VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the evidence to support hired killers?

It said it's possible. There is no evidence to exclude it.

Btw Force Ten, were you at the court for the closing argument?

It said it's possible. There is no evidence to exclude it.

Btw Force Ten, were you at the court for the closing argument?
There's no evidence to exclude they were killed by hammer wielding sumo wrestlers either. I can't see sumo wrestlers - or hit men for that matter - writing checks to chase merritt, backdating and deleting.

There's no evidence to exclude they were killed by hammer wielding sumo wrestlers either. I can't see sumo wrestlers - or hit men for that matter - writing checks to chase merritt, backdating and deleting.

Bad parallel.

CM is being accused, yet there is no evidence the links him CM to the murder. Dr. Rudin excluded his truck. DNA excluded CM from the gravesite.

Possible hired killeres.... no evidence exclude the possibility, not evidence to implicate any known person, either. No one is being accused as being a hire killer in this case, so that can't be compared to CM.

Bad parallel.

CM is being accused, yet there is no evidence the links him CM to the murder. Dr. Rudin excluded his truck. DNA excluded CM from the gravesite.

Possible hired killeres.... no evidence exclude the possibility, not evidence to implicate any known person, either. No one is being accused as being a hire killer in this case, so that can't be compared to CM.

Rudin did not 'exclude' CM's truck. When asked , he said he wouldn't use the term exclude. He would reject it, UNTIL HE HAD MORE DATA, as it could change his decision. Then he went on to say he wanted to do his replication experiment....

So he did not exclude the truck. And in his initial testimony, he included the truck.

Why do you believe there is no public outcry over this as well as repercussions called for to vote the failing authorities out of office or have the professionals fired and replaced?
The verdict has not come in yet on this case. The Colony trial accomplished some of the remedies you mentioned. Remember CM has been incarcerated for a long time, so changes have occurred. jmho

MR started very well, imo. She brought it back to the case, People vs Charles Merritt. And reminded people it wasn’t about lawyers vs lawyers.

And she corrected the ‘legal language’ back to the specific instructions given by the judge, for this case. As opposed to the ones cherry picked by the defense in their closing just before hers.

Then she showed the Occam’s Razor principle, to remind them that the simplest solution is more likely the correct one. She did so because the defense has these complicated explanations for the evidence against CM. And they are very unlikely to be accurate.

Mainly because one has to make more assumptions with more complicated explanations. So she promises to go through these assumptions set forth by the defense.

Assumptions:

CM had written checks for Joey before

Had received checks from Joey and had permission to sign them

Cm and Joey had pattern of calling each other about the checks they wrote

Pattern Evidence:
Feb 1st—joey tried to delete a check, figured it out then called Chase to tell him how

NO EVIDENCE OF ANY OF THAT^^^

‘New account created because Dan is gone.’

‘Created to hide it from Dan K’

NO, That ^^ is not true. Custom account been since 20008

And CM told Dugal why it was created, to hide $ from Summer

And MR deftly showed us that Joey already knew how to delete a check—so their speculation about Joey being the one who created and deleted checks on the 1st, to figure out how to do it is bogus.

As is their silly ‘pattern’ evidence that Joey then called CM afterwards to explain how to delete checks. That is just silly.

MR was off to a very good start, imo.

Let’s also not forget the sheer rage used to kill the family which points to somebody who knew the family as well. It wasn’t a stranger who did this as no need for the over kill. Also if it was a complete stranger no need to kill the toddlers as they was no threat.

IMO

I noticed Maline towards the end of his speech turning over pages and pages that he didn't use. He even said I'm not using these because McGee has already covered it. Makes zero sense given that McGee already tried to weasel out of his responsibilities by saying earlier he turned over his notes to Maline when they were planning closing speeches and Maline didn't tell him about the court's order. So I think Maline had a chunk of stuff he knew he would get in trouble for and decided not to risk it after McGee's dressing down.

I think the silence at the end was an appalling gimmick. Merritt does not have tears inside him for the family he killed or the surviving family members, IMO. We've heard him in the Feb 17th audio, we've seen him on CNN, we've seen him over 5 months unflinching through it all. That is abuse in my world. That was their attempt to focus on him and his reaction, not the McStays, all because he didn't testify.

JMO

Bad parallel.

Anything is possible: little green men from mars could have POSSIBLY murdered the McStay family: hired killers could have POSSIBLY killed them, and on and on it goes. The question is not WHO POSSIBLY MURDERED THE FAMILY, The question is who, based on evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, murdered the McStay family? Sorry, but POSSIBLE does not get it. I believe the evidence points to CM- you may disagree with that, but the word "possible" has no place in this discussion. This is what defense attorneys do, they throw a lot of crap at the wall and hope something sticks. I hope the crap does not stick to the wall in this case.

Let’s also not forget the sheer rage used to kill the family which points to somebody who knew the family as well. It wasn’t a stranger who did this as no need for the over kill. Also if it was a complete stranger no need to kill the toddlers as they was no threat.

IMO
Yes i believe the crime was very personal. CM already showed how he felt about SM even after her brutal murder, and those feelings toward her were anything but positive. CM inserted himself into her family and i don't think she liked that at all. I think SM got a bad vibe from CM, and it's almost like an internal warning, a red flag about someone that we can't ignore and someone we don't want to be near. And look at SM's injuries a hammer to her face resulting in fractures of her jaw, so that IMO was very personal from someone that didn't like her and possibly blamed her in some ways for whatever he blamed her for. And we know who that someone is, no other than CM who never spoke a nice word about her not even in death, yet he invited himself into her home. It doesn't get any worse than that considering what he did, IMO. I hope they throw the book at him, and he can save his fake tears as well, not buying it.

I think Melissa can fill at least another 2-3 hours. Jury out late morning/lunch time. If there are no more tricks up the defense's sleeve.
I kinda don’t think she’s going to go that long. I am thinking an hour this AM to wrap it up and the judge’s final instructions and they should have the case.

The Mcstay's DNA was also not found in the graves, when clearly they were there, and murdered.

Next.

There you have it.

@Force Ten you have been a strong advocate for the McStay Family. The end is near. It’s been a very long 9 years.

There are others here who have been here from the beginning. I’m one of those. Don’t comment much but the McStay Family has always been close to my heart. I want to say THANK YOU - even though I did not mention your names - for supporting the McStay Family. You folks know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg