Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad they found her & arrested Sparks!! Her family & 4 kids deserve to put her properly at rest! Itll be interesting to find out what her C.O.D. was, was it accidental/ accidental OD/or more sinister than that? Was only sparks or were other 2 involved as well?
RIP Savannah, you deserved so much more beautiful girl!!

I'm so glad they found her & arrested Sparks!! Her family & 4 kids deserve to put her properly at rest! Itll be interesting to find out what her C.O.D. was, was it accidental/ accidental OD/or more sinister than that? Was only sparks or were other 2 involved as well?

Welcome to WS!

It’d take some amazingly powerful evidence to make me believe that it was accidental death. I always assume that when someone goes to this sort of trouble to conceal a body, it’s because they have a reason to conceal it. :(

Welcome to WS!

It’d take some amazingly powerful evidence to make me believe that it was accidental death. I always assume that when someone goes to this sort of trouble to conceal a body, it’s because they have a reason to conceal it. :(
I don't know... fear is pretty powerful. Even if this was an accidental OD (best case scenario, IMO, I guess unless you consider natural causes, which I don't), the person that concealed her body could be held responsible for her accidental OD, if it were proven he gave her the drugs, correct? That is much harder to prove months later.

I don't know... fear is pretty powerful. Even if this was an accidental OD (best case scenario, IMO, I guess unless you consider natural causes, which I don't), the person that concealed her body could be held responsible for her accidental OD, if it were proven he gave her the drugs, correct? That is much harder to prove months later.

I don’t know the Kentucky laws, but I’d think that someone who supplied her with drugs that led to an OD could be charged with something. But you’re right—proving things may be difficult. Or maybe easy. The autopsy may show that she died of something that’s impossible to explain away as an accident.

Welcome to WS!

I've always thought accidental, however, I'm on the fence at this point as in, are we looking at a hints of a Bill Cosby style thing that went really bad, or were they all just partying and it went bad.

I'd have to doubt it was accidental or why would there be such great lengths to bury her secretly rather than coming straight out? And yes, she definitely deserved a lot better than the cards she was dealt!
Welcome to WS

With the od scenario, I just keep thinking he could of left her anywhere and still said that she had left that morning so must of took something else where, or something no?? I just get the feeling he went to alot of trouble to cover up an accident. I don't buy it.

I'd have to doubt it was accidental or why would there be such great lengths to bury her secretly rather than coming straight out? And yes, she definitely deserved a lot better than the cards she was dealt!
Welcome to WS
I really want to know the line of questioning/answers the other two gave for that evening/morning. JMO

It’s been a while, so trying to refresh my memory. Sparks didn’t live with his parents when Savannah went missing. But moved in with them afterwards?
But they searched his parents place earlier. So did he put her body at his parents?
Why would he do that? In your parents backyard? :(
And he hid her so well his parents and LE never saw anything different or disturbed earth/dirt/etc.

Many of you sleuthers have been here with SS right from the beginning - but I see there is not a media thread for her - I realize it's a bit late, but do you all think this would be helpful going forward?

I have saved the articles and pictures and video captures from the beginning.

Savannah Spurlock Case Archive:

Savannah Spurlock -KY- by amanda reckonwith

I don’t know the Kentucky laws, but I’d think that someone who supplied her with drugs that led to an OD could be charged with something. But you’re right—proving things may be difficult. Or maybe easy. The autopsy may show that she died of something that’s impossible to explain away as an accident.

I think we actually talked about it early on in the threads but they definitely can be charged. KY has a Good Samaritan law that keeps people from getting in trouble when reporting an OD. However, not long ago, they also started federally charging people who were proven to be the source of drugs that caused the OD. Typically, it’s used for dealers. There were a few stories around the state not long before Savannah disappeared about dealers and at least one dr being charged federally for OD’s.

Re the odor:

If it had been present for a long time, don’t you think it’s likely a neighbor would’ve smelled it too? Or a visitor to the home? Or delivery person, repair person, mail carrier, just random person driving by? Assuming most neighbors knew this property had been searched, knew the son was one of the last people seen with her and shared in suspicion she was still on the property. It hard to imagine the homeowner just noticed the odor and no one nearby reported it.

Could it be that the container she was in had been sealed and undisturbed until recently, thus releasing the odor now?

Welcome to WS!

BBM

Excellent post, wary !
I've also thought this in the cases of Ayla Reynolds, DeOrr Kunz Jr., Cedrick Jackson, and others.
If the death was natural causes, then why the secrecy ?

I wish Savannah could've been discovered sooner.
Sorry for her family to have to wait so long because of the perp's cruelty !

“were located concealed in an unnatural position beneath the ground,” according to the arrest citation. BBM
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232533842.html

I read the forensic definition of unnatural position or abnormal position when a body is discovered or uncovered, and found it quite revealing, and fascinating. First, I didn't know that description was one used by forensic death investigators, and I always enjoy learning something new.

Anyway pretty much the body is in a position that defies gravity when found. Example. The body wasn't laying flat down on the back or face down, but placed in an abnormal position with certain extremities or limbs in an abnormal position which would defy gravity.

Lividity plays a large part in determining unnatural positions it seems because of gravity the lividity pooling in the muscle, and tissue, etc. would be found on the remains closest to the ground in a normal expected position correlating with how the body was found.

Such as if the body was placed on it's back then lividity should always be found on the backside of the victim. Also all extremities should be also in that position whether placed face down, face up or on its side. Etc.

In forensics in abnormal positioned bodies the lividity or extremities does not line up with the way the body was positioned when found.

At least that is what I understood from reading the forensic definition specifically used by MEs or death investigators when determining whether its unnatural or abnormal positioning of discovered remains vs. normal expected positioning that lines up with exactly how the body was found.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member