Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I'm questioning if this was a SD she met. A "real" SD wouldn't want to meet in such an uncomfortable place as a parking lot in the middle of the night, imo. That's not fun, not fancy, not sugary, not sexy, not exciting, not pampering.

The location's benefit simply seems to be that is close to a highway exit/entrance ramp and likely no cameras.

I think the person she met might have been posing as a SD-type but wasn't really.

And I keep thinking, who is awake and ready to meet at 2:50am?! Musician or performer? Bartender? Someone without a job? Someone on drugs? Seriously question.

jmo
Actually they may. A married SD. A potential scenario could be a payout breakup because the wife is suspicious. A girl may realize the guy is married and her conscience may have her tell the guy she is going to tell his wife,etc. This is unlikely but the whole situation is unlikely.

Why did she wait so long to text her mom I wonder...
Yes! This!
And, I apologize if this has been mentioned, but at what point did her roommates start to worry? Had she initially planned to go straight home from the airport? Did she tell her roommates that her plans changed and she was meeting up with someone? Or was the meet up part of the plan all along and her roommates were not expecting her home that night?

Totally agree with you (your daughter). Some women like to feel empowered and not all of the dudes are creeps. We don’t all have to understand it or like it but it works for some people and some gals love the money, attention and power that come with it.

I don't get why women need to feel empowered these days. And I'm a woman. I don't feel put down or less powerful. I need a young person to help me understand the female mind I guess. I'm serious, I'm not trying to be argumentative...I'm just trying to understand.

Retired chief: Given known facts, missing student investigation should be "scorched earth"

SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) — After landing in Salt Lake City Monday morning, 23-year-old MacKenzie Lueck didn't go home.

She didn't make it to her mid-term exam at the University of Utah.

She hasn't contacted any known friends or family. And she didn't board her Sunday return flight to California.

[...]

Bertram, who had a 25-year career in law enforcement, including seven years as the Unified Police chief in Holladay, said investigators should have knocked on a lot of doors and used court orders to get phone and bank data on Lueck.

Salt Lake Police declined requests for in-person interviews over the weekend, telling 2News that there is no specific evidence that Lueck has been harmed or is in danger. They said her rights to privacy must be weighed against interests in her safety.

They say detectives were working through the weekend, including assessing options for search warrants.

Bertram says if were he in their shoes, he'd play his cards close to the vest.

I don't get why women need to feel empowered these days. And I'm a woman. I don't feel put down or less powerful. I need a young person to help me understand the female mind I guess. I'm serious, I'm not trying to be argumentative...I'm just trying to understand.
It’s not about how you feel, it’s about respecting that all people, men and women, can make whatever choices they want. They can freely express their wants and desires, can interact with other consenting adults, and there is no one set way a woman feels anything. If you feel empowered by item A, and I feel empowered by item B, so what? We’re individuals.

Salt Lake City police say missing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck met someone at a North Salt Lake park

Doubt gave this timeline of Lueck’s activities on June 17: Her plane from California landed at 1:35 a.m. She texted her mother at 2:01 a.m. She caught a Lyft at 2:42 a.m., riding to Hatch Park, arriving at 2:59 a.m. There she met someone in a vehicle.

Lueck did not appear to be in distress, the Lyft driver told police, and the Lyft driver went on to pick up other passengers. Doubt said police need to confirm the make and model of the vehicle, and a description of the person Lueck met, before releasing those details. Police are looking at surveillance footage around Hatch Park, Doubt said, adding that there were no cameras inside the park.

Yes! This!
And, I apologize if this has been mentioned, but at what point did her roommates start to worry? Had she initially planned to go straight home from the airport? Did she tell her roommates that her plans changed and she was meeting up with someone? Or was the meet up part of the plan all along and her roommates were not expecting her home that night?

I have a college-age son (friends with one of Kenzie's younger brothers), and he never knows what his roommates are doing. They're all guys, so maybe that makes a difference, but I'll ask him if so-and-so is back from Xmas break yet and he won't know and won't know when the guy is coming back.

SBM

I don't see it that way at all, IMO.

Not everyone reacts to stress , pain, or death needing hugs and snuggles.

A popular song by Peaches comes to mind. Wait, maybe you shouldn't google those lyrics. :D

MOO
I agree. Some people are just more introverted and prefer to process their grief alone. (I am one of them.)
Other people could become despondent and act irrationally, especially if they are already dealing with too many types of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member