Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any postmortems of Princess Doe ever been released or exhibited other than the one of her teeth?
I thought Kathleen Kelly was ruled out via DNA four years ago? (Also, how recent were the Kathleen pictures in the thread? She would have had to have grown her hair considerably from them).
Karen Kamsch may be our best hope. The Maryland connection lines up. Do we know anything of her earlier years?

@JrzyGirl70 Oh, For the Love of God! I hope the Princess haunts these "memorialists" in their dreams for this show of disrespect!

Any news on the Princess being moved to Arlington National Cemetery? It was being planned as a way of symbolically honouring all missing and murdered children.

@Paul B. before this upcoming memorial I would have said there is no way they would have moved her, but now maybe she is better off. If you read through the article you would see the petition, please consider signing it.

Have any postmortems of Princess Doe ever been released or exhibited other than the one of her teeth?
I thought Kathleen Kelly was ruled out via DNA four years ago? (Also, how recent were the Kathleen pictures in the thread? She would have had to have grown her hair considerably from them).
Karen Kamsch may be our best hope. The Maryland connection lines up. Do we know anything of her earlier years?
Karen has an abusive home life and has to go live with her grandma. It’s possible she ran away to New Jersey and met with foul play afterwards

I’m a Jersey girl and it does not sit right with me either. :( I signed the petition.

Why don’t they make it a day and visit Land of Make Believe, tell the stories of Jenny Jump and drive down Shades of Death Road? Reading it made me think of local tourist attractions.

@ClaireNC I support the retired detective's desire to move the Princess to Arlington National as the center of a monument honoring ALL missing people and murdered children.

Paying for a memorial?! What the heck is going through someone’s thick head!

I personally don't feel a "trolley tour" to her gravesite along with a visit to a local winery along the way in "celebration" of her life is very appropriate. Princess Doe who probably by guesstimates wasn't even old enough to enjoy a glass of wine during her very short life was brutally beaten beyond recognition and tossed into the cemetery for strangers to find. While I totally support memorials for her, I just think this is beyond disrespectful. And yes they certainly should not profit off of this young girls death, even if it is for the town museum. They can profit off of the fame of being in the Friday the 13th movies all they want, but this is just not right..

If you're talking about pictures taken immediately upon recovery, no. The body had been badly decomposed due to the fact that she had been dead for several days at the very least in the middle of July before she was recovered. On top of that, she sustained major facial trauma in the process of being killed. There probably wouldn't be much of her to see.

If you mean pictures of her skull, then I think that only a picture of the lower half of the skull has been released. If you look at the picture closely, you can see that it looks as if her jaw had been damaged during her murder.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a good place / time to ask this question. Given the discussion concerning the events marking the anniversary.
First, one of my personal interests is geocaching. For those unfamiliar, Geocaching usually ( definitely not always) takes place in a park or forest and involves folks hiding "caches" with simple trinkets inside and a sign in log. It is a fun way to explore the park and often used to draw visitors attention to particularly scenic, histroic or generally important places. Often folks whom hide these caches do so in a series, with a particular theme involved.
I had been thinking for a awhile about a missing / unsolved theme of caches. The thought was to construct the caches in a way that folks would visit the location, in this case possibly the cemetary where princess doe was found, read the information about her and thus inform people who may not have been aware. Also, I guess the ultimate goal would be to stir some memory in someone and produce a lead in the case.
But, I would not want to do anything to disrespect her memory in any way, which is why I have not proceeded with the idea and why I am asking this question. Thoughts?

Also thought about the following caches in my area as part of the series:
Siegfried Woelski-NJ
Tiger Lady- NJ
Sussex County Jane Doe-NJ

If this "memorial winery tour" goes ahead... i cannot escape the image of drunken idiots desecrating the Princess's grave, or even relieving themselves on it :'(

@JrzyGirl70 ? @Roselvr ?

I found out from the Blairstown Museum that Kathleen Kelly has been officially ruled out by DNA. This is what they said. For some time, there was speculation that Kathleen "Kathy" Kelly might have been Princess Doe - especially because of the height, weight, and cross pendant. However, Kathy has been ruled out through DNA testing.

They are gave me a list of girls who have officially been ruled out:
) Diane Dye, who went missing from San Jose, California on July 30, 1979.

2) Emma Vaughn, who went missing from Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982.

3) Leah Jean Van Schoick, who went missing from Plantation, Florida on August 15, 1982.

4) Brenda Louise Condon, who went missing from Spring Township, Pennsylvania on February 27, 1991.

5) Donna Barnhill, who went missing from Lexington, North Carolina on March 18, 1981.

6) Toni McNatt-Chiappetta, who went missing from Clairton, Pennsylvania on November 11, 1981.

7) Judith O’Donnell, who went missing from Baltimore, Maryland on November 30, 1980.

8) Kathryn Quackenbush, who went missing from Delmar, Maryland on July 14, 1981.

9) Teresa Hammon, who went missing from Sacramento, California on May 8, 1981.

10) Michele Reidenbach, who went missing from Zelienople, Pennsylvania on October 6, 1981.

11) Karen Zendrosky, who went missing from Bordentown Township, New Jersey on October 23, 1979.

12) Tammy Mahoney, who went missing from Oneida, New York on May 8, 1981.

13) Eleanor Parker, who went missing from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on November 10, 1981.

14) Debra Vowell, who went missing from Orange County, California on January 24, 1979.

15) Rachael Garden, who went missing from Newton, New Hampshire on March 22, 1980.

16) Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick, who went missing from Columbia Falls, Montana on April 21, 1976.

17) Amy Yachimec, who went missing from Phoenix, Arizona on November 6, 1981.

18) Sandra Butler, who went missing from Sparks, Nevada on June 26, 1978.

19) Kathleen Kelly, who went missing from Springdale, Pennsylvania on May 22, 1981.

20) Barbara Cotton, who went missing from Williston, North Dakota on April 11, 1981.

21) Brenda Crowley, who went missing from Staten Island, New York on February 1, 1980.

22) Maria Anjiras, who went missing from Norwalk, Connecticut on February 12, 1976.

23) Beverli Darnell, who went missing from Miami, Florida on May 1, 1983.

24) Charlotte Kinsey, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

25) Mary Opitz, who went missing from Fort Myers, Florida on January 16, 1981.

26) Cinda Pallett, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

27) Dean Peters, who went missing from Grand Rapids, Michigan on February 5, 1981.

28) Alma Root, who went missing from Auburn, California on January 1, 1980.

@Paul B. I don't see that happening. I would like to hope that the people that are intending to go, have good intentions, just poor taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member