Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO - in my younger days I used to meet my secret boyfriend in park and ride lots, parks, etc. it was fun and exciting. This is before social media and even cell phones were a thing. I think it is highly possible she was very enthusiastic about meeting this person. It is possible that something unintentionally happened during the meet-up that could have caused her to be incapacitated. If this person was married or a professional with a career at risk, etc. they may be reluctant to come forward. Or, maybe the meet-up person went their own way after their get together and something completely unrelated befell her. I wonder if LE can look at her Lyft history to see if there is a pattern to her drop-off locations. - JMO

The pregnancy angle is interesting. Hoping they check her debit/crefit card for purchases over the past several months.

Wasn’t a possible pregnancy one component in the Heather Elvis case? It’s been so long I can’t recall. But this case kind of reminds me of hers with the late night meet up in an isolated location. For all we know a guy she really liked and had no reason to suspect would hurt her was in that car with a crazy wife hiding in the back seat.

Another option is the old “cell tower dump.”

They know this person picked her up from that particular location, and the timing of that is beneficial (3 am).

They can request information on all the phones that were in the area, at that specific time.

There’s a lot of variables with that, but it’s paid dividends before.
Man, I would love for this to happen.

Yes, it’s linked in the first post of this thread.
I’m amazed at the lightening speed you posted the new media thread - I wasn’t finished earlier and was worried sleuthers would be disappointed but I lucked out with the thread closing timing - thank you for your work on her forum and I’m hoping for a good outcome.

Wasn’t a possible pregnancy one component in the Heather Elvis case? It’s been so long I can’t recall. But this case kind of reminds me of hers with the late night meet up in an isolated location. For all we know a guy she really liked and had no reason to suspect would hurt her was in that car with a crazy wife hiding in the back seat.

Yes it was. This case does seem to have some parallels with the HE case. Let's hope this one has a better outcome.

I’m amazed at the lightening speed you posted the new media thread - I wasn’t finished earlier and was worried sleuthers would be disappointed but I lucked out with the thread closing timing - thank you for your work on her forum and I’m hoping for a good outcome.

Thank you for putting that thread together. I had just been thinking about asking one of you to start a media thread and then I saw your post. :)

I wonder if she is the one who wanted to meet someone, and be picked up at the Park ?.....moo

On FB, Kenzie lists her employer as Grifols, which is a well known plasma donation company, who primarily manufacture medications derived from plasma.
I found two Grifols locations in SLCity: Upton St; and Biomat / on north Temple.
I think her LinkedIn is more current. It shows that she worked for Grifols from Aug 2017 - Jul 2018.

Her current employer is PRA Health Sciences, a lab in Millcreek, UT.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kenzie-lueck-803818a3/

Also see: MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Kenzie Lueck is studying nursing and health education and promotion with an emphasis in emergency medicine management, according to her Linkedin profile.While in college, Lueck has worked at Grifols, a plasma donation center, and at PRA Health Sciences, a a lab in Millcreek, Utah, according to her Linkedin profile.

She has worked at PRA Health Sciences as a lab associate since August 2018. At Grifols, she has worked as a plasma processor, phlebotomist and donor center technician.

According to SLCPD, ML arrived at the park, the Lyft driver saw her make contact with someone, and she was not in distress. We do not if the person she met at the park drop off was male or female OR the make and model of that person’s vehicle.

These are some ideas/possibilities for the TYPE of mystery person she could have met... all aligning with my theory (and many of yours as well) that she only arrived at the park willingly, but there is certainly reason to be concerned that she was (is) in danger after (since) her arrival.

Who could she have met at the park?

1. Ex-boyfriend who she still trusts, needed someone to talk to while grieving, he wanted more
2. Jealous (former or current) girlfriend/spouse of current/former interest - lured her to park somehow... been posing as her friend or said she wanted to talk?
3. Female friend with some jealousy issues that ML was unaware of
4. Male friend who wants more than friendship
5. A new “secret” relationship that she was embarrassed to tell friends about (male - could be married or living a lifestyle her family & friends wouldn’t approve of... OR female - could be romantic... or could be someone that she met thru one of her group chats that she built trust with, but they were really trying to lure her into something more sinister)
6. Someone (male or female) she had something urgent to discuss, give, get, etc. - given the late hour and upcoming midterms

What are your ideas? Who else could she have met?

I haven't ruled out the possibility of a woman being the person she was meeting. Not for a romantic reason, but a "wolf in sheep's clothing" kind of meeting. Something along the lines of Heather Elvis or Michelle Le. A jealous "friend" or some other connection is a possibility.

I think a possible pregnancy has been a component in many cases and is for SURE a motive. One I can remember is Susan Smith. She was working as an informant with the FBI and an agent got her pregnant and then strangled her (1990). He had a wife who was none the wiser till he confessed. **IIRC**

MOO

My thoughts are going toward someone who had some type of control over her (abusive relationship or otherwise). Here is why I think that:

1. She had to be tired after just losing her grandma that she loved and attending the funeral. Her post speaks to loving her grandma and she cared enough to attend the funeral right before exams. It had to be emotionally draining due to her loss.

2. She took a very late flight and only had her luggage. For a funeral, she likely packed minimally. Her packed clothes would likely be dirty on the return flight (not ideal for a date type meeting).

3. The person had her take a Lyft ride to an isolated location (for that time of night) at an unreasonable hour (after all she had been through - funeral, late flight).

4. None of her friends knew who it was. Her friends obviously love her. If this was a special friend that she could not wait to see even though she was tired and it was late, chances are that her friends would have heard about the meeting and/or the person.

5. She had exams coming up and, with the death of her grandma, likely had not studied or prepared so she would need rest/time.

With the funeral, the dirty clothes, the late flight and the strange location, this meeting seems like someone required it rather than a voluntary date type meeting. I agree that she knew the person because she went at that hour but I just cannot see it as a truly voluntary meeting when all the circumstances are considered.

This is my opinion only but I wonder if there was someone controlling or threatening her that she had to appease by meeting them under those circumstances.

No matter what the situation, my prayers are with her dear family and friends. They just lost her grandmother and now she is missing. I cannot imagine their worry and grief. My heart goes out to them.

I am not a criminal attorney so please do not throw those questions my way.
Well thought out post IMO and after speaking with several college age young women this is not out of the norm to meet someone in the middle of the night but it’s usually at their request and not necessarily the young woman’s choice based on my small survey - so your observations are spot on JMO

Here are my takeaways:

1. ML knows the person she met at the park and willing went with them. So it is not a stranger abuduction.

2. She had made calls/texts/whatever with that person multiple times in the 12-24 hours before she went missing.

3. The key is getting access to those (and all) phone records.
If there is nothing on her phone other than calls to Mom & Dad, then we know there was another phone, possibly a burner phone being used. At that point I think it's time for LE to step in and get some more info about her contact out there in the general public.

I think a possible pregnancy has been a component in many cases and is for SURE a motive. One I can remember is Susan Smith. She was working as an informant with the FBI and an agent got her pregnant and then strangled her (1990). He had a wife who was none the wiser till he confessed. **IIRC**

MOO

Yeah, he got off light and is now a free man.

You’re right, it’s been a motive in countless cases. It’s certainly possible that it happened here, although it’s not high on my list.

Did LE confirm that they’ve got a warrant for her phone records? I think they are trying. Also, did she have her computer with her? Do we know? Even if the connection she had to the person she met was a secret from her family and friends, there has to be some trace of it somewhere.

I’ve been thinking about Anne Marie Fahey. Her family had no idea she was in a secret relationship with a married, prominent man for two years prior to her disappearance. They eventually found a diary (it was the olden days).

The phone/computer is the diary now. Without the actual machines, they might not get everything. But phone records and hopefully access to her cloud will tell a lot. Yeesh. Hurry up!

Jmo.

Heidi Hatch on Twitter
If you have seen Mackenzie Lueck, or have any knowledge or information of her whereabouts since Monday, June 17, please contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at (801) 799-3000
D94GaDgU0AEbvj9.jpg
D94GaDgUwAEKNI0.jpg
D94GaDiU8AAQa0e.jpg
D94GaDgVAAA7DG0.jpg

9:21 PM - 24 Jun 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors