Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question that likely has been discussed before but I'm still wondering about it. What were the circumstances of her murder? MOO is that SS met the guys at the bar and they seemed fun. She didn't want to leave when her friend left. She felt comfortable enough to leave with them. It doesn't seem premeditated does it? Probably a spontaneous meeting and decision to ask her home. Two of the men leave at some point? A sexual encounter with suspect goes way wrong and he kills her to cover up a rape or attempted rape? He never tells the others what he did but they suspect since he was last with her? MOO

At Thursday’s KSP press conference, during Q&A, specifically asked what the term meant “found in unnatural position”. JMO, but spokesperson looked a bit confused, like he wasn’t aware of that description being provided to media. His response made it sound to be insignificant, remains not found in normal or natural setting such as in a cemetery, inside a casket. Curious how anyone else perceived.

I perceived it like I do when others have had PCs, and whoever is talking really is not the one who is working the case nor knows the details like the lead investigators would know when she was being uncovered because they were the ones who actually saw the unnatural position when the one talking to the press wasn't present.

Imo, he wasnt at the scene to see the unnatural position she was found in.

Have they released the SW affidavit? If not, when released that forensic terminology will be in it. It will also be included in the terminology of the completed AP by the ME.

Just because he wasn't aware of what it means most assuredly detectives, death investigators, and MEs do know why it was applied to this case.

I still think at first she was encased in something that contorted her body, and when moved she was buried in the same unnatural position, and when she was found she was still in that unnatural position.

Imo, that is why LE has said they are trying to determine how long she had been there. Imo, they do not believe she has been there the entire time after she was murdered.

It was when they saw the unnatural position of SSs remains that made them think her body may have been elsewhere for a time before being found on this particular piece of property. Did he have helped in concealing the body before he brought it to this property? That's what LE is going to determine one way or the other.

When placed on the property she may have still been in a frozen state in that unnatural position.

He certainly wouldn't care how her body may have been contorted at the time. His goal was to conceal her body from being found.

In the end, I think by burying her in an unnatural position it may be what helps LE to learned if others were involved in helping conceal it if they can determine she wasnt there the entire time.

Like I mentioned yesterday LE always collects soil samples, and collects all bug, and insect infestation found around, and on the remains. It's the best way they determine how long the body has actually been in that particular location.

Which makes logical sense to me that he did not place her there immediately after murdering SS knowing it would possibly be searched.

Since she was never seen leaving the original home he had to have transported SSs body out where it wouldnt be seen like in a large cooler or large suitcase.

I think she was kept inside of whatever he put her in initially when secreting her out of his house, he then kept her in it for awhile in in the frigid cold weather.

Imo he then later on transported her body inside that same container to where she was finally found. She was still in that unnatural position when he finally buried her under the ground.

Imo

Last edited:
So if she was found with her hands and or feet bound that would be a pretty unnatural position wouldn’t it?
I think any position the body would have been in would be unnatural. There is likely no way he could have left the body in a natural position after putting it in a container unless it was the right size for a human body.
How big was the container? I doubt it was large enough to arrange her body in any kind of natural position, and I'm thinking he probably didn't try. Imo

Question that likely has been discussed before but I'm still wondering about it. What were the circumstances of her murder? MOO is that SS met the guys at the bar and they seemed fun. She didn't want to leave when her friend left. She felt comfortable enough to leave with them. It doesn't seem premeditated does it? Probably a spontaneous meeting and decision to ask her home. Two of the men leave at some point? A sexual encounter with suspect goes way wrong and he kills her to cover up a rape or attempted rape? He never tells the others what he did but they suspect since he was last with her? MOO

They still haven’t released much since the very beginning but what you said is pretty much all we know. Her female friend came out that night and they got a call from a male friend. The two decided to go to Lexington with him and go out. The guy had to leave early and the female friend was ready to go but Savannah wanted to stay. They got into an argument and they left. I don’t know if Savannah had met the three guys prior to that night, prior to that argument, or afterwards. According to the conversations and what her family and friend have said in the media, she didn’t appear as if she was distressed during the phone call or FaceTime with her mom. The guys were even caught on FaceTime being loud and obnoxious in the car. I agree that it doesn’t come across as premeditated.

I think any position the body would have been in would be unnatural. There is likely no way he could have left the body in a natural position after putting it in a container unless it was the right size for a human body.
How big was the container? I doubt it was large enough to arrange her body in any kind of natural position, and I'm thinking he probably didn't try. Imo

They haven’t said what she was buried in yet. They were seen carrying out a large, long metal container. It almost reminds me of something you’d find in a morgue but I don’t know if it belonged to the coroner or if it’s what she was buried in. I just assumed it’s what they used to transport her to Frankfort but others have mentioned that she could’ve been buried in that. If that’s the case, it was large enough to fit her whole body. I really don’t think that’s what she was buried in though.

It was David Sparks who said she left on foot.
Do you have a link to that information? I don't remember that level of detail being released (only that it was reported she left there on foot), but it's entirely likely I just missed it; I know you catalog the articles so probably have a better recollection than I do.

They haven’t said what she was buried in yet. They were seen carrying out a large, long metal container. It almost reminds me of something you’d find in a morgue but I don’t know if it belonged to the coroner or if it’s what she was buried in. I just assumed it’s what they used to transport her to Frankfort but others have mentioned that she could’ve been buried in that. If that’s the case, it was large enough to fit her whole body. I really don’t think that’s what she was buried in though.
Oh, ok, thanks. I'm just trying to catch up after just finding out her body was found and an arrest has been made.
So relieved that her family can finally bring her home after these long agonizing months.

I would think they would carry her body out in one of those body bags, unless they used something else in order to preserve evidence.

Either way, I would still think it's not unusual that her body would be found in an unnatural position. If he dug a hole and put the body in the earth he would have probably left it as it landed.

I wonder if there will soon be more arrrests. Her family deserves to know what happened to her. Imo

I am wondering if David was staying in a room in the garage building. It looks like it may have been set up as a sleeping room
and maybe even a detached apartment-type setup for adults who move back home.
I'll show you in pics. Bear with me because I am brain-dead as to how to put pictures on WS.

7/10/19 a large police response to a previously searched property on Fall Lick Rd. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.
See the window has an AC unitin the left side of the garage.
7/10/19 a good view of the garage with an attached room.
The police open doors. First, the large garage door, then the inside white door.
7/10/19
7/10/19 Officials went directly to the garage building.
https://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/media/Savannah Spurlock -KY-/071019.garage.1_zps7mlzk0nr.jpg.html?o=10

And they next thing is CSI going in with suits.
7/10/19 outfitted CSI team heads into the garage.

And shortly after that they bring her out.
7/10/19 Savannahs remains have been placed into a metal container to be examined by the coroner.

Apologies for all the clicking you have to do to see these.

Last edited:
Didn't at least one of them leave the house early? I can't remember all the details now.

I don't have a link, just memory, but I think the other 2 unnamed guys left (the Price Court house). Savannah could have been alive or dead at that point, and since it was his house, David had to get the body out of there. I have absolutely no theory of what/who killed her.

I would think most victims are found in graves laid out fully on their back, face down or on their sides where the position found is consistent with what is usually seen.

Imo this one was neither of those or what is typically seen.

Imo the police are going to trace back how long she was in the container, and how long her body had been in it before it was found in this location.

They are also going to investigate who may have helped him conceal her ..if anyone once she was encased in some kind of container right after she was murdered, and before she was transported.

I know I'm in a minority when I believe the forensic definition used actually means something significant to those who were there at the scene at the time she was seen, and removed.

Imo the person giving press interviews in most cases were not there at the scene at the time all was being observed by the actual investigators.

Even when Sheriffs speak out they are just department heads, and aren't the ones who actually were on the scene at the time, and did not actually see the body being recovered for themselves.

In fact some times I believe this is purposefully done so when ask about the details... they dont want to divulge... the person talking can honestly tell the press they arent aware of this or that. I've seen this happen on many other occasions.

Who originally told the press the body was found in an unnatural position? Tia

Anyway my opinion remains the same even though I know the majority disagree ...which of course is perfectly okay.

I've held minority opinions in several other cases, and I've have never had to regret my minority held opinion on any of the cases. I can only be true to my own held opinion, and honestly hold what I believe to be true.

The unnatural position SS was found to be in is a highly significant finding, and we are going to learn much more about it when the ME testifies at the suspect's preliminary hearing or at trial.

Homicide detectives, FBI assisting agents, and MEs observe buried murdered victims all of the time in various conditions.

Imo, So when they said she was found in an unnatural position it was a highly, and unusual position most buried victims are not found in these circumstances by LE.

I won't continue to post my firmly held opinion about this particular matter any further.

I'm not expressing this opinion to change anyone else's opinion anyway, but to express only my own based on following murder cases for almost four decades now.

Take care everyone, and have a great weekend.

Imoo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads