Found Deceased Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019

dotr

Reaction score
Vehicle found, men not - BC News
CPT11109752_p3398438.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...encher-richard-scurr-surrey-missing-1.5220048
RCMP are looking for two men from Surrey, B.C., last seen driving a Jeep that has since been found abandoned hundreds of kilometres away.

Ryan Provencher, 38, and Richard Scurr, 37, were last seen in the 16400 block of 23 A Avenue in Surrey at 12:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday. They were both seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

Neither man has been heard from since. The Jeep has since been discovered empty near Logan Lake, B.C. — about 300 kilometres from the location the men were last seen.

In a statement, RCMP said it is out of character for Provencher and Scurr to be out of touch with family and friends this long.

Provencher is described as..

White
  • Five feet 10 inches tall
  • 180 pounds
  • Short, brown hair
  • Blue eyes
Scurr is described as:

• White
  • six feet tall
  • 220 pounds
  • "Brush-cut" brown hair
  • Brown eyes

Vehicle found, men not - BC News
CPT11109752_p3398438.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...encher-richard-scurr-surrey-missing-1.5220048
RCMP are looking for two men from Surrey, B.C., last seen driving a Jeep that has since been found abandoned hundreds of kilometres away.

Ryan Provencher, 38, and Richard Scurr, 37, were last seen in the 16400 block of 23 A Avenue in Surrey at 12:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday. They were both seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

Neither man has been heard from since. The Jeep has since been discovered empty near Logan Lake, B.C. — about 300 kilometres from the location the men were last seen.

In a statement, RCMP said it is out of character for Provencher and Scurr to be out of touch with family and friends this long.

Provencher is described as..

White
  • Five feet 10 inches tall
  • 180 pounds
  • Short, brown hair
  • Blue eyes
Scurr is described as:

• White
  • six feet tall
  • 220 pounds
  • "Brush-cut" brown hair
  • Brown eyes

Last seen last Wed 17 July, but has anyone seen info about the date the jeep was found?

There is a comment on one of the other boards that Surrey, BC is an area with lots of drug activity and this disappearance might not be related to the other 2, and is more likely local drug gang activity

There is a comment on one of the other boards that Surrey, BC is an area with lots of drug activity and this disappearance might not be related to the other 2, and is more likely local drug gang activity
Logan Lake, where they ended up, is not close to Lucas & Chynna or the two teens...What this is close to though, is Merritt, where Ben Tyner went missing last January and Dean Morrison several years ago. I'm not saying there is any connection, just that this area has been in the news before.

Reading about the Jeep being found so far away I do wonder if this could be related to the escaped US murder suspect from SD/Texas that is being searched for by RCMP? Will have to map out this possibility based on the information in the RCMP statement on the SD/Texas murder suspect to see if it could be possible. MOO

Reading about the Jeep being found so far away I do wonder if this could be related to the escaped US murder suspect from SD/Texas that is being searched for by RCMP? Will have to map out this possibility based on the information in the RCMP statement on the SD/Texas murder suspect to see if it could be possible. MOO
Texas murder suspect jumped the border into Manitoba: RCMP

Here's what I found from the link:
And here are the specifics I posted there about this guy.

Info on him from the link:
*Crossed on June 24.
*He's likely to be carrying a gun.
*He's likely to be traveling with a large mixed breed dog.
*He's from North Dakota but wanted for a murder in Texas.
*The victim in Texas was killed by blunt-force trauma.
*He abandoned his vehicle to cross the border (it was found) and was most likely
picked up by someone and driven to Winnipeg.
*He's considered armed and dangerous.

Possibly he is traveling but would have to have been supplied with or bought/rented/stolen a vehicle. It's about a day's distance from Winnipeg to the area of BC where Lucas and Chynna was killed, and that's by highway. Also up route 97. All FYI fellow sleuthers...some things to ponder in these confusing and possibly connected cases of murder and missing.

Here's what I found from the link:
And here are the specifics I posted there about this guy.

Info on him from the link:
*Crossed on June 24.
*He's likely to be carrying a gun.
*He's likely to be traveling with a large mixed breed dog.
*He's from North Dakota but wanted for a murder in Texas.
*The victim in Texas was killed by blunt-force trauma.
*He abandoned his vehicle to cross the border (it was found) and was most likely
picked up by someone and driven to Winnipeg.
*He's considered armed and dangerous.

Possibly he is traveling but would have to have been supplied with or bought/rented/stolen a vehicle. It's about a day's distance from Winnipeg to the area of BC where Lucas and Chynna was killed, and that's by highway. Also up route 97. All FYI fellow sleuthers...some things to ponder in these confusing and possibly connected cases of murder and missing.
Given that he needs a vehicle do you see any connection to the missing Jeep and the 2 missing men from Surrey, BC? Perhaps there have been other missing vehicles in BC Province?

Worth some sleuthing to see.

RCMP certainly has its hands full in BC at the moment!

Google map of:
-estimated entry point of ND/Texas Murder suspect
-estimated destination from RCMP bulletin issued
-Known location of 2 Surrey BC men that are presently missing (they were seen in a
They were both seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee).
-Known found location of missing white 2019 Jeep Cherokee belonging to the 2 missing Surrey BC men.

Google Maps

Info on missing US murder suspect 27yo Derek WHISENAND believed to be at large in Canada:

Last edited:
Given that he needs a vehicle do you see any connection to the missing Jeep and the 2 missing men from Surrey, BC? Perhaps there have been other missing vehicles in BC Province?

Worth some sleuthing to see.

RCMP certainly has its hands full in BC at the moment!
That vehicle was found. It's the two men who are still missing. So no, I don't see a link there. What I do wonder about is a the amount of missing people, missing and burned vehicles and murdered young people in BC. (I've been following another case since January.) Assuming they are not ALL connected, I can at least state that RCMP has their work cut out for them. JMO

What type/color/style of Jeep was found ? The possible suspect in the Fowler - Deese case was driving a Jeep with black striping and roll bar with covered small lights........... The sketch on that person resembles the Texas murder suspect to me....moo

Update with video - request for public assistance in locating 2 missing men.

Surrey RCMP seeking missing men after vehicle found near Logan Lake, B.C.

Quote from article:

"Surrey RCMP are requesting the public’s assistance in locating two men".

"Ryan Provencher, 38, was last seen at 12:30 p.m. on July 17 in the 16400 block of 23A Avenue in Surrey. He was seen driving a 2019 white jeep Cherokee with his friend Richard Scurr as passenger".

Update with video - request for public assistance in locating 2 missing men.

Surrey RCMP seeking missing men after vehicle found near Logan Lake, B.C.

Quote from article:

"Surrey RCMP are requesting the public’s assistance in locating two men".

"Ryan Provencher, 38, was last seen at 12:30 p.m. on July 17 in the 16400 block of 23A Avenue in Surrey. He was seen driving a 2019 white jeep Cherokee with his friend Richard Scurr as passenger".
So last seen driving, in Surrey. Jeep found abandoned 300 km away in Logan Lake. Wonder if they are the ones who drove it that far. They could be missing anywhere in or between those 2 locations.

<modsnip> Surrey, BC is an area with lots of drug activity and this disappearance might not be related to the other 2, and is more likely local drug gang activity

It is correct that Surrey has a high crime rate, so this type of incident in the Lower Mainland is not too strange.

I seriously doubt this case is connected to the Northern BC cases, mainly because these two men didn't even disappear from Surrey until July 17, so 2/3 days after Lucas and Chynna were killed.

Surrey is indeed a place with a lot of criminal activity, specifically gangs. No idea if these two were caught up in that; Provencher has a pretty mild court history (mostly violation tickets for motor vehicle act offenses). The only one that stands out is an assault charge, but he was last in court for that (and found guilty) in 2018.

Scurr has a bit more colourful record. His are mostly assault and drug-related charges. However, he hasn't appeared in BC Provincial Court since 2005. That isn't to say he hasn't stood in the superior court or had charges that won't appear on the CSO database. The same goes for Provencher.

It also looks like he has roots in Prince George, as that's where a lot of his court history is. If you were en-route to Prince George from Surrey, Logan Lake wouldn't be far off the path.

I hope regardless of the situation, these two men are found safe.

Surrey is indeed a place with a lot of criminal activity, specifically gangs. No idea if these two were caught up in that; Provencher has a pretty mild court history (mostly violation tickets for motor vehicle act offenses). The only one that stands out is an assault charge, but he was last in court for that (and found guilty) in 2018.

Scurr has a bit more colourful record. His are mostly assault and drug-related charges. However, he hasn't appeared in BC Provincial Court since 2005. That isn't to say he hasn't stood in the superior court or had charges that won't appear on the CSO database. The same goes for Provencher.

It also looks like he has roots in Prince George, as that's where a lot of his court history is. If you were en-route to Prince George from Surrey, Logan Lake wouldn't be far off the path.

i was just about to comment about the CSO findings! both men do have a connection to kamloops area in the past. provencher got an excessive speeding ticket in barriere (just north of kamloops) in 2014 and scurr had “improper display of plate” in kamloops way back in 2004, also tickets from prince george-kamloops-squamish-vancouver from 2003-2004. so this says that the route isn’t unfamiliar territory although scurrs last documented ticket in that area was 15 years ago doesn’t tell us worlds but it’s not completely out of the realm for them to be in the area.

Possibly a reason they needed to "get out of Dodge?" IAW, wonder if they're involved in any recent (more serious) crimes and needed to leave the area. If they did drive the jeep to Logan Lake and abandon it, it's still a mystery where they are now and how they're getting around. Hope they are found, as well.

It is correct that Surrey has a high crime rate, so this type of incident in the Lower Mainland is not too strange.

I seriously doubt this case is connected to the Northern BC cases, mainly because these two men didn't even disappear from Surrey until July 17, so 2/3 days after Lucas and Chynna were killed.
I doubt a connection as well. However, it is a curious mix of missing people, burned or abandoned vehicles, and, sadly, murder...all crisscrossing the highways and byways of BC. RCMP must be overwhelmed.

i was just about to comment about the CSO findings! both men do have a connection to kamloops area in the past. provencher got an excessive speeding ticket in barriere (just north of kamloops) in 2014 and scurr had “improper display of plate” in kamloops way back in 2004, also tickets from prince george-kamloops-squamish-vancouver from 2003-2004. so this says that the route isn’t unfamiliar territory although scurrs last documented ticket in that area was 15 years ago doesn’t tell us worlds but it’s not completely out of the realm for them to be in the area.
Another missing person was announced today in Kamloops, James Saufert, 42. Wonder if there is any connection to Ryan/Richard?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back