OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right that this is the pic of her walking into court on July 3rd:
Use 2 fingers to enlarge photo .... Click on photo or link to go to article.

Pike Co. judge sets evidence deadline in case against Wagner mother
By Sarah Hager | July 3, 2019 at 11:55 AM EDT - Updated July 3 at 4:51 PM

AW definitely messed up her ponytail on purpose. IMO. I thought that maybe she couldn't fix her hair because she had handcuffs on, but she wasn't wearing them in court. Only reason is that maybe it makes her look like she is suffering in prison, or even a little crazy. Also, where did she get the elastic, if she didn't have it in her hair in jail? She also looks younger to me, for some reason. Makes me wonder what her lawyers have up their sleeves in terms of a defense strategy.
IMO her marriage is over, so they could try the abused/coerced wife strategy.

AW definitely messed up her ponytail on purpose. IMO. I thought that maybe she couldn't fix her hair because she had handcuffs on, but she wasn't wearing them in court. Only reason is that maybe it makes her look like she is suffering in prison, or even a little crazy. Also, where did she get the elastic, if she didn't have it in her hair in jail? She also looks younger to me, for some reason. Makes me wonder what her lawyers have up their sleeves in terms of a defense strategy.
IMO her marriage is over, so they could try the abused/coerced wife strategy.

Listening to that big oaf that she is married to it might not just be a strategy. Her sons sound controlling. Her MIL appears to control the entire clan. How much toxicity can one human stand?

Of course, she may be exactly like them. I can't even begin to imagine just 2 dates with an oaf. He would have been a dealbreaker to me.

Meeting his mom? No way in the world.

We missed FW's trial but BW can't string 3 words together for the Judge that sound like a halfway decent human. BW's trial might be more stunning than FW's could ever be.

AW probably gave as good as she got but BW?

MODS.. Please delete if I can't say oaf.

Listening to that big oaf that she is married to it might not just be a strategy. Her sons sound controlling. Her MIL appears to control the entire clan. How much toxicity can one human stand?

Of course, she may be exactly like them. I can't even begin to imagine just 2 dates with an oaf. He would have been a dealbreaker to me.

We missed FW's trial but BW can't string 3 words together for the Judge that sound like a halfway decent human. BW's trial might be more stunning than FW's could ever be.

He’s a straight hunk, what are you talking about

Idk if FW knew beforehand or not, but, she, at the very least, had a strong feeling, that her son, at the very least, was mixed up in something dangerous, or she'd not have purchased the two vests, after the murders.

I think G3 may be, what some folks call backward (in the part of the region where I am from). I don't use it as a derogatory term, it has always meant to me, that the person may learn differently, or is quite introverted. It seems that out of all of the Ws, that JW is the most outgoing, but, he still seems a bit backward/awkward to me. I think G3 was likely born with a mean streak in him.

AW may also be a bit backward/awkward, or not have been confident in herself, and settled when they got together. There are still women who either cannot, or will not, leave an unhealthy relationship, after they are in it, due to many reasons. We just don't know their family dynamics. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for just a spell. They may have been head over heels for one another but I'm not so sure. I've wondered if it's possible, that now, is the freest that AW has been since her marriage.

Idk if FW knew beforehand or not, but, she, at the very least, had a strong feeling, that her son, at the very least, was mixed up in something dangerous, or she'd not have purchased the two vests, after the murders.

I think G3 may be, what some folks call backward (in the part of the region where I am from). I don't use it as a derogatory term, it has always meant to me, that the person may learn differently, or is quite introverted. It seems that out of all of the Ws, that JW is the most outgoing, but, he still seems a bit backward/awkward to me. I think G3 was likely born with a mean streak in him.

AW may also be a bit backward/awkward, or not have been confident in herself, and settled when they got together. There are still women who either cannot, or will not, leave an unhealthy relationship, after they are in it, due to many reasons. We just don't know their family dynamics. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for just a spell. They may have been head over heels for one another but I'm not so sure. I've wondered if it's possible, that now, is the freest that AW has been since her marriage.

I am guessing if FW didn't know, then she figured it out quickly. Her granddaughter is the only one that survived. LM said custody fight had been happening and the family had been in turmoil (my word) for a few months or close to that. There was a poster with their faces at the end of FW's driveway so that she would see it when she left her house.

It just seems that he is rude and arrogant to the court but the rest of the W4 are nice and polite.

Just imagine, how AW and the boys felt when they saw that tattoo for 8. You never know if someone has a teardrop or 2 but the trigger finger for 8 gives me pause.

Last edited:
I am guessing if FW didn't know, then she figured it out quickly. Her granddaughter is the only one that survived. LM said custody fight had been happening and the family had been in turmoil (my word) for a few months or close to that. There was a poster with their faces at the end of FW's driveway so that she would see it when she left her house.

It just seems that he is rude and arrogant to the court but the rest of the W4 are nice and polite.

Just imagine, how AW and the boys felt when they saw that tattoo for 8. You never know if someone has a teardrop or 2 but the trigger finger for 8 gives me pause.

I remember when we were wondering if the tattoo in evidence might have been GW4s.
Just George Wagner was mentioned, not which one.

Now in the evidence it does say that it is GW3's tattoo. It says tattoo Billy.

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/5zbix3y0ow6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

I always felt from day one that the tattoo in evidence is the scorpion tattoo. It's my opinion from a photo, that the scorpion tattoo was done after the murders. It does have 8 segments and either the other Wagner's got a "kick" out of it or they were all mortified.
That tattoo convinces me that Billy was sure they got away with it.

When arrested he did not ask "what am I being arrested for" like an innocent person would demand to know.

Billy: "what's going on?"

LE: "Your being arrested that's what's going on!"

Billy: Silent. Does not demand to know what he is being arrested for because he knows already.

Me: "Wait! What? I didn't do anything! What are you arresting me for? I have a right to know, I didn't do anything! What did I do?"

All opinions only.....

Last edited:
This is only a rumor she was not passing notes to her jailed family. ( a bit hard to pass notes when all are in different jails :confused: ) I remember when it first came up on here, someone gave their opinion that Angela was passing notes, just their opinion, because Robin was writing on her pants.

There are no links to this. No MSM because it's only a rumor. I'm not here to convince anyone, the Judge will decide. For those of you who want to believe this rumor---that has no basis in fact---that's fine, I won't tell anyone how to post.

However, please put that this is your opinion only, thankx.

If one Wagner wants to give a message to another Wagner, this is only done through the Attorneys. Not through secret notes written inside of street clothes that the other Wagner's won't see anyway.:rolleyes:

Yep, Judge Deering has still not ruled on any of the 49 motions, including the one for AW to wear civilian clothing. If I am not mistaken that was the reason for the continuance. This was snipped from the article. RW was the only one to write on her clothing *taking notes about not contacting other co defendants IIRC.*

Also, I believe GW4s clothing was checked due to an order not being filed on his motion to wear civilian clothing??? JMO /

Snipped:

"As have the defense teams of the other murder suspects in the Rhoden case, Wagner’s attorneys have filed a motion to have her appear in court in civilian clothes. Judging from the fact she appeared Wednesday in jail garb, Deering has yet to rule on that motion."

Forty-nine defense motions lead to continuance in Wagner pretrial - Portsmouth Daily Times

Yep, Judge Deering has still not ruled on any of the 49 motions, including the one for AW to wear civilian clothing. If I am not mistaken that was the reason for the continuance. This was snipped from the article. RW was the only one to write on her clothing *taking notes about not contacting other co defendants IIRC.*

Also, I believe GW4s clothing was checked due to an order not being filed on his motion to wear civilian clothing??? JMO /

Snipped:

"As have the defense teams of the other murder suspects in the Rhoden case, Wagner’s attorneys have filed a motion to have her appear in court in civilian clothes. Judging from the fact she appeared Wednesday in jail garb, Deering has yet to rule on that motion."

Forty-nine defense motions lead to continuance in Wagner pretrial - Portsmouth Daily Times

Exactly what I said! Judge Deering still has not ruled on those 49 Motions yet. I agree with you, the 49 Motions do include the Motion to wear regular clothes. (motion 18?)

George 4's clothes were checked because ALL street clothes are checked/searched for contraband every time. Just like all the inmates are searched every time they come back to the jail from court.

The street clothes are checked before they put them on and they are also checked after they take them off. A big part of being behind bars is the count and being searched---alot!

Opinion W/O Links

Last edited:
Exactly what I said! Judge Deering still has not ruled on those 49 Motions yet. I agree with you, the 49 Motions do include the Motion to wear regular clothes. (motion 18?)

George 4's clothes were checked because ALL street clothes are checked/searched for contraband every time. Just like all the inmates are searched every time they come back to the jail from court.

The street clothes are checked before they put them on and they are also checked after they take them off. A big part of being behind bars is being searched.

Opinion W/O Links

Agree, and trust me, I know all about searches, and not because I received any. I am more of a giver.. not a taker :cool:

Agree, and trust me, I know all about searches, and not because I received any. I am more of a giver.. not a taker :cool:

Same here.
However, I was searched in jail when I went in with a Ministry group! Not stripped searched like inmates are when they come back from court, it was the "pat down/I'm gonna shake you down." Big difference o_O

Last edited:
I remember when we were wondering if the tattoo in evidence might have been GW4s.
Just George Wagner was mentioned, not which one.

Now in the evidence it does say that it is GW3's tattoo. It says tattoo Billy.

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/5zbix3y0ow6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

I always felt from day one that the tattoo in evidence is the scorpion tattoo. It's my opinion from a photo, that the scorpion tattoo was done after the murders. It does have 8 segments and either the other Wagner's got a "kick" out of it or they were all mortified.
That tattoo convinces me that Billy was sure they got away with it.

When arrested he did not ask "what am I being arrested for" like an innocent person would demand to know.

Billy: "what's going on?"

LE: "Your being arrested that's what's going on!"

Billy: Silent. Does not demand to know what he is being arrested for because he knows already.

Me: "Wait! What? I didn't do anything! What are you arresting me for? I have a right to know, I didn't do anything! What did I do?"

All opinions only.....

If I was those boys mother, I would have found chloroform and a hacksaw. ;):D:eek::oops:o_O:):)

Cool Cat you’re saying the judge didn’t say anything to AW about trying to communicate to her family?

Snipped:

AWs journal entry 12/14/18 Motion #18 filed by Defense re:clothing. Journal entry 3/7/19 States Response.... It did not say States "Contra" as it did in all other cases when the State opposed a motion. Confusing, but I could care less what AW wears to court. JMO

Cool Cat you’re saying the judge didn’t say anything to AW about trying to communicate to her family?

No. The Judge very clearly told her not to communicate with any of her family who were arrested. That included her mother as well. Her attorney 's also told the Judge that they had told her not to try to communicate with her family ---in any way!

I think this gave some people the impression that she had tried to communicate with them, and it did seem like that was possible by phone or e-mail or out-going letter or through a visitor, asking a visitor to relay a message.

Not by writing in her clothes as there are better ways to try to circumvent the system. 3-Way phone calls are a big way they try to do it and using other inmate's phone cards.

Opinion if no link....

Last edited:
No. The Judge very clearly told her not to communicate with any of her family who were arrested. That included her mother as well. Her attorney 's also told the Judge that they had told her not to try to communicate with her family ---in any way!

I think this gave some people the impression that she had tried to communicate with them, and it did seem like that was possible by phone or e-mail or out-going letter or through a visitor, asking a visitor to relay a message.

Not by writing in her clothes as there are better ways to try to circumvent the system. 3-Way phone calls are a big way they try to do it and using other inmate's phone cards.

Opinion if no link....

I think all 6 of the accused have been given an admonishment as to no contact orders haven't they? JMO.

Have a good night e1, off for the night. :eek:

WAVERLY, Ohio — A Pike County judge ordered one of the suspects charged with killing eight people in the Pike County massacre to have no contact with her co-defendants.

During a brief pretrial hearing Monday, Judge Randy Deering ordered that Angela Wagner have no contact, direct or indirect, with her co-defendants. That means she won't be able to communicate with her husband, two adult sons, mother or mother-in-law.

Wagner, her husband and their two sons are charged with conspiring to kill eight members of the Rhoden family and carrying out the plan on April 22, 2016 in rural Pike County.

Defense attorney Robert Krapenc said he had already told Wagner not to communicate with any of the other suspects.

Angela Wagner pleaded not guilty to the 22 charges during a hearing in late November. Deering ordered that she be held without bond

PIKE COUNTY, OH (FOX19) - The eldest of the Wagner sons made his second appearance in court Wednesday afternoon.

George Wagner IV, 27, not to be confused with his namesake father George “Billy” Wagner III, appeared in a Pike County courtroom for his first pretrial hearing.

The hearing was brief and discussed the same motions and filings as Monday’s pretrial hearing for Wagner’s mother Angela:

• The defense is still waiting for a Bill of Particulars and they’re OK with the time it’s taking to get it
  • They’d like more time to file motions relating to the case
  • Wagner is not to have any contact with his family who are his co-defendants
Wagner appeared in court wearing jeans, a black button-up dress shirt, black vest and red and black tie. His appearance in plain clothes was noted by both his defense attorneys Charles Knight and Richard Nash, Jr., and prosecuting attorneys Rob Junk and Angela Canepa.

All attorneys wanted the change in clothing noted and said police inspected the outfit before court began.

Wagner’s next court appearance is scheduled for March 22 at 1:30 p.m.

He stayed mostly silent during Wednesday’s hearing, only speaking when give a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to the judge. He also gave no indication of emotion as he listened to the day’s proceedings.

Wagner also showed little emotion throughout his initial court appearance where he pleaded not guilty Nov. 28 to killing eight members of the Rhoden family in April 2016.

He faces 22 charges including eight charges of capital murder.

READ MORE: Wagner brother pleads not guilty for role in Rhoden family massacre

Wagner brother pleads not guilty for role in Rhoden family massacre
Wagner’s mother Angela Wagner was in court Monday afternoon for her first pretrial hearing. She was ordered to have no contact with her family members.

READ MORE: Mother charged in Rhoden family murders to have no contact with family members

George Wagner IV, his mother Angela, 48, his father Billy, 47, and his brother Edward “Jake," 26, are all charged with the brutal murders of the Rhoden family.

Just a future reference next time your trying to quote an article, dont copy the entire page. Just copy the relevant paragraph as well as the link to the page. Ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX