ú

Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Coldpizza, Sep 11, 2016.

1. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

It would be up to foster carers for sure to report anything happening like that, to their own worker at FACS, since that worker is familiar with the people and locations already. Their worker would need to be kept informed on all happenings, and that worker would then let whomever else needed to know within FACS and presumably also let the BPs' worker know so that he/she could let the BPs know as well. Police may end up also doing so, but I'm thinking it's probably more likely that after the FCs reported it to FACS, FACS would then contact police to get their detailed report.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM
    Jim_M, FromGermany and bearbear like this.
  2. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Thanks Warsh. Likely is the difference between being an employer who gives and pays leave, and a staffer who goes on leave or takes it.

Splitting hairs it is.
    Don't know why it was mentioned in the article. I guess Brenden Hills felt that he had a reason to mention it. Perhaps alluding to the stress of the situation, and needing to step away and take a deep breath.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 6:04 PM
  3. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

O/T There's also deemed leave. Somewhere I worked, we were told that if we had excessive leave time built up and the section wouldn't approve leave for operational reasons, we would be "deemed" to be on leave until the balance was suitably reduced and still required to attend for duty.

Jim_M and SouthAussie like this.
  4. purpleandgreen

purpleandgreen Well-Known Member

Sympathy? To get attention? IMO

Freddo Frog, Jim_M and SouthAussie like this.
  5. stormbird

stormbird Well-Known Member

@frogwell : At the inquest when FFC was talking about her drive, was she on the stand being questioned by Counsel Assisting, or do you mean the court was shown the walk-through video?

From what you remember, did anyone talk about the truck? Which way was it going? when? why? etc. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 2:19 AM
  6. SouthAussie

O/T too .... yes, also some of my clients more or less tell staff that they will be using accrued leave at certain times of year. Christmas closures, work slow down, etc.
    Allowing annual leave to build up leaves the company too exposed to leave liability $$$.

7. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

It was the being required to keep coming to work while on forced leave that was outrageous. However, that policy didn't last long.

8. frogwell

frogwell Well-Known Member

The FFC was on the stand being questioned. The FFC talked about pulling over to the side of the road to search, when a truck behind her acknowledged her as she assumed he was saying thank you for letting him pass her. I did not catch which direction it was travelling or what time this was etc.

sosocurious, JLZ, stormbird and 4 others like this.
  9. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

Pulled over to search, does that mean she got out of the car?

10. bearbear

bearbear Well-Known Member

maybe she just pulled over as a courtesy to the truck driver because she was driving slowly?

sosocurious, sleepinoz and JLZ like this.
  11. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

She said the driver thought that, but that that wasn't it, it was because she was looking for William. But when Frogwell (who was at the inquest) said "pulling over to the side of the road to search", I wondered if searching meant more than peering out of the car. If FFC got out of the car to search, that would have taken more time, and makes it more likely this happened after police arrival.

Another thought: do we know whether the truck driver was travelling towards or away from Benaroon Drive?

bearbear likes this.
  12. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

We know of a truck driver, who said, a car was parked and a large blonde woman stood outside the car and acted somehow suspiciously. Maybe, it was another truck driver.
    The official link is gone; I searched for it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 5:10 AM
  13. FromGermany

I wonder, where a RED dressed little boy should have been after the short time, he was allegedly unsupervised? He couldn't have gone a big distance and he couldn't have been in the mid of a brushwood area, IMO.

HayLouise and bearbear like this.
  14. Freddo Frog

Freddo Frog Well-Known Member

Thank you. Every time there is a new 'revelation' leads me to more questions that I sometimes struggle to articulate. Heaven forbid I even say it, but I am now starting to wonder if BS is no longer involved at all...

Warshawski, bearbear and Ms Cadfael like this.
  15. Thebottomline

Thebottomline Well-Known Member

I wonder about BS too, I guess he is still in the picture .

bearbear, FromGermany and sosocurious like this.
  16. stormbird

stormbird Well-Known Member

This might not be the link you were looking for, but it's got a truck driver talking about a woman in a Camry:

"Desperate search for missing boy," Ray Hadley Morning Show, 16 September 2014

The truck driver's call starts at 06:05. Before that it's Ray (the radio presenter) interviewing Superintendent Paul Fehon, who asks listeners to tell police about anyone who'd been visiting Kendall before 11am on the morning William went missing.

17. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

So this truck driver called Ray on the 16 September and the below article is on the 19 September and says he was pulled over at the road block.

Superintendent Paul Fehon said police were desperate for any leads and hoped someone might remember seeing something as they drove past Benaroon Drive last Friday.

One driver who was pulled over at the police road block on Friday told officers about a black Camry that a truck driver had noticed in the area several times last Friday.
    It is believed the information had already been canvassed by police and discounted.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...yrell-3-turns-up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html

stormbird, sleepinoz, JLZ and 5 others like this.
  18. SouthAussie

Was this the well-dressed man who was driving a black car, who was later discounted? At least I think he was driving a black car, can't find the link that I thought said what car he was driving.

"After William disappeared, there were also rumours that on the day he vanished a a well-dressed man called into a local store in Kew asking for directions to the street William went missing from."
    Is this William Tyrrell's abductors' escape route?

19. FromGermany

I remember the truck driver, telling someone at a service station. And no, I didn't search for the Morning Show recording, but for a newspaper article.

bearbear likes this.
  20. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Someone did ask for directions to Benaroon Drive. Wonder if it was a well dressed man ?

bringing over from post 461 # 40

Sgt Rowley
    He also asked every business if anyone had “shown interest” in Benaroon Drive, and identified someone at a local cafe who had asked for directions, the court heard. @10Daily @10NewsFirst

k-mac, stormbird, sleepinoz and 4 others like this.