Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think most victims are found in graves laid out fully on their back, face down or on their sides where the position found is consistent with what is usually seen.

Imo this one was neither of those or what is typically seen.

Imo the police are going to trace back how long she was in the container, and how long her body had been in it before it was found in this location.

They are also going to investigate who may have helped him conceal her ..if anyone once she was encased in some kind of container right after she was murdered, and before she was transported.

I know I'm in a minority when I believe the forensic definition used actually means something significant to those who were there at the scene at the time she was seen, and removed.

Imo the person giving press interviews in most cases were not there at the scene at the time all was being observed by the actual investigators.

Even when Sheriffs speak out they are just department heads, and aren't the ones who actually were on the scene at the time, and did not actually see the body being recovered for themselves.

In fact some times I believe this is purposefully done so when ask about the details... they dont want to divulge... the person talking can honestly tell the press they arent aware of this or that. I've seen this happen on many other occasions.

Who originally told the press the body was found in an unnatural position? Tia

Anyway my opinion remains the same even though I know the majority disagree ...which of course is perfectly okay.

I've held minority opinions in several other cases, and I've have never had to regret my minority held opinion on any of the cases. I can only be true to my own held opinion, and honestly hold what I believe to be true.

The unnatural position SS was found to be in is a highly significant finding, and we are going to learn much more about it when the ME testifies at the suspect's preliminary hearing or at trial.

Homicide detectives, FBI assisting agents, and MEs observe buried murdered victims all of the time in various conditions.

Imo, So when they said she was found in an unnatural position it was a highly, and unusual position most buried victims are not found in these circumstances by LE.

I won't continue to post my firmly held opinion about this particular matter any further.

I'm not expressing this opinion to change anyone else's opinion anyway, but to express only my own based on following murder cases for almost four decades now.

Take care everyone, and have a great weekend.

Imoo
Yes, bodies are usually in that position when buried in graves, but that is when a properly sized hole is dug out.
He may have only dug a hole just large enough to fit her body instead of the standard size that is required for a proper burial.

If her body was kept in a container, then it may have been contorted into an unusual position, or she may have died in an unusual position to begin with. If her hands and legs were bound, for example, and she was buried that way.

Without more details, it's hard to say whether the body position is relevant or not. Imo

I apologize for being dense, but the link takes me to a photo that is illegible on my desktop. I can't find the "magnifier symbol" that the desktop page suggests the reader use. I can't even read the source to try to find the article myself. Please let me know how to find the magnifier you've suggested the reader use. Thanks for any assistance! (When I select the link on mobile, it just takes me to a portion of that picture (I think) and I can't scroll.)

Edited to add: I've zoomed using my mouse, and using the Chrome magnifier in the url bar, but the article is illegible. Is there another way to zoom that makes the article legible?

Edited again: I think this is a link to the actual article you have photographed.
Savannah Spurlock Case: What to Know About Kentucky Mom Found Dead After Leaving Bar With 3 Men

I do not find anywhere in that article that states that Sparks is the person that said she left on foot. What it does say is, "One of the men with whom Savannah was last seen told police she left the home “later that morning,” but did not specify how she left. Police said they have been unable to confirm his account."

Last edited:
I apologize for being dense, but the link takes me to a photo that is illegible on my desktop. I can't find the "magnifier symbol" that the desktop page suggests the reader use. I can't even read the source to try to find the article myself. Please let me know how to find the magnifier you've suggested the reader use. Thanks for any assistance! (When I select the link on mobile, it just takes me to a portion of that picture (I think) and I can't scroll.)

Edited to add: I've zoomed using my mouse, and using the Chrome magnifier in the url bar, but the article is illegible. Is there another way to zoom that makes the article legible?

Edited again: I think this is a link to the actual article you have photographed.
Savannah Spurlock Case: What to Know About Kentucky Mom Found Dead After Leaving Bar With 3 Men

I do not find anywhere in that article that states that Sparks is the person that said she left on foot. What it does say is, "One of the men with whom Savannah was last seen told police she left the home “later that morning,” but did not specify how she left. Police said they have been unable to confirm his account."
I can read the article and don’t see a mention of Sparks being the one to say Savannah left on foot. I never recall them specifically saying which man said it. I only recall them stating that the men say she left on foot. I think specific information will come out later.

Question that likely has been discussed before but I'm still wondering about it. What were the circumstances of her murder? MOO is that SS met the guys at the bar and they seemed fun. She didn't want to leave when her friend left. She felt comfortable enough to leave with them. It doesn't seem premeditated does it? Probably a spontaneous meeting and decision to ask her home. Two of the men leave at some point? A sexual encounter with suspect goes way wrong and he kills her to cover up a rape or attempted rape? He never tells the others what he did but they suspect since he was last with her? MOO
Hate to speculate but I bet it was combo of a strong guy with a temper, drugs/alcohol, and something that angered him.

Oh, ok, thanks. I'm just trying to catch up after just finding out her body was found and an arrest has been made.
So relieved that her family can finally bring her home after these long agonizing months.

I would think they would carry her body out in one of those body bags, unless they used something else in order to preserve evidence.

Either way, I would still think it's not unusual that her body would be found in an unnatural position. If he dug a hole and put the body in the earth he would have probably left it as it landed.

I wonder if there will soon be more arrrests. Her family deserves to know what happened to her. Imo

I thought she would’ve been brought out in a body bag as well. I think that’s why I just assumed the metal container was from the coroner. I just assumed they used that instead of a bag due to how far along decomp was or to try and keep her in whatever she was initially buried in. I’m
having trouble finding a picture of it now. It reminded me almost of what they put a casket inside of before putting it in the ground. I’ve only ever seen one like it once, and it was when my grandmother passed away a couple years ago. They couldn’t bury her that day at the cemetery so they put her casket in this metal container thing.

Savannah would’ve been pretty far along in the decomp process. I’m not sure moving her around a whole lot and trying to get her into a bag would’ve been easy to do without losing tissue and keeping every thing intact.

I’m curious if there will be additional arrests too. I also wonder if they’ll end up adding some extra charges once they’re finished with the official autopsy report.

I’m glad her family is getting to finally have a funeral and lay her to rest. Nobody deserves to be discarded the way she was :(
Obituary for Savannah Marie Spurlock at Oldham, Roberts & Powell Funeral Home

Thanks for finding that article, I couldn't find it either at the other link.
It doesn't name the man who said she left on foot, but I thought I remember that one or both of the other men left the house early in the morning, which would leave Sparks being the one still there. But I don't know if it was ever verified, I thought none of their whereabouts were actually confirmed. But that was months ago so I would have to go back and search for articles.
I know one man left the bar in a separate car, so maybe he left the house earlier.

Either way I would find it hard to believe they did not have any knowledge of what happened, and of course they could have been involved as well. I guess we will have to wait and see if there is any more news or any more arrests. Imo

I thought she would’ve been brought out in a body bag as well. I think that’s why I just assumed the metal container was from the coroner. I just assumed they used that instead of a bag due to how far along decomp was or to try and keep her in whatever she was initially buried in. I’m
having trouble finding a picture of it now. It reminded me almost of what they put a casket inside of before putting it in the ground. I’ve only ever seen one like it once, and it was when my grandmother passed away a couple years ago. They couldn’t bury her that day at the cemetery so they put her casket in this metal container thing.

Savannah would’ve been pretty far along in the decomp process. I’m not sure moving her around a whole lot and trying to get her into a bag would’ve been easy to do without losing tissue and keeping every thing intact.

I’m curious if there will be additional arrests too. I also wonder if they’ll end up adding some extra charges once they’re finished with the official autopsy report.

I’m glad her family is getting to finally have a funeral and lay her to rest. Nobody deserves to be discarded the way she was :(
Obituary for Savannah Marie Spurlock at Oldham, Roberts & Powell Funeral Home
Yeah, I just saw the picture of the metal container and it looks clean, not at all like it was underground.
So it's very possible that they used it to transfer her body.
I'm not sure what condition it would be in, that probably depends on a lot of things. I know that in the final stages of decomposition, the organs and flesh become liquefied but I'm sure after six months it would be much different. Maybe that's how they transfer a body in that condition. Imo

Last edited:
I take the ‘just means that someone disposed of her’ side of the argument about what ‘unnatural position’ means. Here’s an example I just ran across. It’s a totally unrelated case:

A skeleton is found wrapped in a tarp, inside a black plastic bag. Run over by a mowing machine.

He said foul play is suspected because of the way the body was positioned.

One might say that it was an unnatural position....one that makes it unlikely that the death was suicide, or natural death, or misadventure.

Foul play suspected in discovery of human remains in wooded area

With the large container they bought out at first I was like oh gosh, everyone was saying it's his tool box etc, but after a few things were pointed out I've made these assumptions... all jmo.. Well the police wasn't wearing gloves when they bought it out so I don't think it is something she was initially in also saying that, I think they would have made more of an effort to hide it if it had been what she had been found in.. I just don't see them letting every one see that sort of thing straight away, also as someone said, with respect, I don't think it would be easy to put remains in to a body bag after a certain amount of time, as respectfully as I can say I doubt its sturdy enough to transport and preserve without causing more damage. Can no one recall seeing a box like that in any other case? I know I haven't, but I haven't followed many like this.

Something else to keep in mind, how does an unnatural body position prove that SS was moved around and placed at fall lick months later after death? The answer is we have no idea! she may very well have been placed there much later, but what has been released is not an indication of that imo.

This guy was renting a small home in Lancaster and moved home to his parents home shortly after SS disappearance.

There are numerous possible reasons that the smell may not have been reported to authorities until much later

The most plausible is that it was extremely cold around the time of her disappearance. Additionaly its possible a seal was broken in a manner that it was now releasing gasses and making concealment much more difficult

Its likely the person charged panicked and disposed of SS on a property that he had control over and was familiar with after she died, likely mere days later.

There was a reason that LE focused on that particular property early and a location that SS was not last seen at on Fall lick rd ( as it was the price court property that she was seen on neighbors security cameras) which was almost certainly based on cell phone data IMO

Cases where a suspect moved a body to various places and ultimately placed a body later after months had passed and could be linked back to them are extremely rare as @MassGuy stated earlier

the simplest answer is almost certainly the most likely IMO

Last edited:
Yeah, I just saw the picture of the metal container and it looks clean, not at all like it was underground.
So it's very possible that they used it to transfer her body.
I'm not sure what condition it would be in, that probably depends on a lot of things. I know that in the final stages of decomposition, the organs and flesh become liquefied but I'm sure after six months it would be much different. Maybe that's how they transfer a body in that condition. Imo

Yah the container that SS was removed and loaded in to an investigators vehicle was almost certainly not a container that she was buried in, as it had handles and appeared to be that with which one would likely expect to be something that an ME would use

personally I think MSM made some speculation in regards to the medical examiners crate that they observed leaving the property
JMO

Last edited:
Re the odor:

If it had been present for a long time, don’t you think it’s likely a neighbor would’ve smell0ed it too? Or a visitor to the home? Or delivery person, repair person, mail carrier, just random person driving by? Assuming most neighbors knew this property had been searched, knew the son was one of the last people seen with her and shared in suspicion she was still on the property. It hard to imagine the homeowner just noticed the odor and no one nearby reported it.

Could it be that the container she was in had been sealed and undisturbed until recently, thus releasing the odor now?

Thank you all for welcoming me. I've been a lurker here for few years now but just made account to comment recently.

I'm thinking it could be because of this recent heat wave that Ohio/Ky have had. It was very cool & rained almost every day from April-June this year. Most days were dreary, rainy and in the 50s/low to mid 60s in daytime! It just starting getting in the 80's & 90's maybe 3 weeks ago with high humidity like summer has. I'm thinking that might've made smell much worse after 90 degree weather hit & ground warming up. Also I'm sure when it finally quit raining and warmed up that more people would be getting out in their yards more mowing, people out for walks, Etc.. Moo

Do you have a link to that information? I don't remember that level of detail being released (only that it was reported she left there on foot), but it's entirely likely I just missed it; I know you catalog the articles so probably have a better recollection than I do.

I believe recent reports (including Inside Edition) since Savannah remains recovered may be citing that a man, assumed to be DS, told police SS left on foot but that is not what was reported early in the investigation by MSM.

Jan 21, 2019

The three men wanted for questioning were later identified and found by police in Garrard County, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported. Richardson said that police stopped a black, Chevy S-10 pickup truck that one of the men was driving. Police were able to identify the man and get the names of the two others.

Richardson said the three men were questioned by police but no charges were filed.

Elaine Moore, one of Spurlock's aunts, told the newspaper that the men told police Spurlock had left on [one] of their homes in Garrard County on foot. Moore said that Spurlock spoke to her mother around 2:30 a.m. when she was leaving the bar and told her that she would be home in a few hours.

Kentucky police searching for Savannah Spurlock, 22-year-old last seen leaving bar with two men

Jan 28, 2019

“We haven’t released anything in regards to our suspicions. All we have said is we are looking for her,” Richardson said. “Of course, any time someone has been gone this long, it worries us."
[...]
Authorities declined to comment on the details of where and when the three men say they last saw Savannah.

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock

Last edited:
Thanks for finding that article, I couldn't find it either at the other link.
It doesn't name the man who said she left on foot, but I thought I remember that one or both of the other men left the house early in the morning, which would leave Sparks being the one still there. But I don't know if it was ever verified, I thought none of their whereabouts were actually confirmed. But that was months ago so I would have to go back and search for articles.
I know one man left the bar in a separate car, so maybe he left the house earlier.

Either way I would find it hard to believe they did not have any knowledge of what happened, and of course they could have been involved as well. I guess we will have to wait and see if there is any more news or any more arrests. Imo

I’m still looking for the reference to who said she left on foot ...

This is absolutely a critical point. If the other two didn’t say she walked away & stick to that story then David Sparks is probably the only one responsible IMO.

Police reveal missing Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock was taken to rural home

Feb. 04, 2019 - 1:33 - Three men that the missing Kentucky mom was seen leaving a Lexington bar with, tell police Savannah Spurlock left the unidentified rural home by herself on the morning of January 5; Matt Finn reports.

News video clip at link:

Police reveal missing Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock was taken to rural home

I’m on vacation and finally just made it to the end of this thread... I’m both so heartbroken but so happy to read this news. I think justice will help (at least a little) in such a horrifying situation. I feel so much for her family and loved ones that have pushed so hard for answers.
I think there are so many variables and that it’s possible that the dad really didn’t make the connection of the smell until very recently.
I feel so bad for his parents- cannot even imagine their feelings right now and how they’re going to cope with this as well. So happy they did the right thing for Savannah’s loved ones.
I hope he cracks and gives up all the information needed for conviction and/or clearing other individuals associated with this case.
I also believe that she was likely buried in a shallow grave and something put on top- might take much longer for the smell also depending if the sheds floor stayed a relatively cool temperature like a root cellar.
I think that they used the metal box for her remains to try to keep the dirt and other particles/residue etc. intact for forensic evaluation.
I hope for LE and community that it’s easy to figure out just how much knowledge or involvement the other 2 men had, of course I’m so hopeful they’re oblivious to what happened..
MOO!

Last edited:

Elaine Moore, one of Spurlock's aunts, told the newspaper that the men told police Spurlock had left on [one] of their homes in Garrard County on foot. Moore said that Spurlock spoke to her mother around 2:30 a.m. when she was leaving the bar and told her that she would be home in a few hours.

Kentucky police searching for Savannah Spurlock, 22-year-old last seen leaving bar with two men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname