Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,
Yes, Mackenzie has the hashtag #callherdaddy on her Insta6and Facebook.
Yes, the hashtag leads to places that discuss Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies.
This is not that uncommon nor is it shocking.
Please keep in mind that just because Kenzie had this hashtag does not mean she had a sugar daddy or was looking for one. Please, dial back the constant sugar daddy comments. There are many other aspects in this case to discuss. We don't want the surgar daddy rumor to start being stated as fact.

Kenzie's friends and family read here. Please, let's not assume something is a fact just because of a hashtag.

I am on the road but will be checking my phone.

Thank you,
Tricia

Ominous....
So: is the 'Sugar Daddy' app angle appropriate to discuss - ? I did not see it mentioned as a no-no at the beginning of thread...?

Think can clearly say this person(s) she met up with were not comfortable picking her up at the airport - stands to reason that they did not wish to be seen picking her up, high security area, surveillance, etc.

Also clear this isn't anyone whom Kenzie would be comfortable enough with to invite to her apartment/home....

Makes me wonder if she did participate in the 'sugar daddy' app (right term?) whomever it is she met up that night was someone she's met with before - because I just don't see a young woman hooking up with someone in a park at 1.30-2 at night with zero prior experience with this person.....

It's certainly all bizarre - and I don't think this will turn out well :(
Sure hope I'm wrong
JMO
OK - was posting - then saw Tricia's post: so it is ok, then....
Have to say that, right now, I cannot think of who she would be comfortable enough to 'hook up' with, but no comfortable enough to simply have them to her home.....it's this gray area: seems like the 'sugar daddy' thing makes the most sense at this point. IMO

I don't believe there are cameras, unfortunately. There are actually two parking lots, this one I took those pictures in, which is on the south side of the park. There is another smaller parking lot on the northeast side as well. I'd be curious to know which lot she was dropped off at. I honestly take my dog there all the time, all times of the day, and it's just a very quiet nice park. Whenever I go there after dark to walk my dog around the little walking track they have, quite a few times I'll see police pulling in there to monitor it.

Thank you @sweetcandyapple for doing that!

Speaking of the whole burner phone thing, I am a bit older than KL and I know a few people who did the SD/SB thing in college. They definitely had burners because they wanted separation between their real life and their SB life/didn't want whoever is paying their phone bill to find out about it. FWIW I'm in my mid 20's and am on my uncle's phone plan to save some money - theoretically if he wanted to he could find out where I go all the time if the tracking feature on our plan was turned on (it isn't). I wonder if KL had a second phone.
I think it's totally possible she had a second phone for privacy sake, to keep aspects of life separate. Sigh. That complicates things doesn't it.

jmo

New article. What’s frustrating is that the key to figuring out what happened, lies with her phone and social media accounts.

But the law doesn’t allow them to just pull these records, so they’ll have to wait until the circumstances allow them to get a judge’s approval.

Privacy and all.

Detectives revisit location where MacKenzie Lueck was last seen; hampered in searching phone and social media records

“Since she’s an adult and there’s no evidence of foul play, detectives are limited in what and where they can search -- in particular things like phone records, social media accounts and bank records.

"Initially we were limited, again as time goes on it's going to open some of those avenues up to more investigative tools, the longer she's missing the more opportunity we have to look into those sort of things," Sgt. Brandon Shearer with the Salt Lake City Police Department said. "But in an initial missing persons investigation, those are things that can slow down or hamper an investigation if we don't have any other information.”"

Every single person that goes missing in my counrty Scotland is in the news asking for help cctv etc dont understand silence.
LE might have asked surrounding places for video without having it public. They do still go door-to-door in person. :) That's my hope and assumption, anyway.

Since the park seems to be so close to the highway, I'm hoping the Dept of Transportation might have have some video, especially since LE knows the general time to look at. How many cars would be on the road at that time?

jmo

I want to clear something up for you guys because I don't think it's been brought up yet.... "Callherdaddy" is a podcast by Barstool Sports. It's two women that joke and talk about current events and... well other things. It's just a funny podcast. My friends and I all listen to this podcast, it's just two gals with a good sense of humor. I would not let this lead anyone to think she is a SB, the podcast has nothing to do with SB/SD

If @sweetcandyapple lives across the street, and if this is the location, then why hadn’t anyone knocked on his/her door to see if they have a doorbell cam or home surveillance or saw anything??

There isn't really any houses all that close that would have a doorbell camera. It's on the corner of an intersection. Directly across the street is an apartment complex, but it's a ways away and I don't believe they have cameras, and if they did I think they would be monitoring their own lots, and not the lot of the park across the wide street. There isn't houses facing that direction anyway. They did knock on some doors, and were out talking to people that were at the park, but I don't think they think she stuck around there a anyway IMO.

Ominous....
So: is the 'Sugar Daddy' app angle appropriate to discuss - ? I did not see it mentioned as a no-no at the beginning of thread...?

Think can clearly say this person(s) she met up with were not comfortable picking her up at the airport - stands to reason that they did not wish to be seen picking her up, high security area, surveillance, etc.

Also clear this isn't anyone whom Kenzie would be comfortable enough with to invite to her apartment/home....

Makes me wonder if she did participate in the 'sugar daddy' app (right term?) whomever it is she met up that night was someone she's met with before - because I just don't see a young woman hooking up with someone in a park at 1.30-2 at night with zero prior experience with this person.....

It's certainly all bizarre - and I don't think this will turn out well :(
Sure hope I'm wrong
JMO
OK - was posting - then saw Tricia's post: so it is ok, then....
Have to say that, right now, I cannot think of who she would be comfortable enough to 'hook up' with, but no comfortable enough to simply have them to her home.....it's this gray area: seems like the 'sugar daddy' thing makes the most sense at this point. IMO
Yes, my first thought was that "he" didn't want to pick her up from the airport either out of laziness/inconsideration or because he didn't want to be caught on camera.

A third possibility has come to me, given the meeting location right off the highway. Perhaps he lives quite a distance out, and their meeting location was half-way. Maybe they met there to save travel time for him (which brings me back to thinking he's a cad, fwiw).

So, maybe they headed to the highway and continued further out from SLC??

Maybe highway cameras will be useful??

jmo

Going with the theory that she met someone who was in a car, I think it's a huge clue that the person she met didn't pick her up from the airport. Who wouldn't do that? A cad and/or someone who didn't want to be on camera at the airport (which is full of cameras).

It was essentially the middle of the night - pick her up from the airport! Unless, you don't care about her or had specific plans to avoid doing that....which seems to be the case.

It's further a clue that the destination seems to be a park. It could've easily been a parking lot at a business or an all-hours place....but those types of places have cameras and often bright lighting.

This is not good, imo. I wish we knew what the Lyft driver had to say.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more

Someone who was married, someone of import/well known or as you say a total cad. Someone who had bad motives. Someone she met on the plane who again was married or someone of import who gave her a meeting place.

I have trouble with imagining someone giving or entering the location of a park for a Lyft ride in the wee hours in the morning--knowing the address or using it as a destination. I know she could have said just drop me here, you don't need to go any further but it was stated that she was dropped off a the destination she entered.

While I guess she could have crossed a two lane divided street towards the apartments or through the park to a home, it seems more likely it was a prearranged meeting or pickup place with someone in another vehicle. The Lyft driver had to wonder if she was safe or saw her possibly get into another vehicle and depart even?

While Tinder and all sorts of apps may be cooperative with LE, she is still an adult and I still think it would take a warrant. If she willingly entered a park destination and was seen freely entering a vehicle, it would make foul play hard to prove--other than perhaps the length of time missing, no contact, etc.

Frustrating.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members