UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father of missing Utah girl, 5, defends the child's 21-year-old uncle who was arrested after he was found 'with her clothing' as police maintain he knows where she is and is lying to them.

* link includes video of AW playing guitar and singing

The father of a missing Utah girl said he doesn't believe that her uncle would have harmed the five-year-old.

Elizabeth Shelley was reported missing from her home around 10am on Saturday.

Later that day, authorities arrested the child's uncle, Alexander Whipple, 21, who police reportedly found walking around with some of the girl's clothing in his hands.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Father of missing Utah girl, 5, doesn't think her uncle would hurt her | Daily Mail Online

I would encourage anyone who reads this article to actually read the entire quote (from fb) from the father. The quote is pictured in this story. He did not defend him. He basically says that when he knew AW 4 years ago he didn’t seem like a guy who would do this, but a lot can happen in 4 years. I think it’s unfair to drag dad into this. If I was him I would be very upset about a major article saying I was defending my daughters attacker. MOO
Also no offense to the original poster of the link!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please advise what a 'suicide vest' is, which some are saying he was wearing?

Example:

Safety smocks standard wear for many prisoners on suicide watch

The PDThis gown called a safety smock is often used in area jails and prisons when a prisoner is on suicide watch. It is designed to prevent a person from self-harm.

The smock, developed more than 20 years ago, eliminates potential hazards of standard shirts, pants and even underwear -- clothing that can be ripped and fashioned into a rope or noose -- that a distraught person could use to inflict self-harm. Buckles and zippers can be swallowed or used to cut the body.

The heavy-duty nylon safety smock -- about $300 each depending on the manufacturer -- is tough to tear and too bulky to fashion into a rope or loop for hanging. The 4.5-pound smock is collarless and sleeveless. A series of one-inch Velcro strips are used to close the smock and adjust openings for the head and arms. Smocks are machine washable and can be put in a dryer.

Let this be the extent of his cruelty, please.
Imo, this means her blood was found.

Glad the baseball bat was cleared up. I still think he found it on the road or in a park. Moo.

Tysm @Inthedetails

RaeAnn Christensen‏Verified account @RaeOnTheNews 19m19 minutes ago
More info from Chief Gary Jensen of the @Logancitypolice regarding the disappearance of Lizzy Shelley. Chief Jensen says they have strong forensic evidence against Alex Whipple linking him to the case including DNA, blood. @KUTV2News #FindElizabeth

I’ve just not made any opinion on this issue, I’m leaving it to the pro’s.

I’m more concerned about his course through the day and the search

Pretty much the same, that is why my opinion can change as we find out more directly from LE. It is also why I close out no possibility generally.

I agree the overall concern is where she is. I think we are all leaving it to the pros and going by info they give out. I know I am. As far as his course through the day and the search, I am leaving that to them as well.

And praying they find her and soon.

Jmo.

From the presser, the Chief said they have DNA evidence that links the two of them. Didn't indicate SA. If he thinks there was SA, he did not state that. IMO, it doesn't matter at this point because they have enough to charge him for other crimes against her.

jmopinion

No, they never said that it wasn’t sexual, but there was no talk of semen.
Last question of the presser:
“When you say that some evidence was found on him, are you saying that blood was found on him?

-I’m not saying. ..but we did have evidence that we found with him, so, yes.”

Timeline: Events surrounding 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley's disappearance Full presser at end of article

Last edited:
I would encourage anyone who reads this article to actually read the entire quote (from fb) from the father. The quote is pictured in this story. He did not defend him. He basically says that when he knew AW 4 years ago he didn’t seem like a guy who would do this, but a lot can happen in 4 years. I think it’s unfair to drag dad into this. If I was him I would be very upset about a major article saying I was defending my daughters attacker. MOO
Also no offense to the original poster of the link!

Wow, this is wrong on so many levels. Talk about click-bait!!! Yes, please read the Father's comments IN CONTEXT on facebook. I'm going to personally send a comment to this reporter's editor.

Example:

The PDThis gown called a safety smock is often used in area jails and prisons when a prisoner is on suicide watch. It is designed to prevent a person from self-harm.

The smock, developed more than 20 years ago, eliminates potential hazards of standard shirts, pants and even underwear -- clothing that can be ripped and fashioned into a rope or noose -- that a distraught person could use to inflict self-harm. Buckles and zippers can be swallowed or used to cut the body.

The heavy-duty nylon safety smock -- about $300 each depending on the manufacturer -- is tough to tear and too bulky to fashion into a rope or loop for hanging. The 4.5-pound smock is collarless and sleeveless. A series of one-inch Velcro strips are used to close the smock and adjust openings for the head and arms. Smocks are machine washable and can be put in a dryer.

People were earlier saying AW was wearing a suicide vest... so this is what they think he was wearing then?

From the presser, the Chief said they have DNA evidence that links the two of them. Didn't indicate SA. If he thinks there was SA, he did not state that. IMO, it doesn't matter at this point because they have enough to charge him for other crimes against her.

jmopinion

Tysm. I couldn’t get a good connection, I think weather is interfering with WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard