Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forensic classes COULD be simple coincidence...

But this also could tie into IMO LE saying the motive in the last press conference: that they know it's all about power with the perp...

A perp who plans to commit the perfect heinous crime - to elude LE, & the manner in which he eludes them (which only LE knows) - the manner of death (which only LE knows), whatever it is he did to the girls (didn't LE say something to the effect that Abby & Libby would not spend eternity as he left them...?? ODD)

Sounds like a perp who might be into forensics himself - not just some 'opportunity strikes' type

Regardless of the forensics classes - IMO I do take 'power' to be the perps motive as per LE & their PC....maybe that is NOT what LE meant...but it was a pretty darn specific statement

These days, and learning about all the true crime podcasts (great for walking) and Bill Hader’s impression of Keith Morrison from Dateline- so funny, and shows there is a very interested world of people out there in true crime who would get his impression.

(Not to derail this thread too much with a different kind of forensics course that is going on in the media).

It could be BG understands that. His power, though, is a sickness.

My original theory he was some sort of unknown transient who stumbled across the girls and got very lucky has morphed over time.

So many ideas have been rehashed here but with every rehashing, I think there comes a new level of (at least) some better understanding, especially regarding the trail and access points. Thanks to all of the mappers.

Last edited:
I had a very long response to the SC list on the previous thread and it disappeared. Ugh! Im not retyping it.

Yes, LE can get some info from SC. I won’t summarize what you can get or when you have to get it by, but it’s in the SC LE guidelines. Yes, LG could’ve had her SC settings set to save to camera roll or memories and she could’ve saved conversations. Yes, there will be metadata - a record that a convo occurred or a pic sent, but not the actual convo or pic if opened and not saved. All of that is possible and would be wonderful if that is how things went down because LE would be able to see it.

But if the plan was to meet someone and you didn’t want anyone to know SC would be the ideal SM platform to use to do that. If there was no plan it’s the ideal system to stalk - virtually no conversation needed. All BG had to do was be added by LG or be around someone that was and he could see the snap of AW on the bridge and he’d know exactly where they were. There were quite a few people at the trail legitimately that day and maybe he claimed to be one of them.

LG had SC, Kik, FB, Instagram, it looks like maybe 3 twitter accounts (not very active or even active at all), and musically. All accounts that could’ve been monitored by BG. With the exception of Kik, my kiddo has all of these accounts (except musically is now tik tok). I have them too (except for Kik and musically/tik tok) and actually a couple more. So, this is not victim blaming.

No it's not new or different, the ISP time is old. BP only agreed they could go if they arranged a lift back because she told Libby she was busy and couldn't pick them up. Libby said my Dad will pick me up and BP said in the interview she knew he would and explained DG was on an errand for her so she left it up to Libby to arrange the pick up, which Libby did when she was in the car at the trail head. I think this is all in the one interview - probably the Grey Hughes one, perhaps someone else remembers it exactly, but that was how we got more exact times. At least it is a better source than an unauthorised blog that is now deleted. As to why ISP still has 1 p.m. IDK but take it as 1 p.m. if you would rather, I don't mind. It just goes to emphasize that LE info is not always accurate or even up to date. The sketch fiasco is a prime example. We just have to go with what we see and what we got and then our own take and interpretations. HTH.

Well that’s interesting because the article below from Apr 4/17 about access closure refers to the same location where the girls were dropped off, according to GH’s video of KG’s route. If they spent time parked there prior to leaving for their hike it sure wouldn’t be out of the question they might’ve been observed heading out to walk the trails alone.

“......Mears’ grandson and his family will be moving into the home his grandfather lived in for more than 50 years, and he expressed concerns about safety and people parking there at all hours, Corson and McCain said......

......His concern was there was activity there day and night, even when you wouldn’t think there should be,” McCain said...”
High Bridge access changes, parking will no longer be allowed off of 300 North

Last edited:
I had a very long response to the SC list on the previous thread and it disappeared. Ugh! Im not retyping it.

Yes, LE can get some info from SC. I won’t summarize what you can get or when you have to get it by, but it’s in the SC LE guidelines. Yes, LG could’ve had her SC settings set to save to camera roll or memories and she could’ve saved conversations. Yes, there will be metadata - a record that a convo occurred or a pic sent, but not the actual convo or pic if opened and not saved. All of that is possible and would be wonderful if that is how things went down because LE would be able to see it.

But if the plan was to meet someone and you didn’t want anyone to know SC would be the ideal SM platform to use to do that. If there was no plan it’s the ideal system to stalk - virtually no conversation needed. All BG had to do was be added by LG or be around someone that was and he could see the snap of AW on the bridge and he’d know exactly where they were. There were quite a few people at the trail legitimately that day and maybe he claimed to be one of them.

LG had SC, Kik, FB, Instagram, it looks like maybe 3 twitter accounts (not very active or even active at all), and musically. All accounts that could’ve been monitored by BG. With the exception of Kik, my kiddo has all of these accounts (except musically is now tik tok). I have them too (except for Kik and musically/tik tok) and actually a couple more. So, this is not victim blaming.

But... in the happenstance a person was viewing the Snapchat Libby posted during the window of it being available, there is a clear marker where she was. I get what you are saying though, thinking about how it could be tracked forensically if it is true Snapchat posts disappear forever. A good marketing strategy, but wonder.

Well that’s interesting because the article below from Apr 4/17 refers to the same location where the girls were dropped off, according to GH’s video of KG’s route. If they spent time parked there prior to leaving for their hike it sure wouldn’t be out of the question that they might’ve been observed walking the trails alone.

“......Mears’ grandson and his family will be moving into the home his grandfather lived in for more than 50 years, and he expressed concerns about safety and people parking there at all hours, Corson and McCain said......

......His concern was there was activity there day and night, even when you wouldn’t think there should be,” McCain said...”

Wonder what that activity was? and if it was known to LE? would think so right?

It’s information like that makes me sit up straight. Like when I learned the trail and bridge aren’t really that desolate and possibly other kids that day were there on the off school day. Just as a refresher, the school system had built in weather days, and since those days weren’t used, February 13, 2017 was added as a student holiday. Businesses were still on usual course, so it wasn’t a everyone’s off holiday like Memorial Day.

Well that’s interesting because the article below from Apr 4/17 refers to the same location where the girls were dropped off, according to GH’s video of KG’s route. If they spent time parked there prior to leaving for their hike it sure wouldn’t be out of the question they might’ve been observed heading out to walk the trails alone.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the chances are good that the girls were seen heading out to walk the trails alone. I'd say it's the most plausible explanation, IMO.

Considering if this is what happened, than why was BG there to begin with? Was he parked along 300 N already, or was he driving? Based on the location of that road in comparison to the other routes into town, I'd want to take a closer look at what reasons a person has to be on that road, parked, or driving. Because the only things putting someone on that road is: the trail, the storage place, the cemetery, or home and/or property nearby.

Unless BG was out there that day with the express purpose of attacking someone (which is always possible), than I think him being on that rural road is significant as far as who he is. JMO. I'm having a hard time making sense with my explanations today.

Last edited:

I’d think so but whatever type of activity, we don’t know however it sort of reminds me of a description of a young person’s hangout party spot....especially the reference to “night”.

Abby and Libby were in Middle School (gr 8 iirc), a no school day due to an unused snow day. KG wasn’t at school that day, I wonder if the HS was also closed.

I can change theories like the wind but I’m thinking the murderer might well be at the youngest end of the suggested possible age range. Especially if LE has reason to believe he sighted the girls at this trail access point, I can see why he had to have local knowledge. An outsider would never know it even exists IMO.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the chances are good that the girls were seen heading out to walk the trails alone. I'd say it's the most plausible explanation, IMO.

Considering this is what happened, than why was BG there to begin with? Was he parked along 300 N already, or was he driving? Based on the location of that road in comparison to the other routes into town, I'd want to take a closer look at what reasons a person has to be on that road, parked, or driving. Because the only things putting someone on that road is: the trail, the storage place, the cemetery, or home and/or property nearby.

Unless BG was out there that day with the express purpose of attacking someone (which is always possible), than I think him being on that rural road is significant as far as who he is. JMO. I'm having a hard time making sense with my explanations today.

I don’t know, but have rehashed it and rehashed it my mind. BG had to have some understanding he could commit this crime without being seen, and focused in on Abby and Libby when they arrived or soon after. He may have been out there focusing on them unseen from a vantage point unknown when they were dropped off, may have followed KG’s car seeing them in route, he may have tracked them through SnapChat, or any crossover with possibilities on how he first developed an interest in them.

Why he was there to begin with... the main question I have is was he already there scoping about, did he see them driving around along the route to the bridge, or did he know they would be there from social media/friends?

Surely the investigators have a lead on this, but not sure.

I’d think so but whatever type of activity, we don’t know however it sort of reminds me of a description of a young person’s hangout party spot....especially the reference to “night”.

Abby and Libby were in Middle School (gr 8 iirc), a no school day due to an unused snow day. KG wasn’t at school that day, I wonder if the HS was also closed.

I can change theories like the wind but I’m thinking the murderer might well be at the youngest end of the suggested possible age range. Especially if LE has reason to believe he sighted the girls at this trail access point, I can see why he had to have local knowledge. An outsider would never know it even exists IMO.
A party spot, or a place to meet your dealer. I've known parks to be both.

Does Snapchat have the ability to search by hashtag? Like #MononBridge (and do we know if Libby did #?) or search posts of who is in the area? I personally don't think the victims were pre-planned, but I do believe the murderer (my main suspect does or did then) had a Snapchat account and could have just been monitoring things virtually and physically looking for opportunity.

Considering if this is what happened, than why was BG there to begin with? Was he parked along 300 N already, or was he driving? Based on the location of that road in comparison to the other routes into town, I'd want to take a closer look at what reasons a person has to be on that road, parked, or driving. Because the only things putting someone on that road is: the trail, the storage place, the cemetery, or home and/or property nearby.

I like your train of thought on why someone would be there. But the list could be much bigger unfortunately. How about a utility worker, repairman, delivery driver...

I like your train of thought on why someone would be there. But the list could be much bigger unfortunately. How about a utility worker, repairman, delivery driver...
Very true. I have to admit, though, I don't think he was working at the time, or was in any kind of work truck. He wasn't in uniform, and I bet LE has checked all those kinds of companies who had people on that route that day. Jmo, which is probably way off. :)

Does Snapchat have the ability to hashtag? Like #MononBridge (and do we know if Libby did?) or search posts of who is in the area? I personally don't think the victims were pre-planned, but I do believe the murderer (my main suspect does or did then) had a Snapchat account and could have just been monitoring things virtually and physically looking for opportunity.

You can add hashtags, but they don’t work like they do in twitter/FB.

BBM - Hiding in plain sight.

A lot of people feel that LE was appealing to a family member that was covering for BG. If BG was a juvenile at the time chances are he’d be living at home with mom and/or dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500