Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the Crime Stoppers alert that was put out in 26 countries? I highly unusual thing for police to do.
I wonder if anything became of that, and what spurred them to do that in the first place. Very wide coverage for a Crime Stoppers alert.
Yes, I've always remembered that too, SA. Reminiscent of Maddie.

Wow , alert put out in 26 countries? That's interesting. What about the photo on the Indian Train that circulated years ago. If you google William Tyrrell and Indian Train you will find it.

Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real or not real (photoshopped)? Still think it's interesting.
Was certainly poignant at the time.

Lia Harris on Twitter

There is no case closer to my heart than the disappearance of William Tyrrell. It’s a huge privilege and responsibility to tell this harrowing story. I hope I can do it justice. Where’s William Tyrrell? Launches June 24. @10NewsFirst

Where's William Tyrrell?
I noticed a number of journos and others at the inquest writing their own transcripts and met someone who was writing a book about the case. There was a moment in the media room where the neighbor who was an ex SES was giving evidence about the initial search before police organised a search. He was asked if he knew PS and where he saw him that day, asked if he knew his wife, and he said that he did but she was deceased at the time WT went missing. Obviously he made a mistake but I was taken with how all the journos murmered when he said that and obviously from this thread I noted the mistake as well. It occurred to me how much digging around many of them had been doing and how many want to publish a book, podcast etc about this case. It would be interesting but they are kind of vultures as well. IMO

Lia Harris on Twitter

There is no case closer to my heart than the disappearance of William Tyrrell. It’s a huge privilege and responsibility to tell this harrowing story. I hope I can do it justice. Where’s William Tyrrell? Launches June 24. @10NewsFirst

Where's William Tyrrell?
Thanks for letting us know, sleep. I’ll look forward to listening to the podcast. It should be a good refresher of William’s case to date.

ok i'm finally caught up and a question I have seen raised multiple times is why can the fp not be named to protect the child but the bp can be named even though they have a child in their care. the simple answer is children in foster care are protected, as I'm sure we have all heard of a partner leaving an abusive spouse and that spouse tracks them down and murders them, the answer is the same for foster children not knowing who the foster parents are makes it a lot harder to find the child

ok i'm finally caught up and a question I have seen raised multiple times is why can the fp not be named to protect the child but the bp can be named even though they have a child in their care. the simple answer is children in foster care are protected, as I'm sure we have all heard of a partner leaving an abusive spouse and that spouse tracks them down and murders them, the answer is the same for foster children not knowing who the foster parents are makes it a lot harder to find the child
Another reason foster status is kept private is that apparently there is a stigma on foster children from which they need to be protected if possible.

Yes, I've always remembered that too, SA. Reminiscent of Maddie.

One thing that I noticed about Crime Stoppers, when I looked at their global website yesterday, is that 26 countries is their entire membership group.

This means that the alert for William (and for Maddie) went out as far and wide as it could.
What a terrible comparison duo for William to fall into, and the possible implications of that ... considering what is thought may have happened to Maddie.

I also noticed that Crime Stoppers International has a strategic alliance with Interpol, as well as a strategic alliance with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Also with police orgs such as our AFP, Canadian RCMP, South African SAPS ....

Uber has partnered up as well, and is training their drivers how to recognise, listen, and report criminal activity.
A video surveillance company has partnered up also.
Many organisations trying to help.

Crime Stoppers International | Home

Remember the Crime Stoppers alert that was put out in 26 countries? I highly unusual thing for police to do.
I wonder if anything became of that, and what spurred them to do that in the first place. Very wide coverage for a Crime Stoppers alert.
It's interesting because it seems to imply that police can't exclude William having been taken overseas.

It's interesting because it seems to imply that police can't exclude William having been taken overseas.

Yes. As far as we know, airport alerts were not put out for a while ... if ever.

The latest POI in the disappearance of Maddie is a (now imprisoned) child abuser who was working with the homeless at an evangelical church in Portugal when Maddie disappeared.
There is one POI (convicted child abuser and child *advertiser censored* user) who is known to have worked with church organisations - and children and refugees - and resided very close to William's FGM at the time he disappeared.

Who knows if there are international links between these kinds of pedos, perhaps on the dark web.
The pedo they are looking at for Maddie had an internet chat room.

Last edited:
I also noticed that Crime Stoppers International has a strategic alliance with Interpol, as well as a strategic alliance with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Also with police orgs such as our AFP, Canadian RCMP, South African SAPS ....

Uber has partnered up as well, and is training their drivers how to recognise, listen, and report criminal activity.
A video surveillance company has partnered up also.
Many organisations trying to help.

Crime Stoppers International | Home

THE search for missing toddler William Tyrell has gone global this week as agencies as far afield as Europe and the US appeal for information about the case.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

“Investigators have not drawn the conclusion that no relative or associate was involved in William’s disappearance,” Counsel assisting the inquest Gerard Craddock, SC, told the hearing.
‘Where’s the red?’: Mum’s frantic search

<modsnip: removing information that could ONLY be known by sleuthing family members>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a podcast by Lia Harris from 2015. 3 separate pods are on this link. The 1st contains info from the neighbours including the lady Marion who lived next door and Lydene and another couple of women from the Kendall area. Named in podcast

Something struck me listening to Lydene. She says there should have only been one child in the street at the particular time on a Friday and that child was her 3yo daughter! From memory Lydene also stated this at Inquest.

She had just returned from errands around 10.00-10.35 and she says that's the time William disappeared.

I immediately thought was she followed back from Kendall by a perp but they lucked out because her 3yo daughter was closeby to her and then the perp spotted William who they would have seen earlier and who was 3yo at the time? Lydene had dropped her older young children at school/kinder in Kendall. Were these places staked out previously?

Is it possible the people in the 2 cars were watching no. 9 from a distance? The 2 cars were parked between Mrs Sharpley's house and no 35. The Helsop/Sharpley's are next door neighbours.

Lydene lived at 9 Benaroon 1st on left opposite lawnmower man...1st house on right, who she waved at. He uses a ride on mower so more likely uses ear muffs or ear plugs. At exact time of abduction he may have been in another part of his property and may not see or hear a vehicle .
Little Boy Lost

Last edited:
Here is a podcast by Lia Harris from 2015. 3 separate pods are on this link. The 1st contains info from the neighbours including the lady Marion who lived next door and Lydene and another couple of women from the Kendall area. Named in podcast

Something struck me listeneng to Lydene. She says there should have only been one child in the street at the particular time on a Friday and that child was her 3yo daughter! From memory Lydene also stated this at Inquest.

She had just returned from errands around 10.00-10.35 and she says that's the time William disappeared.

I immediately thought was she followed back from Kendall by a perp but they lucked out because her 3yo daughter was closeby to her and then the perp spotted William who they would have seen earlier and who was 3yo at the time? Lydene had dropped her older young children at school/kinder in Kendall. Were these places staked out previously?

Is it possible the people in the 2 cars were watching no. 9 from a distance? The 2 cars were parked between Mrs Sharpley's house and no 35. The Helsop/Sharpley's are next door neighbours.

Lydene lived at 9 Benaroon 1st on left opposite lawnmower man...1st house on right, who she waved at. He uses a ride on mower so more likely uses ear muffs or ear plugs. At exact time of abduction he may have been in another part of his property and may not see or hear a vehicle .
Little Boy Lost
It's an interesting theory, although Heslops and Sharpleys are not next door neighbors. The Sharpleys was almost opposite the FCM's house, the other is the 1st house on the left entering the street. I just checked streetview, from where the cars were parked, the house you are referring to cannot be seen.
Google Maps!

Last edited:
It's an interesting theory, although Heslops and Sharpleys are not next door neighbors. The Sharpleys was almost opposite the FCM's house, the other is the 1st house on the left entering the street.

You are correct. However the Heslop/Sharpley's knew each other.

From the 2 car location there may not be a view direct to no.9 but the perps may have been in foot and in Ellendale.

I am curious to know how many people visited the cemetery using Benaroon/Ellendale and where they parked. The cemetery can be accessed at end if Ellendale.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts sleuthing family, circumventing WS filters, and psychic discussion are not allowed and have been removed.

It is exceptionally disappointing to see that these types of posts are by long time members of Websleuths who should know The Rules.

There will be no more leniency for long term WSers who make these types of posts. This is the final warning; ZERO TOLERANCE and a minimum 1 week thread reply ban or TO will be imposed.

You are correct. However the Heslop/Sharpley's knew each other.

From the 2 car location there may not be a view direct to no.9 but the perps may have been in foot and in Ellendale.

I am curious to know how many people visited the cemetery using Benaroon/Ellendale and where they parked. The cemetery can be accessed at end if Ellendale.
From a description of an Ellendale resident at the inquest, there is not a path from Ellendale to the cemetery however it is not difficult to walk through the trees at the end of that street to get into the cemetery.

From a description of an Ellendale resident at the inquest, there is not a path from Ellendale to the cemetery however it is not difficult to walk through the trees at the end of that street to get into the cemetery.

There is a clearly defined pathway to the cemetery from end of Ellendale

20190617_132209.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members