Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I didn’t mean for strangers to take food to the house - but rather to offer to help in any way through the church if needed. I assume their church will be coordinating various kinds of help. No doubt they won’t have trouble getting volunteers.
Ofcourse I had no intention of going by , and I appreciate your idea.
I will make a contribution to the fund.
As well, I will donate to a cat rescue agency, in Kenzie's and Nova's name.
For 4 years after Meredith Emerson died, I donated to the Longmont shelter, in Meredith's and her dog Ella's name.

What can we do, but remember and honor her in our own ways, and send prayers and thoughts to Kenzie's grieving family and dear friends.

I don't think anyone's victim blaming here, but if there are lessons to be learned about this lifestyle and its dangers, I personally don't think it should be brushed under the rug. It may save the next college co-ed who thinks it's a good way to pay for college.

IMO, MOO
I'm way behind, and this may be redundant. There should be no victim blaming in any case discussed on WebSleuths, but there are lessons to be learned. This case reinforces one lesson that we have seen before: Contacts made through the internet may not be what they seem. That's true in real life too, but at least face-to-face interactions give your protective instincts a better chance of kicking in. I believe if / when the full story is known, we'll find that this perp used a great deal of deceit to set a trap for Kenzie.

For sure AA thought very highly of himself .
Kenzie was at a tired and emotionally drained state. He had a online presence and seemed social. Prob many many stories are out there to be told.
Im so glad he was not as smart as he thought he was.

Ofcourse I had no intention of going by , and I appreciate your idea.
I will make a contribution to the fund.
As well, I will donate to a cat rescue agency, in Kenzie's and Nova's name.
For 4 years after Meredith Emerson died, I donated to the Longmont shelter, in Meredith's and her dog Ella's name.

What can we do, but remember and honor her in our own ways, and send prayers and thoughts to Kenzie's grieving family and dear friends.
That sounds like a wonderful idea.

So I just got off work and logged in as soon as i got in my car... "Remains found" and "Arrest"... While i am glad K's parents can bring K home, i also feel heartbroken. I naively had some hope that we find K alive. This is SO tragic. Such a beautiful and promising young life snuffed out just like that! And probably in a very violent way...I don't know the details yet; kinda afraid of learning, but I will catch up.

I am so devastated for K's family and friends! And for all of us! SW, KB, JD, and now K... It's just too much!

Thank you for letting me vent. So very saddened by this!

MOO.

I live quite close to where Kenzie's family lives. I so would like to bring flowers to them, anything....though nothing could possibly bring them solace. Ofcourse I can't do anything like that at this horrible time. I feel so heartbroken for them. It's appalling that newspeople are hovering around .
My thoughts are with them, as are the prayers and thoughts of so many.

From our discussion of Kenzie’s cat, Nova, another option for showing respect to family comes to mind. Donation to area kitty shelter in Kenzie’s name, the family usually receives notice from shelter of the donation.

Kitty shelters love monetary donations but also they’re always in need of supplies (food, litter, even toys) and of course foster homes. A great way pay tribute to Kenzie. Just a thought.

<modsnipped broken quote>
Here is a perfect example, of the dangers out there in meeting folk.
Probably we will hear, that this Jerk's accounts are a pack of lies, regarding his various jobs, achievements etc.

When young, I remember the many risks I took, meeting people for 'coffee' without little prior knowledge, walking to my car down deserted streets, walking my dogs in quiet picturesque surroundings, going to dingy places etc.
Now when I advise friends, about such risks to avoid, with also their 'on line' involvement in meeting people, I am frowned upon.
The knowledge we obtain from our cases on Websleuths, and News broadcasts should make us more vigilant, aware, and careful.
Perhaps it will be those readers that are lucky to avoid such dangerous situations, due to these cases.
Guess staying indoors with your hobbies, and Pets is a solution, when questioning the 'coming' outing, if unsure.
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM

I thought the person told HER that HE thought AA was creepy (based on things she told him). I'm not sure she is the one who said that, but that the friend was like "woah, be careful, this dude sounds weird..."
Correct. According to the reporter, her friend was the one that had concerns.

Also people keep saying she was happy to see him when she got to the park. I thought LE said she was “not in distress.” That doesn’t mean she was necessarily happy. I thought she looked a bit nervous in the airport photo and was fidgeting with her necklace.

From our discussion of Kenzie’s cat, Nova, another option for showing respect to family comes to mind. Donation to area kitty shelter in Kenzie’s name, the family usually receives notice from shelter of the donation.

Kitty shelters love monetary donations but also they’re always in need of supplies (food, litter, even toys) and of course foster homes. A great way pay tribute to Kenzie. Just a thought.
Exactly what I am planning to do....as per my post upthread.
Yes, shelters need all the help they can get. Maybe another Nova will find a forever home.

For sure AA thought very highly of himself .
Kenzie was at a tired and emotionally drained state. He had a online presence and seemed social. Prob many many stories are out there to be told.
Im so glad he was not as smart as he thought he was.

I wonder if her being away and out of pocket dealing with her grandmother sent him over the edge? He may have thought he was losing control of her, even if they never met they may have been communicating for some time, she may have not been as responsive to him and he felt threatened by that. Got her the moment she landed to come to him.

I have not commented here much but have followed along. I am only posting now in the fast moving threads with the one thing that matters to me I say with inadequate words and that is not about the case and my thoughts but just to say

that I, like most, am heartbroken and feel such sympathy for the family, the friends and loved ones, in life and those that joined on this forum, and people on here that one could tell knew her family or her or of her, fellow students, parents with children who knew KL and more--not tagging because I worry I will miss one of the many I read in these tons of pages who if they did not know her, knew someone who did and so forth. I know we all hoped for a different outcome and despite the discussions, that is what most of us I hope have in common, is a sincere concern for the victims and the rare good outcome, like someone found safe which is all too rare. I am so sorry for the loved ones that that did not happen here.

May Kenzie RIP and may justice prevail. There are not words adequate to express the sympathy, we are not the ones living it but I hope through just typed words on a forum it can be felt how sincerely that is meant and brings the tiniest bit of comfort one day.
Very well said. I don't know what could be more devastating for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname