Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is known. SS left bar with 3 men. She was seen on camera at Price Court. I assume she was with the 3 men at this location. If something happened to her at Price Court, which has close neighbors, burying her there would not be practical. She was found on Fall Lick road. DS was basically charged with moving her body.

Yah thats the gist of it

just to add there has been an MSM article that was linked earlier that stated that a neighbors security camera showed SS entering the Price Court residence but not leaving.

To me this says they also know when the three men came and went as well and will or likely already has indicated to investigators who all may have had involvement

JMO

Last edited:
snipped
SS’s phone was last pinged at 8:30 a.m. the morning she disappeared and was not turned on since, police said.

The home where SS was found had been searched at least once before, Purdy said. Investigators are still working to determine when SS’s body was placed there.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/kentucky/article232535447.html#storylink=cpy

If the others said she left on foot from one of their homes, but somehow ended up dead on this property - it seems to me the others may be more involved and we may see additional charges IMO. I'm glad to see they are working on when she was placed there - at least according to this article.

Yah thats the gist of it

just to add there has been an MSM article that was linked earlier that stated that a neighbors security camera showed SS entering the Price Court residence but not leaving.

To me this says they also know when the three men came and went as well and will or likely already has indicated to investigators who all may have had involvement

JMO

I wonder how DS moved her from price court to fall lick without showing that on camera as well.

I need to go back and look at the images of the outbuilding behind the house. At our old farm we had an orchard and raised most of our vegetables for the year. Inside our outbuildings, we dug holes and put non working chest freezers inside them. When the freezers were closed, the lid was level with the top of the dirt floor. We stored our apples, potatoes, cabbages etc. in these freezers. Our grandparents did the same. A lot of old timers did it using different containers for the storage. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar situation in that outbuilding if it has a dirt floor in it. If the container was no longer used, it would be simple to stack tools or whatever on top of it and no one would know it was there. All JMO.
Super interesting and relevant. Thanks for sharing.

With the od scenario, I just keep thinking he could of left her anywhere and still said that she had left that morning so must of took something else where, or something no?? I just get the feeling he went to alot of trouble to cover up an accident. I don't buy it.

If you call for an ambulance when someone is ODing it wouldn't mean you did anything wrong. Even if you did drugs together that doesn't mean you are guilty if you get help. If you wake up and find someone dead in your house, and they weren't drugged, raped or actually murdered, why cover that up? Decomp seems like a way to hide what actually happened.

I have my suspicions that people around him were highly suspicious of him and had been for a little while.

It sounds like someone's attorney contacted the police about the "smell". Is that normal? Is that a way to protect their identity from DS's family or is there more to it than just smelling something?

It sounds like someone's attorney contacted the police about the "smell". Is that normal? Is that a way to protect their identity from DS's family or is there more to it than just smelling something?

As I understand it, the man who owned the property, who is the father of the guy who’s been arrested, contacted his attorney, who then called the police. His name has been released by MSM, but I forget the initials.

Seems normal enough to me, considering the circumstances.

MOO

As I understand it, the man who owned the property, who is the father of the guy who’s been arrested, contacted his attorney, who then called the police. His name has been released by MSM, but I forget the initials.

Seems normal enough to me, considering the circumstances.

MOO

That explains him involving an attorney. I thought maybe it was a neighbor or friend that either saw heard ,or maybe smelled something, and wanted to make sure they were protected. Good for that dad for not covering up for his kid.

" Sandra Hasty's son Michael Gorley disappeared four years ago. She started a missing and murdered Facebook page and hosts a yearly vigil for others with similar stories. After hearing that Savannah Spurlock's body was identified Thursday after a six-month investigation, Hasty has new hope that her son's case will also be solved.

Gorley is one of the many missing people or unsolved cases in the area. His mother's Facebook page lists hundreds of people from all over Kentucky and their stories of heartache.

Hasty said she stayed up and watched coverage of the human remains found in Garrard County Wednesday night, then was glued to the coverage Thursday when Spurlock's identity was revealed. "I cried. I actually cried all night. Because all I could think about was her family and her children," said Hasty. "It just broke my heart. It's a sad situation but the family can lay her to rest."

Hasty has stayed in close contact with Spurlock's family. Her father even came to one of Hasty's recent vigils. She says that is the key, people with similar stories gaining strength from each other. Hasty also had a message for those wanting to conceal what they have done. "The longer you make a family suffer, the worse it's going to be for you.""

Savannah Spurlock's discovery gives hope to others with missing loved ones

I believe LE when they said a tip came in that led them to the property. We now know who called in the tip, and who owns the property.

I haven't seen anything saying the odor being smelled when the tip was called in wasn't true. In fact I do believe it was in fact true.

Why the odor was able to be smelled months later will be determined by the investigators in the ongoing investigation. There are many variables why it may have been emitting an odor months later. LE will determine why.

I do not believe a SW was even needed because IMO the property owner allowed them to search without one.

Now they may have gotten one to make sure all evidence removed from the scene will not have any reason to be contested by this suspect's defense attorney as the case progresses.

But there is no reason to believe the odor being smelled wasn't a legitiment tip.

An aside: I believe the ME removed SS inside the sealed container to make sure they also had soil samples with the remains which are very important in knowing how long she had been in that particular area. This can be determined by the bug, and insect infestation even if some were dead. It's a valuable tool often used in investigations like this by the ME when the victim is found below the surface.

They also can determine if there are different soils in the grave that isn't in that area, but is typically seen in another area.

The environment changes the soil depending on where it is, and when the vegetation, trees etc. are different for different areas. The soil composite can change even in areas relatively close to each other.

Imo

As DP was the primary suspect (according to LE) residing on the property where an attorney called in a tip, I don't care if the property owner rapped his consent, -- no way LE was going to excavate and/or exhume human remains without first securing a search warrant!

MOO

Last edited:
To me it looked like a tent was erected outside near the shed/garage type structure. There was helicopter footage from WKYT.

Unfortunately now all the articles have been updated and I can’t seem to find that aerial footage.

Seems they found her extremely fast which leaves me wondering if she was buried, how did they exhume the body so quickly? From the time they got the search warrant to leaving the house was a little over an hour.

News crews on the scene noted they seemed to be focused on the garage type structure.

Twitter

I believe what you thought was a tent was actually the roof of a white LE van parked along the shed/garage structure outside.

I'm also wondering if there was a root or storm cellar on the property where the body was concealed. This would be easier to exhume from than if buried deep in the ground.

Also, I think it would better explain speed at which remains were recovered.

MOO

Last edited:
Many of you sleuthers have been here with SS right from the beginning - but I see there is not a media thread for her - I realize it's a bit late, but do you all think this would be helpful going forward?
Even after SS recovered, still only one page thread. Maybe a Trial thread. JMO

Last edited:
I need to go back and look at the images of the outbuilding behind the house. At our old farm we had an orchard and raised most of our vegetables for the year. Inside our outbuildings, we dug holes and put non working chest freezers inside them. When the freezers were closed, the lid was level with the top of the dirt floor. We stored our apples, potatoes, cabbages etc. in these freezers. Our grandparents did the same. A lot of old timers did it using different containers for the storage. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar situation in that outbuilding if it has a dirt floor in it. If the container was no longer used, it would be simple to stack tools or whatever on top of it and no one would know it was there. All JMO.
Exactly why I think a chest freezer was involved. The perp moved back home and could have had a chest freezer in his apartment. That would not look suspicious on camera as he was moving out. Then he gets to his parents house, which has already been searched, and puts the freezer in the shed. Who helped him move? His brother? A moving company?

Hi there.

I think we all know that, but I'm at a loss what that has to do with the forensic definition differences between normal, and unnatural or abnormal positioning?

Imoo

I was also curious about use of the words "body found in unnatural position" and found some history under "Principles and Practices of Medical Jurisprudence."

What stuck with me was the position body found could only be explained on the supposition of murderous interference.

Incompatible with an accident or suicide.

I think about a victim that dies while defending themselves -- fist clenched, maybe even with a handful of hair. Even if the body moved, the posture at moment of death can be preserved and passes to rigidity. I've also read where screaming victims body recovered with jaw fixed open.

What is the phrase-- "dead bodies tell no lies."

I agree, ME used that aged description for a reason.

MOO

I understand.

But for me at least I always pay very close attention to the terminology used in every case.

Its said because it is a significant finding, and in this case it was said because it has significance to the investigation/investigators.

Imo how she was found was not typical in what LE normally sees.

What that forensic terminology means to the investigators will be further determined as more investigation uncovers more evidence supporting it.

It was not said for nothing imo. There is a forensic difference in an unnatural position. Imo LE knew when observing the remains she was in an unnatural position instead of what is normally seen with buried bodies.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Jmho

This is going to sound gruesome but if she was mutilated or cut up to fit in something that would be unnatural. I don't know if that is a position though. Folded up to fit into a suitcase or fridge or some container would probably require forcing a body to fit and wouldn't be natural. It sounds like the remains were somewhere that protected them from animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid