Found Deceased Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019

Hard to be sure, since no photos, but he is from Surrey. I would say yes, unless there is more than one who would have a connection to BT.
Going to research more.

If you put in RP with the name of the company on google images, the thumbnail of an RP that comes up is kinda different but kinda the same as the MSM pic of RP. Although the FB page says the company is in Surrey and the Linkedin says Langley, the two cities abutt each other, so probably both the same company.

Hmm I could almost spit the distance. I should just pop on over there and ask for the guy ;) jk

If you put in RP with the name of the company on google images, the thumbnail of an RP that comes up is kinda different but kinda the same as the MSM pic of RP. Although the FB page says the company is in Surrey and the Linkedin says Langley, the two cities abutt each other, so probably both the same company.

Hmm I could almost spit the distance. I should just pop on over there and ask for the guy ;) jk
Well then...does your car new a new windshield? If he's open for business and at the shop, then either it's not him or he's no longer missing.

Not sure if this is same Richard Scurr but ages fits:

Prince George Free Press » Cops continue clampdown

Yes, I believe that's the same Richard Scurr - it also matches up with his court history as per CSO.

I initially had a suspicion that this might have been linked to the Alaskan Highway/Dease Lake case, but now I feel confident that they are completely separate. I have a hunch this one revolves more around their affiliations and extracurricular activities. I still hope they are found safe and this is resolved.

Hard to be sure, since no photos, but he is from Surrey. I would say yes, unless there is more than one who would have a connection to BT.
Going to research more.

Did you notice the ID name is different than the profile name? You can change the profile name but the ID name will always be the first one you used to open a Facebook account. Maybe you could try and search for the ID name too and see what else you can find... Maybe link it to the company...?

I never trust people who use different names on FB... but that's me... JMO

Edit to add that maybe you have already done it... :)

Yes, I believe that's the same Richard Scurr - it also matches up with his court history as per CSO.

I initially had a suspicion that this might have been linked to the Alaskan Highway/Dease Lake case, but now I feel confident that they are completely separate. I have a hunch this one revolves more around their affiliations and extracurricular activities. I still hope they are found safe and this is resolved.
Are you aware of any info on where either man works, (above board that is)?

Did you notice the ID name is different than the profile name? You can change the profile name but the ID name will always be the first one you used to open a Facebook account. Maybe you could try and search for the ID name too and see what else you can find... Maybe link it to the company...?

I never trust people who use different names on FB... but that's me... JMO

Edit to add that maybe you have already done it... :)
Person with same name apparently left this business in 2015, according to the Business (and his) FB.

Are you aware of any info on where either man works, (above board that is)?

I'm honestly not too sure. It looks like Ryan Provencher does own that auto glass company, but that's just a loose guess. There's a FB account that I won't link since it's unconfirmed, with Ryan's name, but it's almost entirely dedicated to the auto glass company and linked to the company Facebook page.

Richard Scurr - not even an ounce of a clue, as most information about him revolves around his criminal activity.

Edit: Saw that someone else mentioned that Provencher left that business in 2015. No idea!

Search continues for two missing Surrey men

Mounties in Surrey say it’s now believed that two men in their 30s missing from Surrey for a week were travelling to Spences Bridge.

Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr were last seen at about 12:30 p.m. on July 17 in the 16400-block of 23A Avenue in Surrey, in a white Jeep Cherokee.

Investigators released a new photo of Provencher and a few more details as they appeal for help in finding the two friends.

Mounties said preliminary information indicates that Provencher and Scurr made it to their destination in Spences Bridge, however they haven’t been seen or heard from since.

On Sunday, authorities located the unoccupied Jeep in a wooded area near Logan Lake. Police say there was no indication of foul play and the Jeep has been transported to Kamloops for further investigation.

Scurr is a 37-year-old Caucasian man. He is 6-foot-4, weighs 220 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Provencher is a 38-year-old Caucasian man. He is 5-foot-10, weighs 180 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.

Police say it’s out of character for the men to be out of touch for this length of time.

After the recovery of the Jeep, a search-and-rescue team, the Integrated Police Dog Services and the RCMP Air 4 helicopter were dispatched to conduct a search of the wooded area. After the search, investigators say they now don’t believe the two men are in that area.

Investigators are asking anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of these men to contact Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or Crime Stoppers, if they wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-8477 or solvecrime.ca.

I'm honestly not too sure. It looks like Ryan Provencher does own that auto glass company, but that's just a loose guess. There's a FB account that I won't link since it's unconfirmed, with Ryan's name, but it's almost entirely dedicated to the auto glass company and linked to the company Facebook page.

Richard Scurr - not even an ounce of a clue, as most information about him revolves around his criminal activity.

Edit: Saw that someone else mentioned that Provencher left that business in 2015. No idea!
That was me. The About section of the page says left job 2015.

Thank you for this.

From the link:
SURREY — RCMP say it’s now believed that two men missing from Surrey since last week, did make it to their destination.

In a release today, Surrey RCMP updated the ongoing investigation to find Ryan Provencher, and Richard Scurr, whose white Jeep Cherokee was found parked near Logan Lake on Sunday (July 21).

It is now believed the two men were planning to travel to Spences Bridge when they were last seen July 17. RCMP say early information has indicated the men made it to their destination, but investigators are still following up to confirm this.

No signs of foul play were found when the Jeep was recovered near Logan Lake, and the vehicle has since been taken to Kamloops for further examination.

Search continues for two missing Surrey men

Mounties in Surrey say it’s now believed that two men in their 30s missing from Surrey for a week were travelling to Spences Bridge.

Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr were last seen at about 12:30 p.m. on July 17 in the 16400-block of 23A Avenue in Surrey, in a white Jeep Cherokee.

Investigators released a new photo of Provencher and a few more details as they appeal for help in finding the two friends.

Mounties said preliminary information indicates that Provencher and Scurr made it to their destination in Spences Bridge, however they haven’t been seen or heard from since.

On Sunday, authorities located the unoccupied Jeep in a wooded area near Logan Lake. Police say there was no indication of foul play and the Jeep has been transported to Kamloops for further investigation.

Scurr is a 37-year-old Caucasian man. He is 6-foot-4, weighs 220 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Provencher is a 38-year-old Caucasian man. He is 5-foot-10, weighs 180 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.

Police say it’s out of character for the men to be out of touch for this length of time.

After the recovery of the Jeep, a search-and-rescue team, the Integrated Police Dog Services and the RCMP Air 4 helicopter were dispatched to conduct a search of the wooded area. After the search, investigators say they now don’t believe the two men are in that area.

Investigators are asking anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of these men to contact Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or Crime Stoppers, if they wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-8477 or solvecrime.ca.
From Spences Bridge to Logan Lake...not far but not next town.
Google Maps

Spences Bridge is a little over an hour's drive from Logan Lake. This is a rough estimate of the path taken, and the distance between Spences Bridge and Logan Lake. So the police are saying that they made it to their intended destination of Spences Bridge, and then travelled to Logan Lake, where the vehicle was found abandoned?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 1.03.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 1.03.38 PM.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 1.02.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 1.02.58 PM.png
    476.6 KB · Views: 7
Some digging shows that is indeed RP's Facebook profile. Not sure about his status of employment. Doesn't look like he's been very active on Facebook.

Life events say he left Elite Auto Glass in 2015, but he updated his profile in 2016 to show a work vehicle and business logo. Looks like that may have been an error (the life event).

And a photo posted in 2018 shows what looks like a garage filled with auto glass, so I think it's safe to assume that RP still has that business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back