Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernina, my initial criticism didn't have anything to do with her being a woman (not sure you were even directing this at me!) I have to say, I've seen some excellent women prosecutors!
Oh heck no! I'm just reflecting on this upswing in gender bias that I see specifically in the US. Not directed towards anyone, just an observation I've encountered in the last few years.

citygir said:
Cabo mentioned most jurors seemed to be in their 40's with one older woman who may be retired.
With alternates now on board I am wondering what the gender balance is?
Seemed there were more women than men in the first round.
Anyone?

I can't help much - but here's what I have:

Started off with 7 women & 5 men. Alternates 3 men & 3 women. What I have left:

7 women & 2 men & 1 + 1 + 1 gender unknown? (alternates include 3 men & 2 women-minus one; 5/28: Juror #9 (man) being let go due to illness;Juror #5 has been let go; alternates left 3).

That is IF I counted right....:rolleyes:

I can't help much - but here's what I have:

Started off with 7 women & 5 men. Alternates 3 men & 3 women. What I have left:

7 women & 2 men & 1 + 1 + 1 gender unknown? (alternates include 3 men & 2 women-minus one; 5/28: Juror #9 (man) being let go due to illness;Juror #5 has been let go; alternates left 3).

That is IF I counted right....:rolleyes:
Juror #5 had the voice of a man.

My mistake - here's what we started off with:

12 jurors & 6 alternates were finalized on Tuesday (12/11). 8 women & 4 men, while the alternates include 4 men & 2 women.

I shall change a few things around since I see I only had 2 women in the alternates in the start.... sorry for the mistake.

Yes, I know Juror #5 was a man as was Juror #9.

So - 8 women & 2 men plus 3 alternates (but no gender on those). Don't know "what" the alternates are left with, but there is 3 of them.

My mistake - here's what we started off with:

12 jurors & 6 alternates were finalized on Tuesday (12/11). 8 women & 4 men, while the alternates include 4 men & 2 women.

I shall change a few things around since I see I only had 2 women in the alternates in the start.... sorry for the mistake.

Yes, I know Juror #5 was a man as was Juror #9.

So - 8 women & 2 men plus 3 alternates (but no gender on those). Don't know "what" the alternates are left with, but there is 3 of them.
Your numbers are correct. Juror #5 was a male who had work commitments so he was released. Unless the replacement was a female we're still at 7 men and 5 woman split but I'm pretty sure the alternate chosen is a male.

ETA: Remaining alternates were 2 males and 1 female.

If all the jurors are at least fairly bright people with no big hangups, I think they will have a guilty verdict by noon on Tuesday. Since most of the evidence was driven home strongly by the Prosecutors, and argued very weakly by the defense, the jurors will not likely need to review very much of the evidence. Especially if at least a few of them had taken detailed notes during all of the key points throughout the trial. Worst case scenario, in my opinion: 1 or 2 jurors need to be patiently walked through the key points, or shown why certain claims by the defense don't hold any weight at all. In this case, I suppose it could drag on through Wednesday or even Thursday. I really can't imagine how it could go any longer than that.

Your numbers are correct. Juror #5 was a male who had work commitments so he was released. Unless the replacement was a female we're still at 7 men and 5 woman split but I'm pretty sure the alternate chosen is a male.

ETA: Remaining alternates were 2 males and 1 female.
Now I'm really confused. I thought it was more women than men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member