Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in, am waiting for discovery to answer so many questions that we all have. I am thankful Mackenzie's "body was found". It will be interesting to see/learn about how things ultimately pan out and about what occurred that fateful night. I have so many mixed feelings about this case and about what may have contributed to "what" happened to Mackenzie that fateful night, but I have no answers. What a horrible case, I pray this young woman rests in peace and that justice is served. Impatiently awaiting further information.

Somehow I just don't see AA talking and telling a true account of the events that transpired from ML entering his car until whatever happened and when exactly it happened. I believe he is so sick and so evil and pompous that he believes his own lies. He lied to LE and said he never saw what she looked like as her pic was on his phone. I hate to be so dismal but somehow I just cannot see him giving a truthful moment to moment account of the evening and following days.Praying for justice and that the evidence LE has convicts him without him needing to speak a word. RIP Kenzie.

Somehow I just don't see AA talking and telling a true account of the events that transpired from ML entering his car until whatever happened and when exactly it happened. I believe he is so sick and so evil and pompous that he believes his own lies. He lied to LE and said he never saw what she looked like as her pic was on his phone. I hate to be so dismal but somehow I just cannot see him giving a truthful moment to moment account of the evening and following days.Praying for justice and that the evidence LE has convicts him without him needing to speak a word. RIP Kenzie.

He might not have to. The evidence will probably do the talking for him.

We’ll never know exactly what happened, but we might have a pretty good idea.

LE said AA was the last person KL was texting with before going missing according to cell phone records so she must have been texting through her iPhone imessage using her actual cell number. If they were messaging through another app like snapchat, Tinder or similar app it wouldn’t have shown on her carrier phone records only iMessage If this is the case he had her mobile number. I wonder how often they talked on the phone?

So true. We shouldn't judge too much. I remember meeting these guys at a Grateful Dead concert, and decided to go to Sturgis with them. WTH?! Spent the rest of the summer, just like "Easy Rider".

And, horrible, awful bad things happened to good people. Some nefarious. Some just tragic accidents. No one had access to all the stuff happening throughout the country. No alerts. Pretty crazy to think about. I remember the case of Grateful Doe from here--- his family just never knew what happened until DNA and sleuthing and the internet came along.

Now I can see where my kid is (within feet) halfway across the country or down the block. And, I have incredible conversations about safer sex, tinder/grindr, consent, drugs in drinks, and etc.

It is amazing to think of the things that many of us did.

Amen to this and so many other thoughtful, insightful & speculative posts over what has felt like eternity since beautiful soul Kenzie went missing.

I’m laying here in bed tonight, sleepless again, searching for answers, clues and I guess just grasping for anything...thinking about Kenzie and her mother and father and siblings. Desperately wanting to believe tomorrow will somehow bring relief or answers, possibly justice...fearing it can’t.

Waiting and wondering about what tomorrow will bring, like so many of you. I’m kind of scared .... tbh...I cannot imagine what her family is going through, although they are much more updated than the general public, I hope. Ok...WS community, you guys are awesome....so good this exists or I don’t know what I’d be doing during these sleepless nights... oh boy, tomorrow...

I’m curious about several small details.

I have a single adult daughter who travels for her job. She texts me “home” when she arrives. I’m not interested in when her flight lands I can find that out online. I want to know she’s “home safe.”

ML’s relationship with her family was close enough that she sent a text when the flight landed...yet her family did not file a missing report until Thursday. This leads me to believe they thought she was “home safe” and going about her routine until she missed that exam.

I wonder if she texted that she was “home”...especially with her flight being delayed...the timing wouldn’t give her away. And I wonder if she didn’t shut off her phone herself. They would have assumed she was asleep.

I think this was a “business appointment” of some sort. ML was upfront, public, and seemingly proud of her achievement of earning money this way. But she may not have shared this part of her life with her more traditional family.

That last article says AA and ML last spoke at 6pm before her flight. Too soon even to be at the airport. So nothing was spur of the moment. ML had plenty of time to consider this meeting at the park. She had hours to ponder the place, the time, the person.

She had the option to not show up.

But she got the text/phone call done to her family...got them out of the way...and kept the agreement to meet AA...when she could have opted out at any time and told the Lyft to take her home.

But this meeting had some importance to her too. I don’t think, judging by her clothes, that it was romantic or even for friendly solace.

I believe it will be shown to have some money-making aspect to it.

She did not anticipate danger. Whether he premeditated to hurt/kill her, only more evidence can tell. But her online activities and demeanor show a woman confident in her own choices and in her own decisions on how to make additional money.

I don't know if it is a lot of folks. I am also in your group. In no way do I think she was meeting someone to go out for waffles and/or steak and eggs. She was a fifth year student in SLC and per family and friends was dating several people casually, was on dating sites and at minimum a SB site. She would have to be more naive than I believe if she had lived there that long and engaged in such things to meet someone in a park in an area nowhere close to such amenities.

I have no problem believing a college student is up or wanting to be out and about at 3 a.m. I have a huge problem believing this was some innocent purported breakfast "date" she bought into. You do not go to a park in NSLC at 3 a.m. in the morning to go to breakfast.

One thing that stands out to me (a few things do) is the one girl who claims to be a best friend said she texted her while she was in CA to see how she was doing or some such and she never received an answer. She went on to explain she was probably one of many who contacted her and KL was likely busy, etc. so never responded (paraphrasing). I never really understood why she even brought this up unless perhaps it was to say when her last contact with her was because she was not missing yet when she was in CA.

Now on that same thought, she did not answer her alleged very good friend's text while in CA but she was in contact with AA while in California. That says something to me... There was also contact the day before she came home and I doubt that was to arrange either breakfast or drugs for that matter. Whether either did drugs to me is not relevant, but I doubt the meeting was for drugs. They apparently knew each other on some level and that is confirmed by the friend the reporter talked with who also said something about KL's and AA's arrangement/relationship.

If she was in deep sorrow over her grandmother, or not, contact with him was apparently still more important than responding to a good girlfriend while in California, whatever the reason for that was. I do not think it was breakfast...

Jmo.

Edited to fix typos.
Really good thoughts I hadn’t thought about. Not replying to the friend is huge!

I hope we learn more today. I don’t have the case experience to draw on that many of you do and will be interested to hear the answers we are all looking for. I acknowledge my thoughts likely come from a perspective that is not used to thinking dark scenarios.

My thoughts:

1. It’s not uncommon at all for college kids to be up at 3 am
. Some stay up all night and sleep during day.

2. If we believe the guy in KL’s life from the presser that warned or was worried about AA it shows she had some familiarity, enough to be talking about him to someone else in her life, that she likely met from a dating app. Whether or not she had met him before in person is the big question for me. But my thought is yes, she had.

3. It isn’t far fetched to me that a meetup at the park was for a smoke, a talk and look at stars, or exibitionist style hookup.

4. I don’t think she’d tell her friends if they were hooking up or dating because I think she compartmentalized and I don’t believe she had super close friends or she’d have been reported missing way earlier.

5. I think she liked to break all stereotypes and “live free”. Because of this I think a taboo relationship could have been attractive to her.

6. We don’t know much of her relationship with her parents. I can imagine that they knew some of her lifestyle. Her texting her mom to say she arrived at the airport is odd to me. It was 2am. I would not care as much to hear if the plane landed from my daughter, I’d want to know that she made it into her apartment/house from the parking lot or street at 3am—- if at all. Is my 23 yo really going to text me when she gets home every time she goes out and arrives home at 2 or 3 am? I don’t think so. Do I hope someone in her life knows where she is, yes... is that likely to be me? No. Did she have a need to turn off phone to disable locations? Possibly. Did she share an Apple ID with parents? Was she sharing her location with friends for safety and wanted to not be found and could easier explain a dead phone than location services off?

From there I am torn as to what happened next. I don’t believe his hooks on wall were for tourture but for his bdsm desires. I do believe if there was an accidental death that his fear, desire to stay in USA, exposure and desentization to brutality in killings could lead him to attempt to destroy evidence.
I do know the content of their texts would sway my opinion in this area.

I’m curious about several small details.

I have a single adult daughter who travels for her job. She texts me “home” when she arrives. I’m not interested in when her flight lands I can find that out online. I want to know she’s “home safe.”

ML’s relationship with her family was close enough that she sent a text when the flight landed...yet her family did not file a missing report until Thursday. This leads me to believe they thought she was “home safe” and going about her routine until she missed that exam.

I wonder if she texted that she was “home”...especially with her flight being delayed...the timing wouldn’t give her away. And I wonder if she didn’t shut off her phone herself. They would have assumed she was asleep.

I think this was a “business appointment” of some sort. ML was upfront, public, and seemingly proud of her achievement of earning money this way. But she may not have shared this part of her life with her more traditional family.

That last article says AA and ML last spoke at 6pm before her flight. Too soon even to be at the airport. So nothing was spur of the moment. ML had plenty of time to consider this meeting at the park. She had hours to ponder the place, the time, the person.

She had the option to not show up.

But she got the text/phone call done to her family...got them out of the way...and kept the agreement to meet AA...when she could have opted out at any time and told the Lyft to take her home.

But this meeting had some importance to her too. I don’t think, judging by her clothes, that it was romantic or even for friendly solace.

I believe it will be shown to have some money-making aspect to it.

She did not anticipate danger. Whether he premeditated to hurt/kill her, only more evidence can tell. But her online activities and demeanor show a woman confident in her own choices and in her own decisions on how to make additional money.
Just read your post after I posted and totally agree with parents and many of your thoughts. I wasn’t clear on the 6pm being the last text, I’ll have to go back and read. I think that is what AA said, but in reality they were texting at airport.

Just read your post after I posted and totally agree with parents and many of your thoughts. I wasn’t clear on the 6pm being the last text, I’ll have to go back and read. I think that is what AA said, but in reality they were texting at airport.

You are right. That may have been just what he told police. But your other point is excellent too. She was responding to him but ignored another supposedly close friend.

I think this may have something to do with film making. Or professional picture taking that she thought would benefit her ability to attract higher paying SDs.

https://ksltv.com/417555/friends-of-mackenzie-lueck-thank-police-push-for-changes/
Friends of slain University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck have commended the Salt Lake City Police Department’s work on the homicide investigation.

[...]

The group’s goal is to prevent something like this from happening again. They said they are in talks with North Salt Lake about cameras that don’t actually record, as was the case at the city’s Hatch Park, where Lueck was last seen alive.

Lueck’s friends said they will attend a city council meeting in North Salt Lake to discuss getting real cameras in place.

...If they didn't want their location known or to be tracked they've simply turned off their location/GPS settings etc.
SBM

I was surprised last year when I read Google stores your tracking info, “location history”, even when you disable it. Perhaps AA or KL knew this. Coincidentally, this has been in the news recently because Google has released info on how to really disable tracking.

AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not
Google Tracks Your Movements, Like it or Not. Aug 13, 1018

Edited to fix typos

I can tell you if you follow likes and comments on AA Own FB profile pics they will lead to other photographers. We aren’t able to post said links to WS or mention names. But their portfolios are quite interesting IMO. I hope that LE is not leaving any of those stones unturned. IMO.

I went back and looked at the Missing Posters and none of them mentioned what she was last seen wearing, which I think is interesting, as many Missing Persons posters go into great detail on all the clothing they were last seen in.

This makes me think after she retrieved her checked bag at luggage claim that perhaps she went in the bathroom and changed into something else. Perhaps this meeting with AA was planned before she even left on her trip back to California.

An airport certainly has video footage of her leaving the premises and getting into the Lyft. Why did they not use that footage? Perhaps the video wasn't as clear? Or they didn't want to show her in an outfit change? Or they didn't want to reveal any details on the Lyft car in case it was involved in the disappearance? At the very beg. of the investigation, surely the Lyft driver was the main person they were looking for.

What we do know is that ML was interested in capitalizing and monetizing her attractiveness. If she did meet AA on a dating website, what about him or his profile would she have found interesting? His modeling history or modeling "connections"? Now I'm beginning to think her incentive may have been "professional photos" or "professional videos" to increase her SB business.

Suppose ML was hoping to have some new pictures or videos taken for her business...and AA told her that he had a friend...true or not...that would do them cheap or for free. With an online business, the traffic one achieves and the “sales” are definitely connected to the quality of the photos you post. I would imagine this business is no different.

But you’d need to connect with someone who did the type of photography you needed. Maybe AA put himself forward as a guy who could do these photos or videos REALLY well...or a guy who knew someone who could. AA seems willing to promote himself in every possible way.

And MLwants to promote her business to make money

I agree with the thoughts previously posted...I think they arranged to meet for this purpose.

Then she had to cancel with the trip to the funeral. The texts with AA are to set up a new time. He accommodates her by fitting her in when she lands.

She tells her parents she’s “home.” Keeps the phone on in the L.yft...then shuts it off. Maybe she’s been told that the photographer...if he exists...wants this all hush hush. Maybe AA says...I’ll pick you up at the park and take you to him.

All speculation. But my gut tells me this meeting had a business angle that was important to ML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew