Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the Renner interview of the sheriff.

For quite some time I’ve thought Libby either threw or lost her cellphone while crossing the creek. That would also explain why it appeared to ring when DG arrived and also why KG didn’t hear it ring while calling Libby’s phone during the early search.

If so, between what was recorded beforehand, the location of the bodies and the autopsy results etc LE would still have a very good indication of a timeline to support exactly what transpired.

That is definitely not what I meant by "rumor." I thought I'd clarified several times that the post was real-the "rumor" being that the post meant the writers had something to do with the murders. I haven't seen anyone on here stating that the whole thing was made up. My past 5 posts have literally been explaining that the post really happened.

I may have started some of this confusion. Earlier in the thread I said that when I saw the screen shot of the post I questioned its veracity due to the source.

In my amateur opinion, too risky. She may say things that will serve the defense in the future. Communications to the public should be well orchestrated and approved by LE, not some well intended young woman’s live YouTube. Very bad idea.

Let’s hear from any criminal or defense attorneys please. Set me straight if I have this wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I think she should have the right to say anything she wants. It’s been nearly 2 1/2 years and LE hasn’t figured out who did it. Any info that would hurt the case wouldn’t have been released to the family anyway, so that’s not a real risk.

Or the killer was done and gone by the time of the phone calls. If the phone was recording, then it would most likely just flash an incoming call and not be ringing like normal if the phone was not in use.

Yes, according to the FBI poster Libby took the video of the suspect on the bridge at appx 2:30pm. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

DG first attempted to call his daughter 41 minutes later, at 3:11pm, as he was approaching the park. I also think it’s likely the killer was already gone by then.

For quite some time I’ve thought Libby either threw or lost her cellphone while crossing the creek. That would also explain why it appeared to ring when DG arrived and also why KG didn’t hear it ring while calling Libby’s phone during the early search.

If so, between what was recorded beforehand, the location of the bodies and the autopsy results etc LE would still have a very good indication of a timeline to support exactly what transpired.

Definitely - I’m pretty sure LE has a good timeline.

Totally agree. A couple of days ago you mentioned the "elephants" in the room, an expression I too once used here. I'd like to add there are numerous monkeys doing a dance around those elephants and the fact that we cannot discuss those "FACTS" leaves us rehashing points that will lead us no closer to the truth of why these murders happened. I have no doubt LE are aware of all of this pertinent info, but perhaps they don't know exactly who did it or are unable to make a case against anyone with the evidence they have. We here are figuratively handcuffed which prevents us from discussing pertinent, factual info and they are handcuffed due to possible lack of evidence and/or cooperation by those who know what happened. Many refer to FB as the "Snake Pit" and I agree, but I'm beginning to see Delphi as the "Circus".
I can’t agree more. There’s something “off” with this case, and several aspects of it set my hinky meter off.

Edit: I’m not intending to point blame. It’s just MOO that there are things that don’t seem to add up.

Yes, according to the FBI poster Libby took the video of the suspect on the bridge at appx 2:30pm. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

DG first attempted to call his daughter 41 minutes later, at 3:11pm, as he was approaching the park. I also think it’s likely the killer was already gone by then.

Was it ever stated that the phone rang or went to voice mail when DG called her? I’m sure I’ve read the answer somewhere, but I can’t remember.

There would be no bail for a double murderer. Also, LE cannot just arrest someone without evidence/probable cause etc. DNA is taking 7 months to come back. If they knew who it was at the April PC, that would mean November at the earliest, before we hear anything. If we get to December and no news, then I will believe they have nothing except new tips coming in. MOO

Can I ask, 7 months for what kind
of DNA testing?

Was it ever stated that the phone rang or went to voice mail when DG called her? I’m sure I’ve read the answer somewhere, but I can’t remember.

MOO according to GH,
DG's first call rang but the second call went to voice mail.

From Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"A woman who was at the bridgecommented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.” "

Cheyenne was 15 minutes ahead of the Flannel Short Guy. Who was the guy she saw?

Last edited:
This is from the GH interview with MP and BP

“We checked phone records and it was at 3:11 that he called her to tell her – he was going to tell her, “Hey, start heading towards the trailhead. I’m gonna be there in a minute or two”, you know, but she didn’t answer. So when he got to the trail…– to the drop off point, he called her again. And that on our phone records show at 3:14, and he told me that as he was getting out of the car, he called her. So at that point she didn’t answer so he started walking up towards the trailhead.”
Transcribed by JudgeJudi - post #211
IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

I have been searching for these words I heard in a video and finally found this one!! May 22nd, 2019. It is a short video and confirms comment made on another video that seems to have been scrubbed. (Is this statement "part of/tied to" the "elephant in the room"?)
Am transcribing the comment made by reporter (lady in green shirt) starting at 2:00 of the video she says,
"As for the Delphi murder case, Carter says, not all family members have been ruled out of that case either."
Indiana State Police respond to calls for action and answers in Flora fire case

Last edited:
This is from the GH interview with MP and BP

“We checked phone records and it was at 3:11 that he called her to tell her – he was going to tell her, “Hey, start heading towards the trailhead. I’m gonna be there in a minute or two”, you know, but she didn’t answer. So when he got to the trail…– to the drop off point, he called her again. And that on our phone records show at 3:14, and he told me that as he was getting out of the car, he called her. So at that point she didn’t answer so he started walking up towards the trailhead.”
Transcribed by JudgeJudi - post #211
IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

I didn't recall correctly,

In any case for call info I was thinking of GH youtube Derricks Path. The calls are discussed from about 5 minutes to 7 minutes into the video.

GH says DG's first call at 3:11 was at the bridge on CR 300 east of the trail and his second call was a minute or two later. Both calls apparently still rang through until the OG voice mail message, then after 3:30 all calls to LG's phone went straight to voicemail.

I didn't recall correctly,

In any case for call info I was thinking of GH youtube Derricks Path. The calls are discussed from about 5 minutes to 7 minutes into the video.

GH says DG's first call at 3:11 was at the bridge on CR 300 east of the trail and his second call was a minute or two later. Both calls apparently still rang through until the OG voice mail message, then after 3:30 all calls to LG's phone went straight to voicemail.
BOXER, bbm,...What does "OG voice mail message" mean? I don't understand. (not a surprise, huh).

MOO according to GH,
DG's first call rang but the second call went to voice mail.

From Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"A woman who was at the bridgecommented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.” "

Cheyenne was 15 minutes ahead of the Flannel Short Guy. Who was the guy she saw?
Would the second call gave gone to voicemail because another family member had rang the number and got a connection even though it wasn't answered?

But should a girl really have to answer questions about her sister's murder to any inquiring minds besides LE's?
Personally, I say no. My opinion being if it does come out that the family know or know of the perp, poor sweet natured Kelsi will feel so much hurt and disappointment at being duped. It will also open the flood gates of trolls accusing her of misleading the investigation. Even her live interview raised more questions that she cannot or doesn't know the answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz