CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I recall about the Idaho evidence was that they were concerned about how to transport it back to Colorado.

Re: the consumptive testing,

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Now on consumptive testing. Prosecution says since Monday, they’ve learned the evidence isn’t as critical as once thought. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
1:32 PM - 4 Jan 2019
That evidence was “Krystal,” LE
had to plot out fast food Sonics to ensure safe transport. Thus consumptive testing.

Last edited:
Defense has two weeks to find expert witness in Patrick Frazee case
[...]

The defense was objecting to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's requirements that an expert has to go through before they’re allowed to observe testing. They objected to having their expert go through a background test and a buccal swab.

Judge Scott A. Sells said because the CBI is a credited testing facility and said they have the right to background checks and buccal swabs to be sure the expert coming into the testing room doesn’t have any prior felonies or doesn’t carry contamination into the testing room.

The Judge ruled in favor of prosecution.

District Attorney Dan May says the defense has two weeks to find and submit their expert because the testing of the tooth needs to be done as soon as possible.

[...]

“Rancher friend”. Hmmm.. Cowboy code for co-conspirator. IMO
Hard to believe anyone wants to associate with him--- unless they're just nervous about what they knew.... Hmmmm....
Yes, I'm pointing fingers at this "friend".
If that sounds angry and accusatory... so be it.
Others knew what was going to happen and even after Kelsey was murdered-- and said nothing. Possibly more people than the Sonic KK.
Imo.

I agree - hoping this is the nail in his coffin.
Ita.
Also; 'The icing on the cake'.

Well alrighty then, that dampens what I'm thinking about this might be the bomb show if the prosecution said way back then it wasn't so critical.

"Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Now on consumptive testing. Prosecution says since Monday, they’ve learned the evidence isn’t as critical as once thought. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
1:32 PM - 4 Jan 2019"

Imo, this only meant because they had found so much other evidence, that maybe this wasn't as urgent as first thought. I still think it's the bomb. Hoping!

[...]

The defense was objecting to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's requirements that an expert has to go through before they’re allowed to observe testing. They objected to having their expert go through a background test and a buccal swab.

Judge Scott A. Sells said because the CBI is a credited testing facility and said they have the right to background checks and buccal swabs to be sure the expert coming into the testing room doesn’t have any prior felonies or doesn’t carry contamination into the testing room.

District Attorney Dan May says the defense has two weeks to find and submit their expert because the testing of the tooth needs to be done as soon as possible.

[...]

If that tooth is Kelsey’s, I wouldn’t be surprised with a guilty plea.

[...]

[...]

RBBM

I have patience with many things, but not with waiting for the test results.

I am afraid that I started this all. I am sorry if people think that I thought this changed anything- it doesn't.

The reason why I brought it up is because they haven't, to my knowledge, found anything of her at the dump, in spite of all those days of sifting through trash/particles.

I guess I just think that her body may still be out there somewhere- that was the only point I was trying to make.

Sorry for the confusion I caused folks.

You did not start anything. Each have their own opinion and that is the kind of world I for one prefer, it makes for good and interesting discussion when all respect that. :)

Jmo.

No wonder DA May is keeping the death penalty on the table.
He may wait for the results of the testing to come back.

If that tooth is KB's, he can threaten PF with the dp unless PF pleads guilty and discloses where/what he did with her remains.

Boy, you just shut my comment right on down! :( How do you KNOW he isn't a serial killer, or that he is a sociopath, and that it was a personal crime, committed for his own screwed up reasons???? Sources please.
Serial killers tend to follow their victims, like a predator hunting for their prey. They kill because they get intense satisfaction and sometimes are not selective in their choices.
In cases of "intimate partner homicide," the victim is the partner. They are motivated for different reasons, such as jealousy, revenge, or custody issues.
I don't have a link but you can find out more by looking up the two types of killers. Imo

I'll bet he's waiting for the results of the testing to come back.

If that tooth is KB's, he can threaten PF with the dp unless PF pleads guilty and discloses where/what he did with her remains.

Yeah, I’ve felt all along that this case was a slam dunk.

If that tooth is Kelsey’s, it’s not just a home run, but a grand slam.

Yeah, I’ve felt all along that this case was a slam dunk.

If that tooth is Kelsey’s, it’s not just a home run, but a grand slam.
Yup. If that tooth is KB's, it's game over for PF.

I do hope that some day, when this is all over and PF has been sentenced to either life in prison or death by lethal injection, that a reporter sits down with DA May and asks him if he's ever in all of his years as a prosecutor encountered a murderer who left such a voluminous trail of evidence leading so directly to themselves.

I'm thinking DA May's answer will be a resounding, "Nope!"

JMO.

Last edited:
Oh how I wish you are right MG, but I don't think we'll see PF admit guilt ever. I believe he'll 'gamble the ranchette' on trying to convince at least one juror. He's a selfish, sociopath with nothing to lose at this point.

JMO

Media coverage restricted for Patrick Frazee hearing in Kelsey Berreth case
frazee+perp+walk+video+taken+by+ashley+franco+kktv.jpg

Patrick Frazee. Photo taken June 13, 2019 by KKTV.

A judge ruled media will no longer be able to have access to the sidewalks where a man suspected of killing his fiance is expected to be dropped off for a hearing on Friday.

[...]

The public information officer for the Teller County Sheriff's Office posted the following Thursday night:

Media Advisory: #frazeehearing tomorrow in Cripple Creek: Judge Sells has ruled there will no longer be media access along either sidewalk between the courthouse and Cripple Creek PD.

So, Judge Sells closed the sidewalks to the media. I suppose they are owned by the Courthouse. But, if those are public sidewalks, he seems to be overstepping. And leaving no time for media to respond with a request for a permit to assemble, or whatever is needed. I call BS. JMO

Say what????

Since when do judges get to restrict the use of public sidewalks?

For cryin' out loud. This is ridiculous.

What, is PF camera shy? If so, he should have thought about that before he bludgeoned KB to death with a baseball bat.

Not a fan of Judge Sells so far. Unimpressed and underwhelmed.
He seems overly concerned with coddling PF.

Hope we get a change of venue and this case gets transferred to another court.

JMO.

I am thinking it is more likely there has been some serious threats made. That is the only valid reason as, I am guessing that like here sidewalks are public and usually council run.

Oh how I wish you are right MG, but I don't think we'll see PF admit guilt ever. I believe he'll 'gamble the ranchette' on trying to convince at least one juror. He's a selfish, sociopath with nothing to lose at this point.

JMO
I'm firmly in the camp that believes there's no way PF will ever admit guilt UNLESS he believes he's in serious jeopardy of being sentenced to death.

Otherwise, you're right, he'll roll the dice. He thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else.

PF would possibly plead guilty to save himself from the needle. That's the one and only reason he would plead guilty.

JMO.

He may wait for the results of the testing to come back.

We don't have the death penalty here, but I am wondering if that really works as many I would think would find it really amusing/hurtful for the family to never know. Just one last satisfaction for them.

DP for many is an easy way out, bring back the bread, water and isolation without all the mod cons they seem to get.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes there's no way PF will ever admit guilt UNLESS he believes he's in serious jeopardy of being sentenced to death.

Otherwise, you're right, he'll roll the dice. He thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else.

PF would possibly plead guilty to save himself from the needle. That's the one and only reason he would plead guilty.

JMO.
In any other state than CO, I'd agree about PF considering a plea vs the DP. I just don't see the State putting a needle in anyone. Too bad, I wish it was something PF needed to seriously consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike