Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure they do, but their hands have been tied thus far in regards to getting search warrants.

They likely know where to look, but simply cannot at this point.
So if they know where to look, and find something that shows she is on certain apps or what not (accounts with pics etc) is that enough
Great point, although I believe he lived out of Lyft territory. $40+

The controlling older guy playing games is also a viable theory.
Wait......LYFT has a “territory” or mileage rule? I must have missed that. It definitely makes the theory of her being farther away more credible. What’s the cut-off, and how much is it per mile?? I am very interested if anyone knows! TIA

I keep going back to the park drop off and pick up. It makes total sense that the person who picked her up, especially if he/she had foul play on their mind to want to have ML be dropped off at a place that is not tied to him, or near him. What doesn't add up, is why not have her get dropped off at the apartments across the street, or a 24 hour Walgreens, 24 hour fast food. Meaning somewhere she can get out of the Lyft and walk into somewhere public. Why go through the trouble of having her dropped at a park where the Lyft driver could see your vehicle?? And where were they going to go together? The park does not seem like a place to hook up, too public. Were they just going to drive around? If so, why not just pick her up at the airport...If she was reaching out because she was stressed/grieving and the other person wanted to help her destress why not get her a hotel room (thinking not take her home because the person is married or whatever), she could have taken the Lyft to the hotel. The park just makes no sense.

I think it’s a place they met at before, jmo

One thing about the location drop-off choice in this case: Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City, UT.

This is just a theory, but if you are meeting someone that you know at a park at 3 am, I think it would be because you are unsure of the right address, but have a general idea of where that person lives. So maybe the person on the phone says they live behind Hatch Park or something like that and offers to meet them at the park and take them the rest of the way. Or they live in a gated community or complex nearby.

So I would theorize that the location she ultimately went to was very close to Hatch Park, but complex in terms how someone would describe getting there at 3 am in the morning. Hopefully she is found safe. Whoever she went with must have been very confident she did not tell anyone else where she was going. It will be interesting to see how this missing persons case turns out.

So if they know where to look, and find something that shows she is on certain apps or what not (accounts with pics etc) is that enough

Wait......LYFT has a “territory” or mileage rule? I must have missed that. It definitely makes the theory of her being farther away more credible. What’s the cut-off, and how much is it per mile?? I am very interested if anyone knows! TIA

I don’t think they have a set boundary, but it gets expensive going long distances. All they wanted was a clandestine meet up. Also neighbors would maybe notice an Uber rather that just his car going into the garage.

I keep going back to the park drop off and pick up. It makes total sense that the person who picked her up, especially if he/she had foul play on their mind to want to have ML be dropped off at a place that is not tied to him, or near him. What doesn't add up, is why not have her get dropped off at the apartments across the street, or a 24 hour Walgreens, 24 hour fast food. Meaning somewhere she can get out of the Lyft and walk into somewhere public. Why go through the trouble of having her dropped at a park where the Lyft driver could see your vehicle?? And where were they going to go together? The park does not seem like a place to hook up, too public. Were they just going to drive around? If so, why not just pick her up at the airport...If she was reaching out because she was stressed/grieving and the other person wanted to help her destress why not get her a hotel room (thinking not take her home because the person is married or whatever), she could have taken the Lyft to the hotel. The park just makes no sense.

This is interesting. Why would they meet where they knew there would be a witness and witness account, as in the Lyft driver? Unless they didn't know she was taking Lyft. Either not thought through enough or something unexpected.? Seems to me that points away from intent. Imo.

I've been wondering about that too. She also spent a few days with family for a funeral and I imagine there wasn't much time or interest in studying for an exam during that time. Our VI tells us her coursework was difficult. For these reasons, yesterday I was thinking perhaps the stress was weighing heavy, she felt unprepared, and she just wanted to get away to re-group.

But, now knowing the location of the her Lyft destination, I don't think so. I think she met someone there for a date/hook-up and it went bad, with the exam details now inconsequential.

Perhaps the upcoming exam is a hint that the date was intended to be short. OR, the person she was meeting offered her a place to sleep for the night so at least she'd get some rest? IDK.

jmopinion
Maybe the person she met is a fellow student and they planned to burn the midnight oil, so to speak, and cram for the exam? Or so he told her?

The problem I have with the voluntarily missing scenario is that even if she just needed to get away, I don't think she'd want to worry her family, particularly so soon after the death of her grandmother. Didn't she text her mom right after the plane landed to let her know she was OK?

Is there any chance of any of the following: **PURE SPECULATION MOO**

ML found out she was pregnant and told the guy while she was in CA and they met up to talk about it and things went very poorly?

OR

ML was feeling unnoticed or not important or not cared about and decided to disappear for a day or two to get people to worry and give her some attention, and nobody reported her missing for what? 4 days? Which didn’t help matters since nobody noticed she was gone, so now she just hiding out like eff you all?

OR

She meant to just hide out with a guy for a bit and she didn’t expect anyone to care. But now that everyone is looking at her and her personal life is being dissected she is just too embarrassed to come back?

These are all just speculative questions and are not facts or even rumors, just ideas.
I'm thinking along similar lines as you.

When my grandmother passed away many of my ex-girlfriends I missed and hadn't spoken to in ages found out about it somehow and reached out to me to offer their condolences. Some were currently in new relationships but regardless of that still wanted to be there for me to comfort me.

Could see someone ML had a relationship with very long ago popping back up suddenly offering her the comfort she is craving after such an emotionally exhausting trip and them planning a covert meeting in the park since the ex is in a new relationship with someone they are now living with that would prevent her from going to their home.
The ex'snew partner saw them sneaking off in the middle of the night and followed them and did something in anger and jealousy to either her or both of them and is now trying to cover that up.

Why assume the person she was meeting knew she would be arriving in a Lyft vehicle?

I keep going back to the park drop off and pick up. It wantmakes total sense that the person who picked her up, especially if he/she had foul play on their mind to want to have ML be dropped off at a place that is not tied to him, or near him. What doesn't add up, is why not have her get dropped off at the apartments across the street, or a 24 hour Walgreens, 24 hour fast food. Meaning somewhere she can get out of the Lyft and walk into somewhere public. Why go through the trouble of having her dropped at a park where the Lyft driver could see your vehicle?? And where were they going to go together? The park does not seem like a place to hook up, too public. Were they just going to drive around? If so, why not just pick her up at the airport...If she was reaching out because she was stressed/grieving and the other person wanted to help her destress why not get her a hotel room (thinking not take her home because the person is married or whatever), she could have taken the Lyft to the hotel. The park just makes no sense.
Because the person she met wanted to limit exposure to the Lyft driver, hoping the driver wouldn't see a vehicle and wouldn't be able to give a good description of him/her. All of the other options would open this person up to surveillance and more eyeballs.

This is interesting. Why would they meet where they knew there would be a witness and witness account, as in the Lyft driver? Unless they didn't know she was taking Lyft. Either not thought through enough or something unexpected.? Seems to me that points away from intent. Imo.
if this was just a 'simple' affair - why would they care if a random Lyft driver saw them?

I'm thinking along similar lines as you.

When my grandmother passed away many of my ex-girlfriends I missed and hadn't spoken to in ages found out about it somehow and reached out to me to offer their condolences. Some were currently in new relationships but regardless of that still wanted to be there for me to comfort me.

Could see someone ML had a relationship with very long ago popping back up suddenly offering her the comfort she is craving after such an emotionally exhausting trip and them planning a covert meeting in the park since the ex is in a new relationship with someone they are now living with that would prevent her from going to their home.
The ex'snew partner saw them sneaking off in the middle of the night and followed them and did something in anger and jealousy to either her or both of them and is now trying to cover that up.
That's actually a sweet thought. When my mom died, an old boyfriend from high school, who still lives in my hometown (I live several states away now) contacted me after he heard the news. Corresponding with someone who knew my mom (as my friends in my new state did not know her) and who knew me from "back then" was a huge comfort. There was no chance of a hook up or 3am meeting, but perhaps at another stage in life, it would have been a possibility.

I don't think that happened in this case, but it's nice to think of something sweet rather than something sinister, even just for a moment.

jmo

Last edited:
One thing about the location drop-off choice in this case: Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City, UT.

This is just a theory, but if you are meeting someone that you know at a park at 3 am, I think it would be because you are unsure of the right address, but have a general idea of where that person lives. So maybe the person on the phone says they live behind Hatch Park or something like that and offers to meet them at the park and take them the rest of the way. Or they live in a gated community or complex nearby.

So I would theorize that the location she ultimately went to was very close to Hatch Park, but complex in terms how someone would describe getting there at 3 am in the morning. Hopefully she is found safe. Whoever she went with must have been very confident she did not tell anyone else where she was going. It will be interesting to see how this missing persons case turns out.
OOOH, good sleuthing! I like the gated community idea!

Maybe the person she met is a fellow student and they planned to burn the midnight oil, so to speak, and cram for the exam? Or so he told her?

The problem I have with the voluntarily missing scenario is that even if she just needed to get away, I don't think she'd want to worry her family, particularly so soon after the death of her grandmother. Didn't she text her mom right after the plane landed to let her know she was OK?
BBM
I totally agree! After the death of her grandmother, I can’t see anyone being so heartless as to do a voluntary missing scenario. I strongly feel that there is foul play. Imo, she is being held against her will or she is no longer with us.

Im pretty sure you could take a Lyft to colorado if you wanted to pay for it and the driver was ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname