UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be in the least bit surprised had they already found her and it had not become public information as of yet. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that as he could not have carried his niece as well as any tools to hide her with.

What he does NOT look to me is the least bit sad, sorry or remorseful at all. Even if this guy was claiming total lack of knowledge he sure doesn't look concerned his niece is missing. He just looks angry to be there. WHY?!?! I still can't get over how stupid men like this seem to me. What did he hope to accomplish with whatever he did? Did he just want to spend the rest of his life in jail? Was it worth it!?!!

Not knowing him & his usual expression, idk.
Imo, these guys don’t ponder a future in prison, their actions seem to be for self satisfaction, different motives per case. Might be sexual, a desire to kill, jealousy, revenge, sheer hatred, or?
I wonder if his sister allowed him to sleep over since he arrived late, maybe claiming he had nowhere to go?
Was this something he desperately yearned to do, but needed the opportunity to sleep over?
Smh, I see him feigning sleep, sneaking about to determine if his sister was sound asleep so he could get busy.
Moo

he could not have carried his niece as well as any tools to hide her with.

Are you thinking she was deceased when they left the house?
I’m torn between him waking her, “sshhhh, be quiet, don’t wake mommy, we’re going to......”.
Or something went wrong in the house prompting him to need to remove her.
Idk if he needed tools, but a backpack or tote bag would be easily carried, imo.
It will be interesting to hear what his relationship with his niece was like, prior to this. Moo

I only heard he was found on foot in or near Hyrum (where he works, per FB).
Moo he had items of clothing in a backpack or somehow secreted on him. I think the confusion over what she was wearing might be because he removed some clothing from the house.
Imo, the “dark suit” does not necessarily imply a conventional suit, perhaps a work uniform or jogging suit, idk.

Thank you Trudie for your informative reply.

Imo

Are you thinking she was deceased when they left the house?
I’m torn between him waking her, “sshhhh, be quiet, don’t wake mommy, we’re going to......”.
Or something went wrong in the house prompting him to need to remove her.
Idk if he needed tools, but a backpack or tote bag would be easily carried, imo.
It will be interesting to hear what his relationship with his niece was like, prior to this. Moo
I don’t know yet but I do think if she was deceased prior to leaving the house that the likely cause was strangulation or suffocation

It was a long 24 hours for him. Hope they got him up bright & early today. I’m sure he’s exercised his right to lawyer up. I still hope he will give up something that leads LE to Elizabeth.
Lock him in a room with his mom....he’ll cave, imo.

Maybe not. This guy seems like quite the loser. Alternative high school, no car at his age. The family dynamics could be interesting here...maybe he hates, loathes, and despises his sister for having "everything". His one power is that he could take away the beautiful daughter/granddaughter.

The motivations of these types are illogical. This could have been planned or completely impulsive...either way, he won't do well in Utah State Prison. They have a section just for these types, because the other prisoners hate them.

I have to disagree some here. I might not be able to carry my (just shy of r) 5 yo far. But my husband could easily carry our 5 yo for miles. He might need to stop and rest some. But she only weighs 30 something lbs. The little one in the picture doesn't look like a large child. IF someone is motivated to move them they sure could.

I agree. Unfortunately we have seen other such cases showing the predator with the child in their arms walking away with them.

Imo, some weighed more than Elizabeth.

He could have waited until they were all asleep including Elizabeth.

Imo, he may have also taken a sleeping child out of her home.

Children that age are use to being picked up when sleeping, and moved elsewhere without awakening.

Imo

I don’t know yet but I do think if she was deceased prior to leaving the house that the likely cause was strangulation or suffocation

Ita.
Hopefully camera footage is being turned over to LE. Someone close has to have surveillance. I want her found today. The radius is so small, I think they will locate her.
He wasn’t traveling on foot carrying a dead child, imo.
So by sun up, he had to be rid of her. Moo

I have to disagree some here. I might not be able to carry my (just shy of r) 5 yo far. But my husband could easily carry our 5 yo for miles. He might need to stop and rest some. But she only weighs 30 something lbs. The little one in the picture doesn't look like a large child. IF someone is motivated to move them they sure could.

I agree with you. He could of carried her quite some way. If you look at the Alysha McPhail case from the UK the boy who took her was only 16 (and the poor young girl was 6) he carried her quite a distance in about half an hour. If Elizabeth has been gone a few hrs he could have taken her miles IMO.

Maybe not. This guy seems like quite the loser. Alternative high school, no car at his age. The family dynamics could be interesting here...maybe he hates, loathes, and despises his sister for having "everything". His one power is that he could take away the beautiful daughter/granddaughter.

The motivations of these types are illogical. This could have been planned or completely impulsive...either way, he won't do well in Utah State Prison. They have a section just for these types, because the other prisoners hate them.

Oh I completely agree he seems to be a 21 y.o. loser, now he’s lost it all, imo.
I doubt we will know his motivation. I wonder if he was obsessed with his niece in a not good way.
I think he’ll be okay in USP, he’ll have plenty of new friends guilty of the same or worse.
Moo

Not knowing him & his usual expression, idk.
Imo, these guys don’t ponder a future in prison, their actions seem to be for self satisfaction, different motives per case. Might be sexual, a desire to kill, jealousy, revenge, sheer hatred, or?
I wonder if his sister allowed him to sleep over since he arrived late, maybe claiming he had nowhere to go?
Was this something he desperately yearned to do, but needed the opportunity to sleep over?
Smh, I see him feigning sleep, sneaking about to determine if his sister was sound asleep so he could get busy.
Moo

The vast overwhelming majority of the time in cases where the children are abducted, and murdered the motive was/is to sexually assault/rape the child.

I really dont see this case being any different when it comes to his motivation for do this.

Imo

Well it appears I did not wake up to the awful news I expected to. Not that "recovery" effort etc. and other such news last night gives much hope.

I agree that he looks no different in his mug shot than he looked on his FB page. I see nothing but defiance and lack of concern, jmo.

I want to point out a few things and I could be wrong and feel free to correct me, I can take it.

I do not think we ever heard he arrived at the house on skateboard. I think it has been assumed because he did not take the skateboard when he left which they expected him to, that he also came in on a skateboard. What I mean is he could have used it as an excuse for dropping by, to get it. We have no way of knowing if he stayed there on occasion or this was unusual, that I recall from the articles anyhow. It makes the most sense he may then have come in on one but we really don't know.

I also recall nothing that actually places her clothing on or with him although I could have missed reading a link last night. There are articles about clothing found, etc. which show him to have lied (paraphrasing) I believe which easily can lend one to believing he had clothing on him or with him but it also could have been just found and related to him or his statements somehow.

In the beginning I think it was jeans, a teal plaid shirt and then a short time later came a red tank top. It was then jeans or a teal plaid sKirt (not shirt) and a red tank top. There really is no indication who the clothing description came from that I recall at least, or why it changed some. I suspect shirt to skirt was the correction of an error, possibly even by media. Why it is not known whether she was in a skirt or jeans is unknown... I myself speculated maybe the mother had to determine what clothes were missing, just not sure.

The wedding and such was speculation based on hearing of a black suit on him, at the home late on a Friday night, etc., thinking perhaps the family had an event that night and all were up yet, including the daughter. We also speculated about the clothing. Later, it came out that he stopped by late it sounded like if I recall correctly? Then came the skateboard and that he also left the door open or someone did.

The scanner info is well worth looking at from start to finish and may answer some things.

Not meant at correcting anything, just trying to help clear up a few things for anyone just coming in. I certainly also could be wrong and in need of much more coffee.

Just praying for something other than the expected outcome.

All jmo and as I recall.

The vast overwhelming majority of the time in cases where the children are abducted, and murdered the motive was/is to sexually assault/rape the child.

Exactly & his reluctance to reveal her location is probably because of this. Otherwise, there’d really be no reason for any of this, imo.

Around 3:00 p.m. officers found Whipple, however Shelley was not with him. He reportedly had some of the girl’s clothing in his possession and was taken into custody for questioning.
Police arrest prime suspect in Logan girl’s disappearance

Please notice the booking photo here

It was of interest last night too that when they requested video from homeowners, etc. they used was it, a 2:00 a.m. to noon window? What I mean is they were not looking for any from noon to 3 p.m. when he was found, so they know where he was those three hours or for some reason are not in need of making sure of anything in those three hours and they are already firm on that time period...

IMO There is something dark about the brother. Alexander Whipple

(Note to those speculating about him being at a wedding or something: The profile photo is an older photo, not taken on the day it was posted. He just reposted the old photo with the new frame that day.)

I wonder what he was under the influence of when he was arrested in January 2018.
Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl
“Salt Lake County court records show Whipple had a warrant issued for his arrest last month, for violating his probation. In January 2018, he was convicted of felony theft, failing to stop at the command of law enforcement and driving under the influence.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard