Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleah Davis' father claims he was kept from seeing daughter before she went missing
[...]

Craig Davis testified at a CPS hearing Wednesday that Derion Vence would not allow him or his sister to see the 4-year-old on the evening of May 3, claiming she had the flu.

[...]

After being told Maleah was sick, Davis said he and his sister asked if they could just see her sleeping in her room, but Derion wouldn't allow it.

"'I don't want you to get sick also,'" Davis alleges Vence said.

All of this happened the day before Maleah was reported missing to police, on May 4.

Davis also said during the hearing that Bowens asked him to take Maleah to the doctor on the Monday before she disappeared, claiming something was wrong.

Bowens allegedly called him back, saying Vence would take her to the doctor's office instead.

[...]

Maleah Davis' father claims he was kept from seeing daughter before she went missing
[...]

Craig Davis testified at a CPS hearing Wednesday that Derion Vence would not allow him or his sister to see the 4-year-old on the evening of May 3, claiming she had the flu.

[...]

After being told Maleah was sick, Davis said he and his sister asked if they could just see her sleeping in her room, but Derion wouldn't allow it.

All of this happened the day before Maleah was reported missing to police, on May 4.

Davis also said during the hearing that Bowens asked him to take Maleah to the doctor on the Monday before she disappeared, claiming something was wrong.

Bowens allegedly called him back, saying Vence would take her to the doctor's office instead.

[...]
BBM -

--------------------

That's new and interesting information. What was wrong with Maleah..

Missing Maleah Davis' mother is dumped by her spokesperson because there are 'inconsistencies in her story' as the hunt for the four-year-old continues with no leads and her stepfather refuses to speak to police
  • Brittany Bowens' representative Quannell X said he does not think she is being truthful about her daughter's disappearance
  • He jumped to her defense earlier this month when her ex-fiance was jailed
  • Maleah, her four-year-old daughter, has been missing since April 30
  • Her stepfather Derion Vence reported her missing on May 4, claiming she had been abducted
  • He is in jail on tampering with a corpse charges and police say Maleah is dead
  • They have no leads on where her body may be and they think Vence knows
  • Bowens has not been arrested and she says her ex-fiance 'snapped' and harmed her daughter
Maleah Davis' mother is dumped by her spokesperson because her story doesn't add up | Daily Mail Online

Missing Maleah Davis' mother is dumped by her spokesperson because there are 'inconsistencies in her story' as the hunt for the four-year-old continues with no leads and her stepfather refuses to speak to police
  • Brittany Bowens' representative Quannell X said he does not think she is being truthful about her daughter's disappearance
  • He jumped to her defense earlier this month when her ex-fiance was jailed
  • Maleah, her four-year-old daughter, has been missing since April 30
  • Her stepfather Derion Vence reported her missing on May 4, claiming she had been abducted
  • He is in jail on tampering with a corpse charges and police say Maleah is dead
  • They have no leads on where her body may be and they think Vence knows
  • Bowens has not been arrested and she says her ex-fiance 'snapped' and harmed her daughter
Maleah Davis' mother is dumped by her spokesperson because her story doesn't add up | Daily Mail Online

QX didn't do BB any favors. He just wanted 15 minutes of fame.

Honestly I just have zero sympathy for BB.IMO she's been in constant contact with DV. If everything that QX said was a lie she should have stopped him. But she's trying to keep the heat off herself. DV stated he was knocked unconscious IMO that's what he did to MD. DV told people what happened ( his brother) and hid her so no one can find her. He want say anything because his lawyer probably told him to keep his mouth shut. BB is trying to save her own neck. QX was someone she thought could help but instead it backfired. IMO he went off what was told to him.
I have no sympathy for BB either. When QX was representing her and talking for her ... she kept bobbing her head in agreement. BB had every opportunity to stop him. But, she allowed him several interviews with the press and didn’t refute a word he said.

Maleah Davis' father claims he was kept from seeing daughter | abc13.com

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As CPS continues its search for a new home for the siblings of Maleah Davis, we're learning new details about a conversation between her mother's then-fiancé and her biological father.

Maleah had been left in Vence's care by her mother, Brittany Bowens, who left for Massachusetts on April 30 to attend her father's funeral.

Davis testified they arrived at the apartment Bowens and Vence shared around 6:30 p.m.

Six attorneys have interviewed three witnesses during these hearings, including a CPS case worker and Maleah's mother.
BBM
Six attorneys have interviewed three witnesses during these hearings, including a CPS case worker and Maleah's mother.
----------------
So it looks like BB had to answer a lot of questions during the hearing on May 22. Whatever her answers were, they were in conflict with what QX was claiming. Soon after, she gets rid of QX.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As CPS continues its search for a new home for the siblings of Maleah Davis, we're learning new details about a conversation between her mother's then-fiancé and her biological father.

Bowens allegedly called him back, saying Vence would take her to the doctor's office instead.​

RSBM

This is disturbing, something was wrong with Maleah before BB left town? Something was wrong?

Maleah didn't go to daycare, why not?

Friday night DV wouldn't allow the father to see Maleah because Maleah was sick?

The real question I have is why did BB call Maleah's father back and state Vence was going to take Maleah to the Dr.?

More detailed timeline:
Friday April 26 Maleah's last day at daycare.
Monday April 29 Maleah's nana had contact with her (wash done at BB2)
Maleah's father was told something was wrong with Maleah
and she needed to go to doctor.
Tuesday April 30, Maleah seen on video walking into apartment at app 8 AM
DV left for and returned from work (times?)
BB left for airport app 9:30 AM (flight was 4:30)

Trying to find the time, on Tuesday April 30 that DV left for work and returned shortly.

RSBM

This is disturbing, something was wrong with Maleah before BB left town? Something was wrong?

Maleah didn't go to daycare, why not?

Friday night DV wouldn't allow the father to see Maleah because Maleah was sick?

The real question I have is why did BB call Maleah's father back and state Vence was going to take Maleah to the Dr.?

More detailed timeline:
Friday April 26 Maleah's last day at daycare.
Monday April 29 Maleah's nana had contact with her (wash done at BB2)
Maleah's father was told something was wrong with Maleah
and she needed to go to doctor.
Tuesday April 30, Maleah seen on video walking into apartment at app 8 AM
DV left for and returned from work (times?)
BB left for airport app 9:30 AM (flight was 4:30)

Trying to find the time, on Tuesday April 30 that DV left for work and returned shortly.

If he was going to sneak her in, I would think he would be carrying her to better control her movement and talking? I'm sorry, I just can't believe BB was in the apartment for an hour & a half and didn't know Maleah was there. It's just too far fetched. DV had to have known what time BB was leaving. One thing we did learn from DV's Dad. He worked 9-5 at his current job. So we see him bring Maleah back at 7:53 AM and then we see him getting into his car an hour later at 8:53 AM in the apartment parking lot. BB does not leave for the airport until 9:30 AM. So Maleah and BB were home together alone for forty minutes, but BB didn't know she was there ...
BBM

DV left the apartment on 8:53am, per Knox's post. I don't know when he returned back from work.

Derion Vence's attorney files motion to withdraw as counsel

According to court documents, Vence has failed to comply with terms of the employment agreement with his attorney. Payments have also not been made.

Derion Vence's attorney files motion to withdraw as counsel

Wait, did I miss DV being out of jail? What kind of employment agreement can he make and uphold while incarcerated? I find this so confusing.

I believe the lack of payment thing (again, he is in jail and has no access to money). This just tells me his family is not planning or able to foot his attorney fees. Which doesn't shock me. Most folks IMO of modest means can't really afford a criminal lawyer fees for too long.

I’m not a parent, but in my experience with parents; they are used to being exposed to colds and sickness and would not have taken this as an acceptable excuse not to see their child. MOO

Wait, did I miss DV being out of jail? What kind of employment agreement can he make and uphold while incarcerated? I find this so confusing.

I believe the lack of payment thing (again, he is in jail and has no access to money). This just tells me his family is not planning or able to foot his attorney fees. Which doesn't shock me. Most folks IMO of modest means can't really afford a criminal lawyer fees for too long.
The lawyer was employed by DV. DV failed to pay.

BBM -

--------------------

That's new and interesting information. What was wrong with Maleah..
MD wasn't in daycare that day. The rain is coming down on BB & DV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419