MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It is very odd and unusual in these cases. I think it will eventually tell us that the act was impulsive and not planned too far in advance.
I think impulsive, and maybe he thought he would have time to flee before they found her, or thou
Wife of second cousin posted this on Facebook:

"If you ever wonder why women avoid rejecting you, this is why. We don’t know if you’re going to be cool about it or shoot us 8 times and throw our body near a lake. Stop teaching your sons that they deserve anything they want. Stop teaching your sons that women are lesser. And for god’s sake, stop teaching your sons that violence is a man’s way of settling things. RIP Alexandria."
Hmm. If the reason I’ve heard for him killing her is true, she wasn’t rejecting him, but perhaps rather trying to hold him accountable for something.

(Thorough article, bringing forward again)

Ally Kostial: Ole Miss Student Found Dead in Homicide | Heavy.com

—-

“One of Kostial’s close friends wrote on Twitter, “He harassed her for years, took advantage of her for years, I spent countless nights holding Ally close drying her tears about this monster for years. You deserve hell you disgusting excuse for a human. #JusticeForAlly You will never diminish her sunshine.””

Brandon Theesfeld: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

—-

She was a lovely young lady with a bright future ahead of her.
New information from that updated article:

"An acquaintance of Theesfeld, who asked to remain anonymous, told Heavy that Theesfeld would carry a 9mm Glock 38 handgun in his truck. The Glock handgun holds eight rounds."

Also, he was arrested yesterday morning at 9:30 at a gas station in Memphis, driving his Ram pickup.

Few things:

I feel like some fellow posters are reading too much into his twitter account and alcohol charge. As a Gen Z avid social media user, it is pretty common for kids, especially college students, to be posting about drinking and smoking pot. A lot will post pictures on Instagram and Snapchat. As for his alcohol charge, I have a few buddies who gotten possession by a minor charge. I don't think this is a red flag as much as a theft or assault charge would have been. I think he definitely seemed douchey (IMO) but nothing to suggest a future murder..
Snipped

I agree his posts don't suggest a murderer, but they do suggest an immature and thoughtless person, imo.

I am assuming people who post about drinking and smoking actually drink and smoke. So if he's posting about being drunk, I'm assuming it's because he gets drunk. And he's been arrested for underage drinking, so there's more to it than his Twitter.

Nothing against people drinking, but this he is an almost college grad who presents himself in a sloppy and immature way on social media. He is too old for that, imo, and should be too well educated to present himself that way too. My opinion, you don't have to agree that it reflects badly on him.

And if it's on public social media, people like me will indeed make conclusions from our impressions. I don't need to be of the same generation to be unimpressed.

And, btw, WS doesn't allow rumors and subreds. I deleted those parts from what I quoted in your post.

jmo

(Thorough article, bringing forward again)

Ally Kostial: Ole Miss Student Found Dead in Homicide | Heavy.com

—-

“One of Kostial’s close friends wrote on Twitter, “He harassed her for years, took advantage of her for years, I spent countless nights holding Ally close drying her tears about this monster for years. You deserve hell you disgusting excuse for a human. #JusticeForAlly You will never diminish her sunshine.””

Brandon Theesfeld: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

—-

I agree she did have a bright future.

Glad to see you here, @margarita25

—-

And yet she was kind enough to go to him and hear him out.... Ugh.
Agreed with Ally's friend... he deserves to be in hell (for all eternity !).

One thing I find really odd is that her body was left out in the wide open. Usually in these type cases some attempt is made to bury, burn, dump in the woods or water, some type of concealment. I'm not sure what that means, unless it was just a rush to get out of the area. But there was water just a few yards away. I don't know, it just is weird to me.
I wish we knew if she was shot right there or not.

If he did shoot her right there, I could see why he would want to flee immediately. Eight shots, and he might worry that someone heard him shooting her, and so he fled as fast as he could.

I don't think it was planned. Why use eight bullets if planned when one would do? The overkill indicates anger and impulse, imo. Drunk impulse would be my guess.

jmo

You could be right. However, something can be half-arsed planned and still be overkill. I have no reason to argue that what I think is any more accurate than you thinking it was anger and impulse. I do think to have the gun at whatever moment of rage while "with" her was ideal. I guess this touches on both premeditation and "planned" which can be argued as two different things.

When we know more, it will all be easier to be a bit more sure, but I do not disagree that you may well be right.

It is jmo.

I suppose him being angry that she was following him is a motive, but it's highly unusual, as far as killings such as this go. I'm not sure I've ever heard of an actual case where someone, especially a woman, is shot because they are harassing someone (big leap, assuming that's the case). As far as young men being the perpetrators go, much more likely that the lady doesn't comply with what they want.

And maybe I'm the only one, but is it unusual for a college student to have a firearm handy? Although he is from Texas and goes to school in the South. I don't remember any of my guy friends in college being armed, but I did go to a nerdy school in the east.

Texas resident and college attendee here... guns were everywhere my whole life, including and especially by privileged boys in college. The gun culture (him having come from) in Ft. Worth is strong.

Last edited:
I wish we knew if she was shot right there or not.

If he did shoot her right there, I could see why he would want to flee immediately. Eight shots, and he might worry that someone heard him shooting her, and so he fled as fast as he could.
I think it was there for the reason of the sound and because it was a place to leave a body.

jmo

You could be right. However, something can be half-arsed planned and still be overkill. I have no reason to argue that what I think is any more accurate than you thinking it was anger and impulse. I do think to have the gun at whatever moment of rage while "with" her was ideal. I guess this touches on both premeditation and "planned" which can be argued as two different things.

When we know more, it will all be easier to be a bit more sure, but I do not disagree that you may well be right.

It is jmo.
Why would he be toting a gun if it wasn’t planned?

It is jmo.
Yes, I think the truth will come out in this case. LE seems to be on top of this.

jmo

Snipped

I agree his posts don't suggest a murderer, but they do suggest an immature and thoughtless person, imo.

I am assuming people who post about drinking and smoking actually drink and smoke. So if he's posting about being drunk, I'm assuming it's because he gets drunk. And he's been arrested for underage drinking, so there's more to it than his Twitter.

Nothing against people drinking, but this he is an almost college grad who presents himself in a sloppy and immature way on social media. He is too old for that, imo, and should be too well educated to present himself that way too. My opinion, you don't have to agree that it reflects badly on him.

And if it's on public social media, people like me will indeed make conclusions from our impressions. I don't need to be of the same generation to be unimpressed.

And, btw, WS doesn't allow rumors and subreds. I deleted those parts from what I quoted in your post.

jmo

My apologies for the rumor/reddit link...

I totally agree the way he presents himself on social media as a college grad is pretty embarrassing. Personally, all of my accounts are private, only use them for family and checking news/sports. I think the way a lot of people my age, including some of my friends, act on social media is pretty silly. Kids nowadays don't really understand that future employers could see these accounts.

Because he carries a gun regularly?

There is evidence that he can shoot and it's a lax state with carry laws. Not a huge leap for me to think he might have gun on him whether he planned to use it or not.

jmo
Mississippi is lax on guns?

My apologies for the rumor/reddit link...

I totally agree the way he presents himself on social media as a college grad is pretty embarrassing. Personally, all of my accounts are private, only use them for family and checking news/sports. I think the way a lot of people my age, including some of my friends, act on social media is pretty silly. Kids nowadays don't really understand that future employers could see these accounts.
Not "could see" your social media. They look specifically. So be wise.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member