GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
DG, OH MY GOSH, NOT THE DAUGHTER ? THE DIVORCE RIGHT AT THE TIME OF THE D'S DEATHS. . BOTH ARE DOCTORS, CREEPY THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD

Their son, Mark, died during a drug deal in Atlanta. If I recall, there are SEVERAL GROWN grandsons that I have heard absolutely nothing about.

Certainly not pointing any fingers, and the mistaken identity is definitely worth investigating.

This is one case I will never forget as long as I live.

Just for the record: Even my very close Family and Friends who know me knows better than to just drop my house. If they do they know they will not be invited in. Experience has taught me over the years that way I am not in a position to decide when it is time for them to go. When I do have guest over I want my house to look a certain way as well as refreshments and possibly appetizers as well. Call me old fashioned. I personally think it is rude to just "drop in" on people unexpectedly. To each their own.

JMO

I missed this, and I'mkind of surprised SS released additional evidence to AJC.

"While Sills has no suspects in the Dermonds case, he has collected some physical evidence that could eventually confirm the killers’ identity. Because it might compromise the investigation, the AJC is not disclosing the information shared by the sheriff."

5 years later, murders of Lake Oconee couple continue to confound

Their son, Mark, died during a drug deal in Atlanta. If I recall, there are SEVERAL GROWN grandsons that I have heard absolutely nothing about.

Certainly not pointing any fingers, and the mistaken identity is definitely worth investigating.

This is one case I will never forget as long as I live.
she wasn't involved in the franchises, was in the middle of a divorce about the time of the murders

Sills says he still thinks of the case every day, but that they are no closer to solving it than they were five years ago. Five years ago, we were running hot leads and things like that, and we’re not running that now. That doesn’t mean, though, that we’re not following up on leads,” he said. “We still aggressively pursue anything that’s plausible... if it’s anything at all, we’re jumping on it and we’re jumping on it, aggressively.”

Who Killed Russell And Shirley Dermond? New Details On The Unsolved Murder Of The Georgia Couple

We all agree something happened to the Dermonds by some sinister individual. Strangers could have come by but i don't believe if held captive she would have answered the door and to say 2 women stopped for water very thirsty who live in the neighborhood in 70 deg weather could have just gone home and it wasn't hot according to weather reports and shirkey being mad and a they heard people inside is rumor if not sourced, we have no idea her feelings

However there was in the early stages of this crime an article that no longer exists that lawn men next door heard loud voices on that Saturday coming frim inside the house, if you haven't read it go back thri the threads to find it....the article is long gone however

It appears the derminds knew their killers and that according to the FBI profile, the time spent at a location committing a crime indicates how familiar they are to the location.....so someone knew them or the area well i think

I don't think they were hermits and im sure all 88 yr olds dont entertain that much probably zero except for family...

..the friends who stopped by to check were close enough to the dermonda to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have..

...right about going thru the house tho it doesn't take a genious....

I agree there was probably 2 or 3 individuals that did this, 2 to hold RD and SD captive, HENCE THE HAIR in RD hands

And one to drive the boat

I wonder at what time the lawn men heard the voices? Most don't come before 9am so as to not disturb neighbors. If the D's were dead before breakfast Saturday morning, then whose loud voices were heard by the lawn men on Saturday? Inside the house or the garage? Assuming it was a male voice/s. More than one if they were arguing or one angry person yelling to himself or the victim? (Look what you made me do type thing.)

Sills says he still thinks of the case every day, but that they are no closer to solving it than they were five years ago. Five years ago, we were running hot leads and things like that, and we’re not running that now. That doesn’t mean, though, that we’re not following up on leads,” he said. “We still aggressively pursue anything that’s plausible... if it’s anything at all, we’re jumping on it and we’re jumping on it, aggressively.”

Who Killed Russell And Shirley Dermond? New Details On The Unsolved Murder Of The Georgia Couple

In the article, why does SS think RD may not have been murdered in the garage but why does he believe his head was cut off in there? Where would RD have been beforehand before he was killed so that he was able to grab SD's hair? SS said the house was immaculate inside but what about outside? Could it have happened on one of their porches/decks/dock?

[TP.....do you have a source for this information like you tend to want from others posting as well??

We don't need to destroy the thread and all of us should go by the same standards, this thread is 5 years old so alot of the FACTS are no longer sourced as they were already sourced years ago....so those who just came in should do their homework first, things being discussed time and again have already been sourced so do your homework if you just joined this thread... say...in late 2018

I’ve been reading this thread every day until recently since I found it on July 3rd 2017. When I decided to create an account and start posting and when I started following are two separate thing. I understand you don’t like my posts but that doesn’t make them false.

Also I considered not posting that nugget because I knew I would get immediately disagreed with. This case isn’t about me though, nor you. I figured I would relay the info and y’all could do with it what you please.

As for the podcast I’ve reached out to @Levi but haven’t heard back. Probably shelved since I think it will now be solved by end of August. 3 peeps still involved. 1 woman, 2 men.

MOO[/QUOTE]

tennis—-Can you tell why you think it will be solved by August? And the one woman and two men, were they known to the victims?

I missed this, and I'mkind of surprised SS released additional evidence to AJC.

"While Sills has no suspects in the Dermonds case, he has collected some physical evidence that could eventually confirm the killers’ identity. Because it might compromise the investigation, the AJC is not disclosing the information shared by the sheriff."

5 years later, murders of Lake Oconee couple continue to confound

Dermond%20cold%20case(1).JPG

From the description in the article and from this photo, it was stated that RD was propped up behind one of the vehicles parked in the garage so he was not visible unless you went around to the back of the vehicle (from what I gather) or opened the garage door?

Was it stated that he was between the garage door and the back of the vehicle? I know there were towels placed to keep blood from flowing under the door to the outside. Was it ever stated he was dragged to that location after death? That sure is an odd place to "commit" a murder (rather tight space), unless the garage door was open at the time? Was RD already in the garage and perhaps trying to make an escape and so was shot first (two weapons, two perpetrators)? Who died first? Was SD dead and carried down to the boat or killed afterwards in the boat? I do wonder, too, if they found any of her blood in the garage.

SD was fully dressed and RD still had on bedroom clothing, so it seems this crime happened at bedtime or in the early morning hours, possibly. I would think it more likely the early morning hours, as they were very good about using their alarm system, I believe one of their children stated. We turn ours on in the evening as soon as we realize we will not be going outside again (sometimes, before dark). But, we turn it off as soon as one of us wakes in the morning.

Has SS stated a time when he believes this happened? It seems obvious there was more than one person involved and that their SOLE PURPOSE was to murder these two people. Since they did not gain anything from the scene, would it be presumptuous to assume they gained something after the deed was accomplished? A random, thrill kill is entirely possible, I suppose.

Could this be a spur of the moment thrill kill, mistaken identity, revenge, a hit or something else entirely (what else could there be?). Where were the car keys, SD's purse, RD's wallet? SS stated children said nothing was missing. Could that statement be a red herring?

So many questions after so long a time. If SS has the answers to all these questions, he probably does have an idea who might have committed these grisly murders. I just hope and pray this case is one that will be solved.

P.S. I cannot imagine anyone buying that home. I wouldn't be able to sleep there, I don't believe.

In the article, why does SS think RD may not have been murdered in the garage but why does he believe his head was cut off in there? Where would RD have been beforehand before he was killed so that he was able to grab SD's hair? SS said the house was immaculate inside but what about outside? Could it have happened on one of their porches/decks/dock?
I guess it seems he thinks he dragged them all over town then back home?

One article, sourced in the thread several times, said he was dragged a few feet and that a foot was dragged thru the blood

Does that not imply the blood was there to be dragged thru?

When did they drag him and why ?

Could have hit him outside garage door, he's a big man to be dragging around to behead him.

Who's blood was on the floor if RD wasn't killed there? We know he was decapitated there.

That seems they moved him after he was beheaded in the garage to me

I think he was close enough to garage door for the blood to flow or they wouldn't have had to dam it at the door under his shoulder area, left side IIRC

Dermond%20cold%20case(1).JPG

From the description in the article and from this photo, it was stated that RD was propped up behind one of the vehicles parked in the garage so he was not visible unless you went around to the back of the vehicle (from what I gather) or opened the garage door?

Was it stated that he was between the garage door and the back of the vehicle? I know there were towels placed to keep blood from flowing under the door to the outside. Was it ever stated he was dragged to that location after death? That sure is an odd place to "commit" a murder (rather tight space), unless the garage door was open at the time? Was RD already in the garage and perhaps trying to make an escape and so was shot first (two weapons, two perpetrators)? Who died first? Was SD dead and carried down to the boat or killed afterwards in the boat? I do wonder, too, if they found any of her blood in the garage.

SD was fully dressed and RD still had on bedroom clothing, so it seems this crime happened at bedtime or in the early morning hours, possibly. I would think it more likely the early morning hours, as they were very good about using their alarm system, I believe one of their children stated. We turn ours on in the evening as soon as we realize we will not be going outside again (sometimes, before dark). But, we turn it off as soon as one of us wakes in the morning.

Has SS stated a time when he believes this happened? It seems obvious there was more than one person involved and that their SOLE PURPOSE was to murder these two people. Since they did not gain anything from the scene, would it be presumptuous to assume they gained something after the deed was accomplished? A random, thrill kill is entirely possible, I suppose.

Could this be a spur of the moment thrill kill, mistaken identity, revenge, a hit or something else entirely (what else could there be?). Where were the car keys, SD's purse, RD's wallet? SS stated children said nothing was missing. Could that statement be a red herring?

So many questions after so long a time. If SS has the answers to all these questions, he probably does have an idea who might have committed these grisly murders. I just hope and pray this case is one that will be solved.

P.S. I cannot imagine anyone buying that home. I wouldn't be able to sleep there, I don't believe.

nothing we know of, I hope it's solved by then...….hard to do without a suspect and any people SS is looking at he says it's gut feeling but no evidence.....cant find link
and everyone else that might be a sensible place to start looking for potential suspects, he doesn't think they had anything to do with it, but he never says never, so.... just sittin, waitin' for that big phonecall!

Ive got the image stuck in my head the scuffle occurred in the garage, one holding him back and one holding her back when he lunged for her, got her hair and he tried hard to protect her with hair in both hands, got him self smacked with the butt of the gun possibly (gsr on collar), maybe bit the perpetrator whose arm was around his throat, blood in RD's mouth, beheading to hide evidence, too much blood now to haul him off, one stayed behind, the others lured shirley by night to a dock or shoreline in the cove, maybe hit her on the boat in the middle of nowhere in the night, spent some time tying her up though while on the boat, mightve looked like someone getting ready to run a trout line or trot line with all the rope (if anyone happened by, but down there where she was found, VERY DARK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert