Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of his other cases there is an AKA of Damion James Johnson for him.

Anyone get into Pima County court site? Just coming up with a burglary charge that was dismissed on 3/30/19. TIA!
That dismissal was expected -- it was the deal he made to lead authorities to Isa's body in the desert. This jerk was more concerned about his theft charge than MURDER! He didn't think LE had sufficient evidence to charge him.

Thank you Seattle, and lstric for the links! Nice to 'see' you both on this thread.

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone, and I'm sure it isn't.

I posted right after his arrest that my opinion of CC is the same as the serial pedophile/murderer like Joe Duncan. Both are nomadic pedophiles, and serial killers, imo.

I dont believe for one second his attorneys didn't know he's being investigated for other crimes. Fgs, that was in the media early on after CC said he had put 4 bodies in the desert.

It haunts me as what other precious children he has raped, and murdered then thrown away like trash after he has brutalized, and murdered them.

CC didn't just start raping, and murdering children when he moved to AZ. Imo, he has raped, and/or killed children in every state he's been in. He is like a toxic deadly disease that spreads.

See how quickly he raped, and murdered after being released from prison? It shows the cellmate is right. CC believes he is invincible, and untouchable. That has to mean he has been doing this for years, and wasnt caught.

This case is a painful reminder that other children who are said to be abducted from their home also may have very well have been taken by their own pedophile monster just like him.

We cannot just prematurely assume the parents are the ones involved.

Imo to do so it does a disservice to these little defenseless victims, and what really happened to them, and who actually harmed them.

I can't begin to even comprehend the pain, and suffering parents go through by having a missing child or children.

Sweet beautiful Isa's partial remains weren't found until 6 years later. I've seen so many parents speak out who have children missing, and so many of them say the hardest part is not knowing where their children are or if they are scared, hungry or dead or alive. And so many have to deal with that unimaginable pain along with them being falsely accused by the internet masses. I just don't know how they are able to withstand so much pain at the worst time of their lives.

It seems they are able to find the strength through having a strong faith in God, also knowing all along they were totally innocent of the false allegations against them, but most of all their strength comes from the undying love they have for family, and their missing precious child. But it still has to all hurt them so badly especially at a time they need love, and support more than any other time in their lives.

God bless Isa, Maribel, and their loving families.

JMHO only!
Hi Ocean,

BBM as I completely agree with these words and when I first joined and commented on this thread I was still suspicious of SC and convinced it would come out that he played some part in this. I would just like to take the opportunity to apologise to you as we got into a little debate about this and you were absolutely right and I was completely wrong, cruel and too quick to jump to my own conclusions based on my own feelings towards SC. You, and this case taught me a valuable lesson that intuition/gut feelings should not be taken as gospel and any parents, without concrete evidence, should be given the benefit of the doubt until we know more. You’re a wise lady (I’m sorry I’m assuming lady!)

For Fraud, Burglary & theft of ppty from last hearing on 6/14. Missed a couple of hearings....
Case# S-0700-CR-005669

8/23/2019 Evidentiary Hearing D 2

8/16/2019 Evidentiary Hearing D 2

6/26/2019 Motion D 2

6/25/2019 MFR - Motion For Reconsideration D 2

6/20/2019 029 - ME: Status Conference D 3

6/14/2019 Status Conference D 2

link: Public Access Case Lookup

I have a case # of 2018-3978-001 for the murder case, but can't seem to find anything on it.

Anyone else want to try Pima County? TIA if you find something for me! :)

For Fraud, Burglary & theft of ppty from last hearing on 6/14. Missed a couple of hearings....
Case# S-0700-CR-005669

6/26/2019 Motion D 2

I have a case # of 2018-3978-001 for the murder case, but can't seem to find anything on it.

Sorry @Niner --

I found 18 records 1972-86 for entire AZ state counties.

I'm thinking this case is not here because it involves juvenile??

Have to think about this one....o_O

Case# S-0700-CR-005669

6/26/2019 Motion D 2

Hmm... couldn't locate this case in Pima Superior Court either 2018-3978-001??

Christopher Clements challenges indictment in Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales case

April 4, 2019

TUCSON – The man accused of kidnapping and murdering Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales is challenging his indictment in court.

A grand jury indicted Christopher Clements on 21 charges last October. In a grand jury proceeding, prosecutors present the case. The defendant does not have an attorney present to contradict prosecutors.

Clements’ attorneys filed a motion to redetermine the most serious charges, including kidnapping and murdering the girls. They wrote, “the state withheld evidence favorable to the defense including exculpatory evidence. The State also misrepresented important evidence that unfairly prejudiced the defense.”

A detective told grand jurors that drops of the girl’s blood were found in her bedroom. Clements attorneys argue that suggested a forced abduction, but nobody told the grand jurors that Celis’ parents said the blood may have been from a bloody nose.

Clements’ attorneys repeatedly suggested a Celis family member was responsible for the girl’s disappearance. Police reports indicate a family member failed a polygraph test. That family member was communicating with somebody who was under investigation for drug and weapon trafficking, according to court documents. bbm

Clements’s attorneys also argued the grand jury should have been told that it would have been extremely difficult or impossible to abduct the girl from her bedroom window. They argued at least one of the family dogs would have been barking, and one of the dogs was so defensive it bit an officer during the investigation.

[...]

Other documents also showed how seriously detectives were looking at the Celis family. Their vehicles had GPS tracking devices. Detectives monitored phone calls. For many months, police did not believe a stranger abducted the girl. bbm

ETA: Wow -- had not seen these allegations against Isa's family before.

April 17, 2019

Isabel vanished from her parents’ east-side home overnight April 20, 2012. The Tucson Police Department announced the arrest of Christopher Clements in her kidnapping and murder, as well as the kidnapping and murder and Maribel Gonzalez, in September 2018.

Hundreds of pages of documents were released Wednesday, April 17 by the Pima County Attorney’s Office. The documents outline interviews, lie detector tests and evidence collected following the six-year-old’s disappearance.

As Clements sits behind bars, the documents also shed light into how close detectives were to the accused killer in the hours and days that followed the disappearance of Isabel.

In an interview with detectives hours after Isabel was reported missing on April 21, 2012, Rebecca Celis, Isabel’s mom, was asked about recent strangers and visitors to the family’s home.

She told them “There was a guy who came over about three weeks ago, looking to buy that Acura. He’s come by a couple times.” Celis said she didn’t know his name.

Police have previously said a man matching Clement's appearance went to look at the Celis' family's car, asking if it was for sale.

Another document released showed a list of of registered sex offenders two detectives were asked to meet with and speak to about their whereabouts the night Isabel went missing. The list of sixteen men includes Clements. The detectives documented that they spoke with Clements on May -----, but we don’t know what came out of the officer’s conversation with him. bbm

A 25-page report from one Tucson Police detective details his part in the investigation from when Isabel was reported missing until May 15, 2012. It states Rebecca and Sergio Celis, Isabel’s dad, went a police station on April 22, 2012 to speak with detectives.

The officer wrote Sergio asked when it would be appropriate for “them to go back to their normal life” because their sons had baseball practice. It also stated that when Rebecca asked if they thought Isabel was alive, Sergio said “it has been over 24 hours and that isn’t good.”

The document states the father failed a polygraph test that day and then another 18 days later.

A discovery inside the six-year-old’s bedroom was also detailed in the report. Detectives found children’s hand printing on a wall and inside a closet. It said things like “Nothing,” “Bad day," "Dad Didn’t, “I don’t like Dad,” and “Bad Dad.”

Throughout the detective’s full report, Sergio continued to deny any involvement in the disappearance of his daughter and was upset at how the investigation was handled.

Documents detail hours, days and weeks after the disappearance of Isabel Celis

ETA: Report alleges both Sergio and Becky failed polygraph tests. I'm questioning the test integrity here and whether the investigators were so focused on the family...:eek:

Christopher Clements appeared before a Pima County Superior Court judge Monday. He showed up a little late because of a delay in his transfer from Maricopa County. They're holding him there on burglary charges.

The state plans to have its list of witnesses ready to go by August. A trial date could be set at his next court hearing in October.

Trial date to be set for man accused of killing Tucson girls

The court intends to set a trial date for the man accused of killing two young girls -- 6-year-old Isabel Celis and 13-year-old Maribel Gonzalez.

Christopher Clements appeared before a Pima County Superior Court judge Monday. He showed up a little late because of a delay in his transfer from Maricopa County. They're holding him there on burglary charges.

The state plans to have its list of witnesses ready to go by August. A trial date could be set at his next court hearing in October.

Trial date to be set for man accused of killing Tucson girls

I followed Isabel’s case until it seemingly went cold. I heard that her body had been recovered but when I heard that CC was involved in her disappearance, it was a Bombshell! I’m glad Sergio is no longer a suspect.

I question whether Isabelle resisted CC when he woke her up and removed her from her bed. Sergio and CC are both dark skinned with short, dark hair and both are middle aged and appear to be roughly the same height, weight and body type. Imo, Isa could easily have mistaken CC to be her father whom she believed would be entering her bedroom to awaken her in the morning. Isabel went to bed at 11 pm which is quite late for a 6-year old who had to get up early to play sports and if she was in a deep sleep and had no reason to believe the man wasn’t her father, it’s possible that Clements lifted Isabelle out of her bed and carried her out the window and into his vehicle parked nearby without waking her.

Do people believe it was CC who the next door neighbor heard at 6 am? Any idea what time Clements abducted Isabel?

This abduction was not recorded on any of the surveillance cameras in the neighborhood and there are no eye witnesses who saw CC commit this crime. Were his fingerprints found on the screen he removed from the Isabel’s window or did he wear gloves?

Isabel was a child (6) when she was abducted by CC and traces of THC and alcohol were found in MG'system during the autopsy who was a young teenager.

That dismissal was expected -- it was the deal he made to lead authorities to Isa's body in the desert. This jerk was more concerned about his theft charge than MURDER! He didn't think LE had sufficient evidence to charge him.
I think he may be more clever than people are giving him credit for...with all that info about Isabel's dad from the police files, his attorney is going to be able to get a damn good foothold on reasonable doubt. He gets the theft charge dropped....then gets acquitted on the murder....maybe he's not so dumb after all.

April 17, 2019

Isabel vanished from her parents’ east-side home overnight April 20, 2012. The Tucson Police Department announced the arrest of Christopher Clements in her kidnapping and murder, as well as the kidnapping and murder and Maribel Gonzalez, in September 2018.

Hundreds of pages of documents were released Wednesday, April 17 by the Pima County Attorney’s Office. The documents outline interviews, lie detector tests and evidence collected following the six-year-old’s disappearance.

As Clements sits behind bars, the documents also shed light into how close detectives were to the accused killer in the hours and days that followed the disappearance of Isabel.

In an interview with detectives hours after Isabel was reported missing on April 21, 2012, Rebecca Celis, Isabel’s mom, was asked about recent strangers and visitors to the family’s home.

She told them “There was a guy who came over about three weeks ago, looking to buy that Acura. He’s come by a couple times.” Celis said she didn’t know his name.

Police have previously said a man matching Clement's appearance went to look at the Celis' family's car, asking if it was for sale.

Another document released showed a list of of registered sex offenders two detectives were asked to meet with and speak to about their whereabouts the night Isabel went missing. The list of sixteen men includes Clements. The detectives documented that they spoke with Clements on May -----, but we don’t know what came out of the officer’s conversation with him. bbm

A 25-page report from one Tucson Police detective details his part in the investigation from when Isabel was reported missing until May 15, 2012. It states Rebecca and Sergio Celis, Isabel’s dad, went a police station on April 22, 2012 to speak with detectives.

The officer wrote Sergio asked when it would be appropriate for “them to go back to their normal life” because their sons had baseball practice. It also stated that when Rebecca asked if they thought Isabel was alive, Sergio said “it has been over 24 hours and that isn’t good.”

The document states the father failed a polygraph test that day and then another 18 days later.

A discovery inside the six-year-old’s bedroom was also detailed in the report. Detectives found children’s hand printing on a wall and inside a closet. It said things like “Nothing,” “Bad day," "Dad Didn’t, “I don’t like Dad,” and “Bad Dad.”

Throughout the detective’s full report, Sergio continued to deny any involvement in the disappearance of his daughter and was upset at how the investigation was handled.

Documents detail hours, days and weeks after the disappearance of Isabel Celis

ETA: Report alleges both Sergio and Becky failed polygraph tests. I'm questioning the test integrity here and whether the investigators were so focused on the family...:eek:
BBM I don't like this at all and the fact that Sergio was not serious sounding when he called to report she was missing, almost like he had to do it because his wife would wonder why he didn't. MOO

I think he may be more clever than people are giving him credit for...with all that info about Isabel's dad from the police files, his attorney is going to be able to get a damn good foothold on reasonable doubt. He gets the theft charge dropped....then gets acquitted on the murder....maybe he's not so dumb after all.

Didn't he lead detectives to the 2 bodies he buried? I am not sure he can explain that too easily.

I followed Isabel’s case until it seemingly went cold. I heard that her body had been recovered but when I heard that CC was involved in her disappearance, it was a Bombshell! I’m glad Sergio is no longer a suspect.

I question whether Isabelle resisted CC when he woke her up and removed her from her bed. Sergio and CC are both dark skinned with short, dark hair and both are middle aged and appear to be roughly the same height, weight and body type. Imo, Isa could easily have mistaken CC to be her father whom she believed would be entering her bedroom to awaken her in the morning. Isabel went to bed at 11 pm which is quite late for a 6-year old who had to get up early to play sports and if she was in a deep sleep and had no reason to believe the man wasn’t her father, it’s possible that Clements lifted Isabelle out of her bed and carried her out the window and into his vehicle parked nearby without waking her.

Do people believe it was CC who the next door neighbor heard at 6 am? Any idea what time Clements abducted Isabel?

This abduction was not recorded on any of the surveillance cameras in the neighborhood and there are no eye witnesses who saw CC commit this crime. Were his fingerprints found on the screen he removed from the Isabel’s window or did he wear gloves?

Isabel was a child (6) when she was abducted by CC and traces of THC and alcohol were found in MG'system during the autopsy who was a young teenager.

The difficulties I've long had with what we were told about the investigation is first, it's not dark at
6 AM for somebody to attempt a home invasion/kidnapping.

Second, I had problems that the neighbors story was not corroborated by anybody else. She claims the dogs were barking but this was only heard by herself.

CC was an experienced offender, and he may have also used chloroform to disable Isabel.

I don't recall any info released on finger prints. In fact, I only recall a shower curtain taken from a parked vehicle in their driveway, and possible blood drops located in Isabelle's room.

I also believe LE was able to keep substantially all the evidence they have from the public under the pretense that it would jeopardize the investigation targeting Sergio, and people bought it.

After awhile, I began to realize that we only saw/heard a couple snippets of Sergio's entire life, and although his 911 call and interview was bizarre, it was not lost on me that people who experienced more than a couple soundbites of his life were sticking by both Becky and Sergio including employers,
co-workers, family and friends. To my knowledge, there was only one man that allegedly coached with Sergio that reportedly found him suspicious.

The family was also consistent in voicing their frustration that investigators were wasting precious time focusing on them and not looking elsewhere.

It's really no wonder that the cousin JM packed up and fled to back Florida -- refusing to talk to anybody!

MOO

Last edited:
Didn't he lead detectives to the 2 bodies he buried? I am not sure he can explain that too easily.

well Maribel was found way back a few days after she disappeared. He gave up the location of Isa in exchange for dismissal of the burglary charges. but i agree how is he gonna get off if he knew where they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member