Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope people slow down and calm down.

Nothing confirmed at all. So far just a AIRbnb owner who burned some trash.

In my state, burning trash is commonplace. A recent immigrant may not know the local ordinances.

I've had to skim to catch up so forgive me if this has already been answered. :) This article has comments from the neighbors about the fire. However, there have been reports from other neighbors who did not see or smell anything.

Mackenzie Lueck disappearance: Police spotted digging holes at Utah home after neighbors report recent fire, ‘strong stench’
Police combing a Salt Lake City home for clues on the whereabouts of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck were spotted digging holes into its backyard early this morning following claims from neighbors that its owner recently was burning something that let off a “strong stench.”

[...]

Neighbors who spoke to the newspaper say they recently saw the homeowner burning something in his backyard and smoke from the fire was traveling into their windows.

[...]

“It definitely assaulted your nose,” Joseph Peterson, who lives one block west of the home, told the Salt Lake Tribune, describing how he got home one night from work only to smell a “strong stench” in the air.

[...]

Differences in noticing may be related to how the wind was blowing, the locations of their windows, and if they had the AC on, etc.

In my state, burning trash is commonplace. A recent immigrant may not know the local ordinances.
But nothing suggests he is a recent immigrant who would be unaware of local ordinances. Seems like he's a longtime resident of the city.

It's really not clear. In one paragraph you're discussing "just mentioning" what a victim is doing. That's very relevant to the case and should be part of the discussion.

In the same paragraph though you start talking about how people need to be warned about their activities.

So I think there's two different things going on. One is discussing what events might have led up to her disappearance. Fair.

The other is derailing the thread by continually wringing our hands and lecturing on how risky her lifestyle was and questioning her choices when there's been not one shred of evidence to indicate her lifestyle is any more dangerous than any other dating or social scenario young people get into these days- meeting people online and going off with them.

I've been on websleuths for almost two decades. Over and over we've seen case after case of young women victimized. Abducted while cleaning a lamp post in broad daylight. Abducted and killed while jogging (that happens a lot). Abducted and killed while walking to school. Abducted and killed when meeting up with an online date, abducted and killed when drunkenly mistaking a car for their Uber ride, abducted and killed after summoning a taxi driver, abducted and killed by acquaintances. By friends. By boyfriends. Husbands. Uncles.

It goes on and on and on.

This is the first case I've seen out of the THOUSANDS where someone involved in dating older men via a lifestyle has disappeared.

It's really not relevant to any heightened risk. Women are vulnerable, period.

I guess it's just human nature to try to figure out how such atrocities can be prevented. We are all scared for ourselves, our sisters, mothers, daughters and nieces. Etc. So we look for ways such things can be prevented. But we also desperately look for ways to place blame on the victim for her choices so we can feel comfortable that if we aren't doing the same thing, we are safe.

But we're not. No one is safe.
I just love this entire post, @gitana1 . Thank you. This is perfectly written.

An Air bnb owner who was also named a POI in this case, and whose backyard has been dug up, and who got rid of items the police are requesting to be turned over...

The Air BnB was "booked out" through August but my guess is he blocked the dates out for the time being as he gets the house back in order.

A friend of the family offers a room in her house for AirBnB stays. I helped her set it up on the site. The owner sets up times on the calendar that the place is "available" or "unavailable". The latter does not necessarily mean booked by a customer. In fact you can choose any combination or blocks of dates to be not available for rent (for whatever reason, you don't have to disclose). So that wording by the news stations is misleading if you ask me. This was a while ago, though, so maybe I am misremembering?

So here is a guy who didn't leave town, didn't proactively call the police once MK hit the news, started a bonfire, openly put ads up for possible crime scene evidence, and allowed comings and goings to go to the cloud through his doorbell?

So, you have a girl, exhausted, vulnerable, emotional, who decides to get in a waiting vehicle in a dark, deserted park at 3am, which then possibly took her to a $27 a night crash pad?

So you have a Lyft driver who likes night shifts, picks up a girl from a what looked like a deserted airport, and drops her off in a dark park, alone, and hands her off to a mysterious vehicle? A perfect storm of WTAF?

UT - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #6

All of these post talk about undercover law enforcement going to the front door. They knew about the posting for the mattresses at that time? This was right before the search warrants were served.

I guess it's that time he did talk to law enforcement, so perhaps that is where those words came from law enforcement today in the Presser.
Well since this guy is free now and he is clearly a great thinker/planner/author he is probably going to hire a Lyft vehicle (his Kia has been hauled off), go get that mattress back, strap it to the top of the Lyft car return to his home and burn it in the back yard. Only problem I can see with this plan is that a neighbor might whine a little bit about all the fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1