Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
U of U student not heard from since Monday

“There's a lot our detectives are looking into, and they do this with every case — they look at what they can and go from there," said Det. Michael Ruff with Salt Lake City Police. "They are trying to retrace her steps. They are are trying to talk to people they can."

Police are not yet saying Mackenzie is endangered.

Anyone with information that may be helpful to the investigation can contact Salt Lake City Police at (801) 799-3000.

My partner pointed out that maybe she was weary of being dropped off at her house - not wanting the Lyft driver to know where she lives. So maybe she was dropped off a block or so away so it wouldn't be obvious where she lived? And something happened in between that walk and her walk home? This is something a few of my college friends do. But I am not sure if she would do something like that.

If she's that cautious, seems it would be safer to get dropped off at your home at that time of the morning rather than walking a few blocks with your bags.

If she's that cautious, seems it would be safer to get dropped off at your home at that time of the morning rather than walking a few blocks with your bags.

I remember reading somewhere that she didn't have luggage - so maybe she didn't check a bag? Seems weird to not have at least some luggage after a trip like that.

I am Kenzie's age and this just might be me personally but I would think I would be too exhausted to go see a romantic interest/partner after a trip like that. I would want to go home, get all my stuff put away, most likely shower, and go to bed. Especially since she has class and work typically. But this just might be me. If she was really interested in said person maybe that was enough to make it worth stopping at that person's place? I don't see her stopping by at someone's place at 1 a.m. that she barely knows however.
Yes that too. Flying always exhausts me and airports make me feel grimy. Nothing better than a shower and your own bed. I imagine she had an emotional week as well. With seeing her family, grandmas funeral. I’d totally just want to crash.

BBM:

Agreed that she was likely feeling emotional having been to her grandmother's funeral; sometimes, when people are feeling emotional, they want to reach out and connect with others for comfort.

Predators are good at recognizing vulnerability and exploiting it.
Not saying that's what's happened here, but it's certainly possible.

Looking at what little we do know, it does appear that ML did not provide her address as the destination to Lyft...if that's the case, then in all likelihood, she was in fact meeting up with someone.

If so: Who? Where? Why?

JMO.

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking is that walking around at 1 a.m. in SLC is probably more dangerous than just having them drop you off at your house. It also seems unlikely to me that she would take this precaution if she was taking a Lyft at 1 a.m. in the first place.

I'm still catching up. I live in SLC. I wonder where she was dropped off. Because SLC is not the city it use to be. Anywhere where there are apartments is not safe at 1am. I think LE is keeping wraps on the location because it is a big clue.

So does SLC PD have jurisdiction? They don't cover a huge area. Mostly downtown. The SL Valley is comprised if many cities who are mostly policed by Unified Pd. With a few cities that have their own Pd.

Eta: stupid autocorrect.

Last edited:
The parents of Mackenzie Lueck reported their daughter missing on Thursday afternoon, according to FOX 13. Lueck texted her parents about 1 a.m. Monday morning from the Salt Lake City International Airport to let them know she arrived from California.

Ashley Fine, a friend of Lueck’s, said she missed work at her job at a Millcreek medical lab and missed classes at the U., where she is studying kinesiology.

University of Utah student, 23, reported missing since Monday

We're getting somewhere now...
happy.gif

National Center For Missing and Endangered, Inc.

Missing Persons Cases Network

KDYL Radio Unica 1060 AM Salt Lake City, Utah

ETA: Mickey Van Deren on Twitter

I don't like where I see this case going. It's all in her Lyft destination and whoever it was there waiting for her.
This is where I'm at, too.

Again, the best case scenario I can see is that she met up with someone and they went off the grid together.

Best case scenario here isn't the likeliest scenario, though, unfortunately.

This is a frightening set of circumstances, any way you look at it.

JMO.

So her last known contact was 1am Monday.

This is missing over 5 days then considering it is now almost Saturday.

Not good.

Obviously the best case scenario here is a voluntary disappearance; I’m not sure that’s the most likely situation here, jmo.

Last edited:
This is where I'm at, too.

Again, the best case scenario I can see is that she met up with someone and they went off the grid together.

Best case scenario here isn't the likeliest scenario, though, unfortunately.

This is a frightening set of circumstances, any way you look at it.

JMO.

(I just said almost the exact same thing. Jinx.)

Fantastic to see the activity and interest levels picking up here...the more exposure this case can get, the better.

It all started with John Franchi's tweets, though...I'm giving him full credit him for being the reporter who took the initiative and got the MSM wheels really turning.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member