Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the NSL address - I do not believe Kenzie would meet up with someone she DOESN'T know or trust at that hour of the evening. If she trusted a person enough, I believe it would not be out of character for her to meet up with somebody. She still is in college and to my friends of that age 1 a.m. really isn't that late. So my thought is she went to this address to meet up with somebody she knows and trusts. But beyond that, I think things went wrong and her disappearance is not something I think she would voluntarily do.
RSBM

Thank you Yellowmoose, this is where my thoughts go too as to what happened. Hopefully the phone records, when they get them, will shed a lot more light on her plans for that night. While LE knows her lyft destination, it could be that it was an apartment complex (not knowing which particular unit) or other non-specific drop-off point. Or of course they may already know exactly who the person was that she was meeting, but either way, those phone records are essential I'm thinking.

Do we know for certain that the Lyft driver is confirmed to not be involved? I say this because of a previous case in Charlottesville, VA: Morgan Harrington. She was picked up by a taxi driver, and it turns out he murdered her. He wasn’t caught until he assaulted/murdered another young lady. I’m sorry, but I can’t remember exact details. I’m familiar with where Harrington was and didn’t live all that far away. It haunted me until they found her. I’m just catching up, so sorry if this has been mentioned already.

And we have been warned by admin to not discuss this topic. There is no proof of a connection at this time.

I was replying to something a verified friend of hers stated, therefore, I believe I am within the rules of WS. I also have never once stated that there is proof that ML is connected to this topic.

Do we know for certain that the Lyft driver is confirmed to not be involved? I say this because of a previous case in Charlottesville, VA: Morgan Harrington. She was picked up by a taxi driver, and it turns out he murdered her. He wasn’t caught until he assaulted/murdered another young lady. I’m sorry, but I can’t remember exact details. I’m familiar with where Harrington was and didn’t live all that far away. It haunted me until they found her. I’m just catching up, so sorry if this has been mentioned already.

We do not know for certain, no.

Good morning everyone - verified friend back again!

The sugar daddy/sugar baby thing has come up on a variety of other sites and social media. Yes, Kenzie herself confirmed she had some interest in this lifestyle in a social media post a few months back. Prior to her comments about it, I did not know about it. Kenzie is fairly open about things (as you can see with her insta account and bio). Her sexual lifestyle and choices are not things I will comment on because I don't feel it's appropriate and her family could be reading this thread. Even if these people she is with are somehow connected or involved, Kenzie should not be shamed or judged for this behavior. Kenzie didn't go to great lengths to hide her private instagram account as it was linked to her public instagram account so I wouldn't be surprised if her family knew about it. Regardless, I don't know what her preferences in men have to do with this case at this time. We still don't have enough information where LE has even declared that there is FP. So I am hesitant to start pointing fingers at the SD/SB (sugar daddy/sugar baby) community or anyone else at this time. I am sure LE has this information and is looking at this angle if there is anything to be looked at.

Now the NSL address - I do not believe Kenzie would meet up with someone she DOESN'T know or trust at that hour of the evening. If she trusted a person enough, I believe it would not be out of character for her to meet up with somebody. She still is in college and to my friends of that age 1 a.m. really isn't that late. So my thought is she went to this address to meet up with somebody she knows and trusts. But beyond that, I think things went wrong and her disappearance is not something I think she would voluntarily do.

I am doubting she was very promiscuous and she probably just likes tv shows, movies, and books a lot of people enjoy reading or watching shows about certain lifestyles but doesn't really participate in that. I looked at her Social Media shared on this thread and she just appears like a nice girl that is looking for a family, is pro life and wants children, and loves giraffes. She clearly has life goals and makes decisions accordingly. It is easy to like her and relate to her from the social media shared.

I'll bet they get the warrant. She was just reported missing on Thursday and they have had much to investigate/confirm over the past several days.
  • She hasn't returned to her home.
  • Her phone is off.
  • No family or friends have heard from her.
  • Her luggage has not been located.
  • She hasn't shown up for work.
  • She missed her midterm exams.
  • Her social media has been inactive.
  • Her bank account has been inactive.
  • She missed a flight back to CA and a friend's wedding.
  • Her friends don't know anyone she knows in North Salt Lake.
  • Her vehicle is at her home and has not been moved.
  • She made no arrangements for the care of her cat.
I wonder if she had her own cell plan? If she was on a family plan, the account owner may be able to log in and view her text and call history (the numbers) together with the times. I can do this on verizon. That would be the first thing I would do IMO. I do hope they get the warrants because that would lead to location of the phone and may be helpful in finding her.

I don't understand where this idea of a "sugar lifestyle" is coming from. I've seen her FB and IG pages (and the second IG page), and there's no indication of that. If you're referencing the "Call Her Daddy" podcast, that's not a "sugar lifestyle" podcast. That's about women taking control of their sexuality and relationships. She had a typical student job and her parents live in an upper-middle class neighborhood. The pics on her IG page are nothing different or more shocking (and quite a bit less so) than on girls' IG that my sons follow. I also don't think it's particularly odd for a young woman to go to a guy's place at 1:00 AM. It wasn't called a "booty call" in my day, but it doesn't mean we didn't do it! What happened AFTER she got to her location is what we don't know and LE isn't saying.

Ha, ha, seems like something people IN COLLEGE would do! My son lost his on-campus job last year because he lost his Federal Work Study and he had a hard time finding another campus job and even considered being a nude model at an art school (until I told him dudes would probably be in the class, too). College students will take any job that pays and is close to campus and has hours they can fit with their school schedules.

I agree. It's also important I think to remember that she's a nursing student. I would expect her to work in plasma centers, needle clinics, free clinics because that's where these students get to work with "patients" and gain experience.

I wonder if she had her own cell plan? If she was on a family plan, the account owner may be able to log in and view her text and call history (the numbers) together with the times. I can do this on verizon. That would be the first thing I would do IMO. I do hope they get the warrants because that would lead to location of the phone and may be helpful in finding her.

Maybe that's what her father did when he stated she'd started texting someone new about a month ago.

I don't understand where this idea of a "sugar lifestyle" is coming from. I've seen her FB and IG pages (and the second IG page), and there's no indication of that. If you're referencing the "Call Her Daddy" podcast, that's not a "sugar lifestyle" podcast. That's about women taking control of their sexuality and relationships. She had a typical student job and her parents live in an upper-middle class neighborhood. The pics on her IG page are nothing different or more shocking (and quite a bit less so) than on girls' IG that my sons follow. I also don't think it's particularly odd for a young woman to go to a guy's place at 1:00 AM. It wasn't called a "booty call" in my day, but it doesn't mean we didn't do it! What happened AFTER she got to her location is what we don't know and LE isn't saying.

I'm leaning towards thinking the same. I couldn't find any posts relating to that subject, although I may not have been as thorough as some.

I agree, 1 a.m is typical for college students to be out and about.

Thank you.

Further, could the Lyft driver have nefariously contacted someone waiting to meet ML and that person disappeared her? Just trying to brainstorm.

I am leaning away from the Lyft driver largely because the company confirmed that the driver immediately continued picking up rides after she was dropped off. That would make a tight timeline for the driver to have personally done something to ML. The possibility of a third party being involved does exist. But to my mind it seems more likely that whatever happened took place at her destination with the person or persons she was meeting there.

It’s hard. There’s just so much we don’t know.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member