Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jurors were unable to reach a unanimous decision.
what a ballsup.
the arrogance of the prosecution and the paucity of their efforts led to this.
dude is certified sane.. nice cushy holiday..
yy - forever a victim.
no peace or rest for her family or her spirit.

courtney
BC’s mother and stepfather could be seen crying, BC was hard to read, but smiled sadly at his defense team. Zhang’s family showed little emotion, from my vantage point.
@WCIA

The full sentencing will be at 4 p.m.
@

urors were not polled so it's unclear now how which way they were leaning. They spent just under 8.5 hours in deliberations between Wednesday and Thursday mm

BREAKING: Jury is not able to make a unanimous finding-- so the court will be required to impose sentence of life. Back in session at 4 to actually impose that sentence

This is what they asked the judge when they told him "they'd rather not show". They were covering their asses. My guess is most of them bought into the pity party and maybe just one or two wanted the DP.

They knew the world was watching so moved to protect each other.

courtney
BC’s mother and stepfather could be seen crying, BC was hard to read, but smiled sadly at his defense team. Zhang’s family showed little emotion, from my vantage point.
@WCIA

@

urors were not polled so it's unclear now how which way they were leaning. They spent just under 8.5 hours in deliberations between Wednesday and Thursday mm

BREAKING: Jury is not able to make a unanimous finding-- so the court will be required to impose sentence of life. Back in session at 4 to actually impose that sentence

courtney
@WCIA

@

Twitter is a flutter . . .

Susana Roque-Malo

@susanabadrock

·
14m

2 yrs and 1 mo ago, a monster prowled my campus, shattered lives, and brutally ended the life of a bright, young PhD student for fun. He won't say where her body is (her family's only request) and is not even sorry. Yet he gets to live out the rest of his days. #YingyingZhang
Quote Tweet

rztpFfFj_normal.jpg

Aaron Eades
@WCIA3Eades
· 24m
BREAKING: Jury is not able to make a unanimous finding-- so the court will be required to impose sentence of life. Back in session at 4 to actually impose that sentence @WCIA3

"How am I supposed to carry on living?" she said in testimony by video. "I really don't know how to carry on."

She said Christensen dashed Zhang's dreams and those of her family. Yingying was killed months before she had planned to get married.

"My daughter did not get to wear a wedding dress," Lifeng Ye said. "I really wanted to be a grandma.

Divided Jury Means Life In Prison For Christensen

You know what would be nice? If we got some choice words from the judge. Do it for the Zhang family judge.

Well, short of him ordering a proper investigation and a full search, land sea and air, and a spell in Guantanemo for BC, fire the prosecution and investigate the limp investigation which uncovered sfa after Tb's tape and never even tried, anything he says is meaningless.
He gave the defense everything they requested, allowed 49 ridiculous mitigating factors that were not mitigation by a long stretch.
He too is responsible here
He should have told them to go the hell back and reach a decision and take their time reaching it.

This aint gonna do a whole pile for US tourism..

Devastated

I had a feeling this would happen based on the presentation of facts, lack of facts, and approaches by prosecution and defense.

I don’t think Brendt fully remembers or totally knows where she is at this point. That is why he can’t offer her location. He can’t say with certainty where parts of her remains are. That it my personal take on the matter.

I feel very upset on behalf of Ying Ying and her family. How they have and will continue to suffer.

@kittythehare thank you for always dedicating yourself to this case. Thank you for providing your insights, updates, and feedback. Normally people just drop off on cases. It was so wonderful to have you here the entire time bringing in legal and personal antidotes and information. I hope to follow you in the next case you pursue and wish there was more focus on the court proceedings in other court cases as took place here on this thread. You and all of the many posters here have been wonderful. Thanks to you all.

Very sorry that it ends this way.

Point taken. You are right.

Well, short of him ordering a proper investigation and a full search, land sea and air, and a spell in Guantanemo for BC, fire the prosecution and investigate the limp investigation which uncovered sfa after Tb's tape and never even tried, anything he says is meaningless.
He gave the defense everything they requested, allowed 49 ridiculous mitigating factors that were not mitigation by a long stretch.
He too is responsible here
He should have told them to go the hell back and reach a decision and take their time reaching it.

This aint gonna do a whole pile for US tourism..

I can't disagree with any of that. I'm having trouble finding words to express myself about this, went with my gut... :-(
Unfortunately, it's still a life, and he will find things he enjoys and looks forward to in it. Human beings are resilient that way.

It's more than he deserves, and it's more than Yingying will ever have......

Devastated

I had a feeling this would happen based on the presentation of facts, lack of facts, and approaches by prosecution and defense.

I don’t think Brendt fully remembers or totally knows where she is at this point. That is why he can’t offer her location. He can’t say with certainty where parts of her remains are. That it my personal take on the matter.

I feel very upset on behalf of Ying Ying and her family. How they have and will continue to suffer.

@kittythehare thank you for always dedicating yourself to this case. Thank you for providing your insights, updates, and feedback. Normally people just drop off on cases. It was so wonderful to have you here the entire time bringing in legal and personal antidotes and information. I hope to follow you in the next case you pursue and wish there was more focus on the court proceedings in other court cases as took place here on this thread. You and all of the many posters here have been wonderful. Thanks to you all.

Very sorry that it ends this way.
Thanks for the nice things you said. I was quite driven.
I disagree on his recollection.
I believe he knows perfectly well where she is and will probably sell her corpse to some fruitcake he meets in prison.
Dude is DARKNESS personified.

BEN
Ms. Zhang's family is "devastated" by the life sentence, their family attorney Steve Beckett said. "Second only to learning that your daughter was missing and ultimately killed."

EADES
Deputy Counsel General of from the Chinese Consulate in Chicago makes a statement, but only in Chinese
@WCIA
Courtney
A statement from Steve Beckett, the family’s attorney and liaison: “The family is devastated, especially the mother, Lifeng Ye. This is the second worst feeling for the family since they found out that their daughter had been kidpanned and killed.”
@WCIA3

Lauren (fox)
SENTENCING: Media waiting for the court to impose a life sentence and the fededal prosecutors/Yingying’s family to speak.
@foxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members