Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

Just checked for an update but there is nothing.

So I think he either escaped by running to the part of the family farm where the barn is located and where the assault happened and got in another vehicle and is out of there or some family member is harboring him on a nearby property or he has killed himself.

Anyone hear if there were any search warrants issued? Did they search his home and family homes on the family acreage?

I'm a bit p-off that local media is not really digging into this. They really have not provided any background information on this guy or updates as to what LE is doing to catch this guy. I can see why the neighbors are hiding out and are mad that they have not been provided any information about whats going on.
I'm wondering if LE has requested that the news stay quiet, to maybe give him the space to contact somebody, like his family. I don't know if they believe that was really him commenting online on that news article, but no news articles means nowhere to comment? It's just a thought.

Or LE doesn't want people coming around, trying to search for him, because he's dangerous? Just guessing.

Also, maybe they are concerned he is going to kill himself (if he hasn't already), and don't want media adding to the pressure bearing down on him?

Last edited:
If PE is still alive, I'm wondering if LE wants the news to stay quiet to maybe give him the space to contact somebody, like his family. I don't know if they believe that was really him commenting online on that news article, but no news articles means nowhere to comment? It's just a thought. Either that or LE doesn't want people coming around, trying to search for him? Just guessing.

Also, maybe they are concerned he is going to kill himself (if he hasn't already), and don't want media adding to the pressure bearing down on him?
Yeah I saw that comment or comments just as they came in and my first impression was it was just a troll.

I would hope they were using k9s to track him down.

I bet he is laying low somewhere. Hope they flush him out soon.

An arrest warrant has been issued for a man suspected of abducting and assaulting a woman on Interstate 65 in Tippecanoe County.

Warrant issued for suspect on run accused of abducting, assaulting woman

Link to I-65 SB exits: Interstate Exits for I-65 Southbound in Indiana - iExit

Investigators say Etter handcuffed her <snip>
Charges filed against suspect accused of abducting woman

A couple of things I have been sleuthing... but wonder mostly about the handcuffs.

It seems odd how she has flat tire and when he offers help, she says no and drives off, and then he (for lack of a better word) stalks her on down the road and has handcuffs. It’s strange, like strange in someone having handcuffs on the perchance they are needed.

An arrest warrant has been issued for a man suspected of abducting and assaulting a woman on Interstate 65 in Tippecanoe County.

Warrant issued for suspect on run accused of abducting, assaulting woman

Link to I-65 SB exits: Interstate Exits for I-65 Southbound in Indiana - iExit

Investigators say Etter handcuffed her <snip>
Charges filed against suspect accused of abducting woman

A couple of things I have been sleuthing... but wonder mostly about the handcuffs.

It seems odd how she has flat tire and when he offers help, she says no and drives off, and then he (for lack of a better word) stalks her on down the road and has handcuffs. It’s strange, like strange in someone having handcuffs on the perchance they are needed.
And odd he also has shackles in his car or maybe they were already at the barn where the assault happened. What is he doing at 4:30 in the morning out by his driveway?

This may be a far fetched thought but maybe he laid a trap, threw some screws or nails in the road and just waited to see if someone interesting would get a flat.

Definitely a case of opportunity but what are the chances that opportunity would present itself at 4:30 in the morning in front of his house and he just happens to be there?

And odd he also has shackles in his car or maybe they were already at the barn where the assault happened. What is he doing at 4:30 in the morning out by his driveway?

This may be a far fetched thought but maybe he laid a trap, threw some screws or nails in the road and just waited to see if someone interesting would get a flat.

Definitely a case of opportunity but what are the chances that opportunity would present itself at 4:30 in the morning in front of his house and he just happens to be there?
The trap thought crossed my mind, too. Otherwise, how lucky is he?

For sure... that is strange/frightening.

She told police he later blindfolded her and forced her to walk to a nearby barn, where he shackled her ankles and attached them to a desk. Several hours later, according to the court record, Etter redressed, unshackled her and took her back to her car.

<snip>

Police say the victim, who identified a photo of Etter as the assailant, had many bruises and injuries.

Alleged kidnapper, rapist charged as police continue search

He clearly hurt her, but took her back to her car. It’s curious to me why he let her go... possibly because it was on his property? It’s hard to imagine he felt sorry, but maybe.

ETA: link to an article about Ron Hazelwood on the topic of different types of rapists. There is more to his work than this article, but thought I would share it in case it gives any insight on Etter.

'The Evil That Men Do': Learning What Is Standard About Deviants

Last edited:
Just an observation here.

LE in this case has warned residence through SM and MSM in the area to be on the look out, to be careful and so on.

In the case of BG they did not put out any type of warnings, alerts to the public. In fact when reporters asked LE if they had any warnings they would like to give the public they usually say that the people in the area can use their own judgment.

Just an observation here.

LE in this case has warned residence through SM and MSM in the area to be on the look out, to be careful and so on.

In the case of BG they did not put out any type of warnings, alerts to the public. In fact when reporters asked LE if they had any warnings they would like to give the public they usually say that the people in the area can use their own judgment.
Funny how differenly they handle situations. Maybe since this guy has been ID'd and is hiding out, he's an immediate threat because he's desperate?

She told police he later blindfolded her and forced her to walk to a nearby barn, where he shackled her ankles and attached them to a desk. Several hours later, according to the court record, Etter redressed, unshackled her and took her back to her car.

<snip>

Police say the victim, who identified a photo of Etter as the assailant, had many bruises and injuries.

He clearly hurt her, but took her back to her car. It’s curious to me why he let her go... possibly because it was on his property? It’s hard to imagine he felt sorry, but maybe.

ETA: link to an article about Ron Hazelwood on the topic of different types of rapists. There is more to his work than this article, but thought I would share it in case it gives any insight on Etter.

That was a good read, wonder what type of rapist he would say PE is? All are losers and know they are.

I just found this thread and have been speed reading to catch up. I do have a question. There was concern about the Girl Scout Camp and incoming girls coming into this camp. Was the camping canceled or did the girls come into the camp for their camping? I haven't seen any updates on this decision.

I just found this thread and have been speed reading to catch up. I do have a question. There was concern about the Girl Scout Camp and incoming girls coming into this camp. Was the camping canceled or did the girls come into the camp for their camping? I haven't seen any updates on this decision.
I looked for info on that today, too. Nothing even on their FB. I wouldn't have sent my daughter!

So he blindfolded her and walked her to a nearby barn. Then walked her back to her car. Blindfolded again or not? Did he change the wheel too?

<snip>

He must have ran to where the barn is located and got another vehicle and is out of there. He had the advantage over LE because he knew the properties.

Here is the property with the barn where the assault happened (I believe to the best of my knowledge and what has been reported). Looks like several vehicles on the property:

upload_2019-6-26_6-25-16-png.190698

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back