how groups like this form. Could someone be passing along the phone surreptitiously? But then you would think that he/she would want the reward money.

Sigh. I guess most likely it’s just a mistake of some kind. But I’ll hold out a little hope.
I think the reward has alot to do with this. The phone is not related. The press conference yesterday with the police cheif probably had everyone out searching today. Every reporter and photographer wants to get the story. Moo
LATEST: @houstonpolice say the phone found by the group in west Houston is NOT linked to missing 4-year-old #MaleahDavis #hounews MORE: http://chrn.cl/2HSPkPO

Ivory Hecker FOX 26‏Verified account @IvoryHecker 48s49 seconds ago
UPDATE: Houston Police say: indications are the phone found on Patterson Road does not have anything to do with the Maleah Davis case.

Cellphone possibly tied to Maleah Davis case found in west Houston
Volunteers with Texas EquuSearch found a cellphone possibly related to the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis while searching for the girl in far west Houston.

Crews searching along Patterson Road located the cellphone around noon Friday, according to Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller. Detectives from the Houston Police Department assigned to the case are en route to Patterson Road to recover the phone and determine if it is indeed related.

The article says the cellphone is NOT related to Maleah’s case.

I think the reward has alot to do with this. The phone is not related. The press conference yesterday with the police cheif probably had everyone out searching today. Every reporter and photographer wants to get the story. Moo
LATEST: @houstonpolice say the phone found by the group in west Houston is NOT linked to missing 4-year-old #MaleahDavis #hounews MORE: http://chrn.cl/2HSPkPO

UPDATE: Houston Police say: indications are the phone found on Patterson Road does not have anything to do with the Maleah Davis case.
Poor Maleah.
Just when you think there is a break in the case.
Still good to know the Dogged determination of LE. Is on and won't stop till she is found,and justice is served.

Bolding mine

Disappointing about the phone.
But the more interest in this case, the better !!!!!!
Anyone who can search-- I'm grateful for them !
I want for this child to be treated with respect, even though she's no longer with us !
A decent burial for a baby who was probably disposed of -- as if she were trash. :(

Bolding mine

Disappointing about the phone.
But the more interest in this case, the better !!!!!!
Anyone who can search-- I'm grateful for them !
I want for this child to be treated with respect, even though she's no longer with us !
I'm grateful too. The community is keeping her story alive, and it's a holiday weekend which means people will be off from work searching. I have a feeling they will find her soon. Praying.

BBM, I agree. I think the upcoming hearing had alot to do with MD's disappearance and she was s
True, but when it comes to evidence I tend to believe LE over a family member. Tim Miller said the postal route was confirmed with two postal inspectors, as well as with BB, and that they knew who he was, and he smoked a lot of cigarettes.
The reason it is significant is that it goes to credibility. If the family members are denying that he worked there, there must be a reason. Miller said there are some very swampy, isolated areas along the route that are full of brambles. Maybe that's where DV got the scratches.
He said the flooding was hindering the search but he intends to go back there. Maybe DV knew there was going to be a lot of rain so he thought that would be a good place to hide a body. Imo
IMO perhaps DV's father denied that he worked for the Post Office was because he was fired. That doesn't look good for his son - especially since he said his son was a hard worker (not a quote).

IMO perhaps DV's father denied that he worked for the Post Office was because he was fired. That doesn't look good for his son - especially since he said his son was a hard worker (not a quote).

I had heard previously that DV only had that job briefly (like weeks) so I was going to suggest that a job he was only at for weeks and was let go from (allegedly) even friends and family may not have known about.

but I just found this and so yeah, that is not a few weeks and I can not imagine his family not knowing about that job if the below is true, which takes me right back to being confused - why would DV's family not know or say it's not true?

The postmaster told ABC13 Eyewitness News that Vence worked at the Rosharon post office from June 2017 until August 2018.

I don't get why the searchers would automatically assume a random found phone would turn out to be involved in Maleah's case. Lots of people lose phones...
Maybe because they knew the phone was missing and would be valuable to investigators? There was a lot of discussion here about the phone but we never found anything out about it.
Anyway, LE can still retrieve the data, it will just take longer. If there are text messages or pictures they want to see I would think they are pursuing that. We all know QX would like them to.
If they have BB's phone that will help too. Imo

Maybe because they knew the phone was missing and would be valuable to investigators? There was a lot of discussion here about the phone but we never found anything out about it.
Anyway, LE can still retrieve the data, it will just take longer. If there are text messages or pictures they want to see I would think they are pursuing that. We all know QX would like them to.
If they have BB's phone that will help too. Imo
well it’s worth checking if that phone leads them to 20G I guess. Sadly this poor child’s demise has become a dark treasure hunt. Most of these people probably don’t realize how many people dump old cell phones along the side of the road. I have no idea why but my husband finds dozens of them at his work in parks and rec.

I had heard previously that DV only had that job briefly (like weeks) so I was going to suggest that a job he was only at for weeks and was let go from (allegedly) even friends and family may not have known about.

but I just found this and so yeah, that is not a few weeks and I can not imagine his family not knowing about that job if the below is true, which takes me right back to being confused - why would DV's family not know or say it's not true?

The postmaster told ABC13 Eyewitness News that Vence worked at the Rosharon post office from June 2017 until August 2018.
That's exactly what Tim Miller was talking about. Why would DV and his family lie?
At least we know why DV would deny it if he disposed the body in one of the remote locations along the mail route.
His father has denied everything that points to his son being the killer. It was not Maleah's blood in the apartment, it was her older brothers, he says. He denies it was DV's car seen dropping him off at the hospital, and he denies there is any video that exists of his son walking out of the house with the laundry basket.

BB and her mother are the ones who claimed DV said if he ever wanted to hide a body, he would do it in that area. This was the first time we heard the reason for that search.
Of course they are going to deny it, especially if they know he may have dumped it there. Imo

Last edited:

The lies just keep getting exposed.
One would think the lips would get tired of flapping.
MOO

Regarding last paragraph-

Hmmm.. July 2018, stressful time for DV and BB. About to lose a good job with excellent benefits. Maleah ends up in Hospital.

Regarding last paragraph-

Hmmm.. July 2018, stressful time for DV and BB. About to lose a good job with excellent benefits. Maleah ends up in Hospital.

Good sleuthing. If DV was eligible for Unemployment benefits, they ran out after roughly 20 weeks or so...BB started her new job, and I may hazard a guess, not going too well...Maleah disappears.

I agree DV didn't tell his dad the truth about his short lived career with the USPS.

In the NG podcast with Tim Miller, he stated that he contacted BB to confirm whether DV ever worked at the post office. Miller offered that BB's response was that he did, and that DV even took one of her girlfriends on his route once. I believe she was going to ask the friend but never got back Tim.

I could be wrong but I think taking friends along on your route is cause for termination. I don't ever recall my carrier with a tag along, ever... MOO

Second cell phone found in possible connection to Maleah Davis case
Volunteers looking for Maleah Davis found a second cell phone on Patterson Road in west Houston on Friday, in a wooded area next to Bear Creek Pioneers Park.

Houston police have indicated that a cell phone found in these woods on Friday morning is not connected to the Maleah Davis case. Hours later on the same roadside, a second cell phone has been found in the ditch.

[...]

"He has an iPhone they’re looking for, so if we could find an iPhone, that’d be a plus," said Marsden.

[...]

The cousin of Maleah’s biological father, Tamisha Mendoza, is searching alongside Marsden.

"I’m speaking on my behalf. I will not speak on Craig’s behalf—on nobody else’s behalf. I’m speaking on my behalf, and Maleah is very loved," said Mendoza. "That’s all I can tell you is that she’s a very loved little girl. Everybody—even outside the family; everybody that’s searching—everybody has fallen in love with Maleah."

Earlier today, the group searched an undisclosed location in southwest Houston.

They’re no longer telling the public where their daily searches are after friends of Darion Vence showed up in the search parties.

[...]

For this Saturday, however, he is organizing a large public search for Maleah.

He’s asking 150 people to meet at the coroner of Bissonnet and Kirkwood near Maleah’s home at 10:00 a.m., but only those interested in a serious search should show up.

[...]

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
BREAKING: Police retrieve second cell phone found on Patterson Road in Maleah Davis search. No word on whether it is indeed connected to her disappearance. Watch my exclusive report on ⁦@FOX26Houston⁩.
D7XXZ_1XYAIZiiy.jpg

5:16 PM - 24 May 2019

Second cell phone found in possible connection to Maleah Davis case
Volunteers looking for Maleah Davis found a second cell phone on Patterson Road in west Houston on Friday, in a wooded area next to Bear Creek Pioneers Park.

Houston police have indicated that a cell phone found in these woods on Friday morning is not connected to the Maleah Davis case. Hours later on the same roadside, a second cell phone has been found in the ditch.

[...]

"He has an iPhone they’re looking for, so if we could find an iPhone, that’d be a plus," said Marsden.

[...]

The cousin of Maleah’s biological father, Tamisha Mendoza, is searching alongside Marsden.

"I’m speaking on my behalf. I will not speak on Craig’s behalf—on nobody else’s behalf. I’m speaking on my behalf, and Maleah is very loved," said Mendoza. "That’s all I can tell you is that she’s a very loved little girl. Everybody—even outside the family; everybody that’s searching—everybody has fallen in love with Maleah."

Earlier today, the group searched an undisclosed location in southwest Houston.

They’re no longer telling the public where their daily searches are after friends of Darion Vence showed up in the search parties.

[...]

For this Saturday, however, he is organizing a large public search for Maleah.

He’s asking 150 people to meet at the coroner of Bissonnet and Kirkwood near Maleah’s home at 10:00 a.m., but only those interested in a serious search should show up.

[...]
I wonder why DV's friends are showing up? Are they hindering the search? I hope not. Lots of cell phone activity today.. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa