Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No time mentioned but was referred to an early morning meeting. It is unusual for a lawyer to go to someone's home for a meeting. (This may be why a legal team has asked to be withdrawn as they felt manipulated into going to his home as an alibi.) I would think it was early, like a 7 am meeting that went for an hour. Time is money with lawyers so FD would be paying not only for the meeting time but also travel time to and from his home.
If the meeting was over by 8 o'clock, he could still make it to JD's home by 9:30 and that is still within the time frame, remembering she had a phone call with a friend between 9 and 9:30.

If the meeting was over by 8 o'clock, he could still make it to JD's home by 9:30 and that is still within the time frame, remembering she had a phone call with a frien between 9 and 9:30.
Not with Memorial Day weekend Friday morning traffic IMO. I need to know the time, I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about it, ha ha.

Do we think Pattis will keep blabbing to the press and give us more information we won't be able to get otherwise, or will he wait until murder charges to start introducing evidence?

MOO - Totally agree with you. I the think the DA didn’t take the “bait”. The judge also appeared to see through the 401k shenanigans. JMO
Love the judge saying he didn't want to get involved in the minutia of managing the 401K! Pattis looked like he had totally sucked a lemon and has to be wondering if he will be forced to take the case pro bono when the money runs out!

Yes, with an ankle GPS monitor, a likely constant police and media tail, and a face plastered everywhere that is extremely recognizable.
My bet is that Pattis puts his own 'personal representative' with FD to make sure he doesn't skip!

Plaintiff actually demonstrated costs in excess of the $50,000 but the judgement was limited by statute I believe. But if you look at the legal tatics used in a simple case where he rear ended someone at high speed it again showed his win at all costs approach to life.

He hit someone at high speed and the accident resulted in some serious injuries to the other party and there was also a period of time where they were unable to work. What did FD/and his atty do? Dragged the poor woman through the legal meat grinder via motion after motion. I commend the woman for hanging in there but I am honestly not sure if she has seen a penny from FD!?
I agree. I was surprised she held on. However I did not see any order entered for him to pay what had been decided.

Love the judge saying he didn't want to get involved in the minutia of managing the 401K! Pattis looked like he had totally sucked a lemon and has to be wondering if he will be forced to take the case pro bono when the money runs out!
Am I crazy or is he taking it pro bono? I thought that was said, but now everyone is saying he's getting paid, and I am probably going crazy from my allergies that are slowly trying to kill me today.

IMO, based on the bombshell they've held close to their chest that they dropped today, they probably have enough to charge, but who knows if it's enough to DEFINITELY convict. They're going to want this case as airtight as possible, especially since they haven't found JD yet.
I also think they have enough now to charge but are waiting until ALL their searches are complete. There might be more to find at the trash locations, imo.

My hope, anyway.

jmo

I also think they have enough now to charge but are waiting until ALL their searches are complete. There might be more to find at the trash locations, imo.

My hope, anyway.

jmo

Once they charge the clock starts ticking, I really think their concentration right now is finding Jennifer. FD is out but can he help himself? I suspect he's going to check out things and I hope it leads to her.

Would love to know your take on this morning's events. While this opinion may not be popular, IMO, Mr. Pattis is doing a good job. We don't have all of the facts, which makes presumption of innocence even more important--in court at least, on WS we are able to give our opinions. State needs to show more of its hand to keep FD behind bars, IMO. Albeit unfortunately IMO as well.

I think he's masterful. But the state does not need to show more of its hand. Not now. The high bail for this charge shows the seriousness of the circumstances and the strength of the evidence.

It's very easy to fall for his spin. He's good. But while we may not know ALL the facts, those we do know are powerful and compelling and IMO substantial evidence that he committed homicide against Jennifer. And it will be super easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, IMO, that he tampered with evidence and hindered prosecution.

Make no mistake, the attorney isn't defending against those charges as much as he is defending against what will surely become a homicide case.

The facts we know must be taken as a whole. Too many times in these cases I see people twist and turn in order to excuse each fact and find a way to make each fact explainable other than due to homicide.

But we can't look at each fact separately. Each fact isn't in a vacuum. We have to look at them together and when we do, I believe the facts provide a powerful circumstantial homicide case:

1. The parties were engaged in a highly contentious divorce.
2. Jennifer had attempted to get a temporary restraining order against FD stating she was afraid of him, he had threatened her and she believed he would try to kill her.
3. FD appeared controlling and angry according to Jennifer, during the marriage. Her kids expressed fear of him.
4. One of the harshest custody orders available was issued against him, calling for only supervised visitation, no overnights, preventing him from speaking Greek to his kids or speaking privately with them. His every move had to be monitored by a progressional. This would be particular galling to a man with a large ego, sense of entitlement and controlling nature. It also shows the strength of the evidence about his nature and his danger to the kids.
5. A hearing was coming up in which FD would have to disclose financial information, which court orders would be based on.
6. Before the hearing was to occur, Jennifer disappeared.
7. Blood evidence, including blood spatter was found in her home.
8. FD was spotted on camera, the day Jennifer disappeared, dumping bags into trash cans.
9. Those bags were retrieved and found to contain blood that belongs to Jennifer.
10. Now we find his DNA was found mixed with Jennifer's blood on a faucet inside Jennifer's house, even though he was not inside the actual house (and was merely outside in the backyard for a visit)

Oh I'm sure someone could come up with excuses or each of those facts or reasons why each one individually doesn't amount to murder.

But they won't be examined individually at trial. They'll be looked at as part of a whole picture.

And that picture is of a controlling man whose wife feared him and felt he was going to kill her, a man slowly losing control of his kids and his finances.

His attorney can bluster all he wants and make beautiful speeches about due process and prejudging and attempt to convince people his client is innocent. But the reality is summed up by what the prosecutor stated at the hearing today, which was something to the effect of: "Counsel said a lot of things but he failed to state one important thing and it's easy to see why- his client was seen dumping bags with Jennifer blood on them, the day she disappeared."

No innocent person has that many coincidences in their lives.

Catching up-
A couple thoughts:
1. If there is no firm order for FD not to contact MT, I guarantee he already has.
2. Although the kids are currently in a 1500 sq ft 2 bedroom apartment, GF has plenty of money to arrange for roomier and safe accommodations. It just hasn't been the priority right now, MOO

My hope, anyway.

jmo
I think they have enough now to charge also, but are following up on a few more leads that will solidify the charges IMO -- MT could have given them some info on how/where he got into poison ivy (LE said his body was covered in a rash) in her interview with detectives last week, & according to CT Post article yesterday, she was seen with detectives the day after the interview going out behind his house into a wooded area that leads to a water body. Perhaps some evidence from behind his house coupled with some more evidence from the dump will lead LE to have enough evidence to write the warrant for his arrest for murder of JD in the next little while. JMO

They don’t have enough evidence to arrest him for murder or they would have, right? Unsure why it’s not enough. If they don’t find more, that’s it, he won’t be held responsible for the murder. Either will MT.

It starts the clock. Think trying to build a sound case. If nothing further is found, they could go forward with current evidence.

I think he's masterful. But the state does not need to show more of its hand. Not now. The high bail for this charge shows the seriousness of the circumstances and the strength of the evidence.

It's very easy to fall for his spin. He's good. But while we may not know ALL the facts, those we do know are powerful and compelling and IMO substantial evidence that he committed homicide against Jennifer. And it will be super easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, IMO, that he tampered with evidence and hindered prosecution.

Make no mistake, the attorney isn't defending against those charges as much as he is defending against what will surely become a homicide case.

The facts we know must be taken as a whole. Too many times in these cases I see people twist and turn in order to excuse each fact and find a way to make each fact explainable other than due to homicide.

But we can't look at each fact separately. Each fact isn't in a vacuum. We have to look at them together and when we do, I believe the facts provide a powerful circumstantial homicide case:

1. The parties were engaged in a highly contentious divorce.
2. Jennifer had attempted to get a temporary restraining order against FD stating she was afraid of him, he had threatened her and she believed he would try to kill her.
3. FD appeared controlling and angry according to Jennifer, during the marriage. Her kids expressed fear of him.
4. One of the harshest custody orders available was issued against him, calling for only supervised visitation, no overnights, preventing him from speaking Greek to his kids or speaking privately with them. His every move had to be monitored by a progressional. This would be particular galling to a man with a large ego, sense of entitlement and controlling nature. It also shows the strength of the evidence about his nature and his danger to the kids.
5. A hearing was coming up in which FD would have to disclose financial information, which court orders would be based on.
6. Before the hearing was to occur, Jennifer disappeared.
7. Blood evidence, including blood spatter was found in her home.
8. FD was spotted on camera, the day Jennifer disappeared, dumping bags into trash cans.
9. Those bags were retrieved and found to contain blood that belongs to Jennifer.
10. Now we find his DNA was found mixed with Jennifer's blood on a faucet inside Jennifer's house, even though he was not inside the actual house (and was merely outside in the backyard for a visit)

Oh I'm sure someone could come up with excuses or each of those facts or reasons why each one individually doesn't amount to murder.

But they won't be examined individually at trial. They'll be looked at as part of a whole picture.

And that picture is of a controlling man whose wife feared him and felt he was going to kill her, a man slowly losing control of his kids and his finances.

His attorney can bluster all he wants and make beautiful speeches about due process and prejudging and attempt to convince people his client is innocent. But the reality is summed up by what the prosecutor stated at the hearing today, which was something to the effect of: "Counsel said a lot of things but he failed to state one important thing and it's easy to see why- his client was seen dumping bags with Jennifer blood on them, the day she disappeared."

No innocent person has that many coincidences in their lives.

Excellent post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member