The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder about the gifts. Do American taxpayers pay for the gifts?

Why give a gift to people who have everything in the world? How about a gift to their favorite project?

It is ludicrous. In the US there are gofundmes for such sad medical procedures or special wheelchairs. We send out hard earned money to people who have everything?

The trump’s have a long standing relationship with Tiffany & Co. it’s right next door to trump tower on 5th Avenue. And a child is named after the store, too. Tiffany & Co. had a hard time in 2016 especially because of all the barricades and beefed up security due to constant protests. It made foot traffic a nightmare.

So, I’m sure choosing a Tiffany piece is as much a PR smoothing gesture as anything.

Lady Gaga wore the Tiffany yellow Diamond to the oscars that was worn by Audrey Hepburn from the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s. That was gorgeous.

I’m not fond of the modern poppy brooch but it does have symbolic value for “remembrance” for the British.

Gifts are what kings and queens and countries do.

I’d be concerned if they were gifting land, or giving away the Tiffany Diamond (!) but a silver brooch, flight jacket, and some books and a tea set... nah.

Yes, taxpayers are paying for gifts that represent our nation. If QE happens to meet the trump’s again in an official capacity, she’ll probably wear the brooch. She did that with a gift brooch from the previous administration. A lovely gesture.

I wonder where the gifts given to our country go? Are they in the smithsonian? Or are they considered personal gifts?

5692d096777213a7f713c9841ba04a66.png
For anyone who's actually interested in
Current Events-The British Royal Family - news..

Donald Trump joins Queen for 75th D-Day anniversary
190605_gma_moran1_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Figures from every country that fought alongside the UK are attending.
792276-1200x800.scale_type-center_crop.jpg
TELEMMGLPICT000199758581_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Donald Trump joins Queen for 75th D-Day anniversary

The trump’s have a long standing relationship with Tiffany & Co. it’s right next door to trump tower on 5th Avenue. And a child is named after the store, too. Tiffany & Co. had a hard time in 2016 especially because of all the barricades and beefed up security due to constant protests. It made foot traffic a nightmare.

So, I’m sure choosing a Tiffany piece is as much a PR smoothing gesture as anything.

Lady Gaga wore the Tiffany yellow Diamond to the oscars that was worn by Audrey Hepburn from the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s. That was gorgeous.

I’m not fond of the modern poppy brooch but it does have symbolic value for “remembrance” for the British.

Gifts are what kings and queens and countries do.

I’d be concerned if they were gifting land, or giving away the Tiffany Diamond (!) but a silver brooch, flight jacket, and some books and a tea set... nah.

Yes, taxpayers are paying for gifts that represent our nation. If QE happens to meet the trump’s again in an official capacity, she’ll probably wear the brooch. She did that with a gift brooch from the previous administration. A lovely gesture.

I wonder where the gifts given to our country go? Are they in the smithsonian? Or are they considered personal gifts?

It’s all too Marie Antoinette for me. One gift would buy a senior citizen some meds so they do not have to cut pills in half, for instance, Really absurd

What is a State Visit?

"These visits play an integral role in strengthening Britain's relationships with countries across the world."

So then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE result in positive things like this:
( for what it's worth :rolleyes:
)

Donald Trump UK visit: President 'moved' by Prince Charles' climate change passion as they prepare for D-Day commemoration in Portsmouth

"Donald Trump appears to have softened his stance on climate change after being "moved" by Prince Charles' passion for the environment.

The pair had a long conversation on global warming when they met at Buckingham Palace, and they will meet again today in Portsmouth for a D-Day commemoration."

Donald Trump UK visit: President 'moved' by Prince Charles' climate change passion as they prepare for D-Day commemoration in Portsmouth

State Visits

What is a State Visit?

"These visits play an integral role in strengthening Britain's relationships with countries across the world."

So then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE result in positive things like this:
( for what it's worth :rolleyes:
)

"Donald Trump appears to have softened his stance on climate change after being "moved" by Prince Charles' passion for the environment.

The pair had a long conversation on global warming when they met at Buckingham Palace, and they will meet again today in Portsmouth for a D-Day commemoration."

State Visits

Hm. The babbling he did hardly implies any understanding of the topic he discussed with the Prince for 1 1/2 hours.

Weather, extreme, Prince, good.

Attachments

• May Step.png
    May Step.png
    855.2 KB · Views: 84
Unfortunately climate denial is a political pawn piece here in USA. And it is a hot political issue going into the elections.

Actions speak louder than words... We could rejoin the Paris climate accord anytime...

That’s not going to happen with this administration.

Prince Charles is way ahead of the curve. But I’d wager it moves no needle in the climate denying USA.

13-british-emojis-we-definitely-need-2-20568-1422959215-8_dblbig.jpg

The Red Arrows fly over Portsmouth to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy

The Red Arrows flew over Portsmouth on Wednesday afternoon to mark the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
A stunning video shows part of the 20-minute aerobatics display, with the planes leaving a trail of blue, red and white smoke behind them. The nine aircrafts performed a series of impressive tricks and used red smoke to leave the impression of a heart against the backdrop of the sky.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s meeting with Queen Elizabeth II was all smiles and chuckles yesterday — but one subtle sign proved the royal was actually enjoying herself.

But it was the placing of the Queen’s handbag that spoke volumes. The position of the 93-year-old Queen’s handbag in the Audience Room at Buckingham Palace sends a specific signal to her lady-in-waiting standing metres away.

If the Queen places her bag on the chair, it means she is happy to keep chatting away.

But if the bag is placed on the table, or worse the floor, the Queen’s lady-in-waiting knows to either cut the meeting short, or to rush over and end the meeting completely.

According to The Australian, the bag being placed on the table gives visitors a very quick five-minute audience with the Queen.
Subtle sign that the Queen liked ScoMo

The Queen served in the war. The family was honorable during the war times.

I believe most of the Royal men serve?
;)At least no one had been a POW or did not serve because of medical issues?
She served in the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service during World War II. Known as Second Subaltern Elizabeth Windsor :D
2doqqvuxqaa11.jpg

8pg6oni2kcd11.jpg

queen-elizabeth-ii-ats.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads