MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good example. JP's dad in the Jayme Closs case handled that impossible situation with dignity, imo. It can be done.

jmo

I agree. I think he probably grieved terribly privately but he knew what his son did, knew his son confessed and never a single time tried to excuse it nor tried to even minimize it. He also expressed sympathy. It could not have been easy.

In this case, I guess we shall see... I think we will see what is more common, no way, my kid did not do this... Even after evidence shows he did... Jmo though.

Jmo.

Your right I remember this case didn’t he only get 23 years?
I believe you're right. And his atty. said it might be more like 15, and he'll be out.
What a travesty.

Do we have any motive for Ally's murder ?

I'm guessing he pressured her for a more intimate encounter and she flatly refused.
If so-- good for her.
To shoot someone 8 times is such overkill.

What a monster.

I live in oxford. My husband and I went to ole miss. My son just graduated and my daughter is a rising senior. They both knew Ally. Neither knew the boy. I applaud the police for being tight lipped as long as they did, they knew almost immediately who did this to Ally.

Greek life has made great strides at ole miss. The social clubs are more diverse than ever and the university really tries to make sure they are as productive and as safe as possible. It’s no better or worse than any other university with Greek life.

San Marcos Academy boarding school quite pricey. 5 day per week boarding program is 26K per year, 7 day per week boarding is 34K. Guessing sis was in private school as well? That’s a lot of tuition, alimony & now capital murder attorney’s fees. That’s steep even when you’re in medicine.
https://www.smabears.org/wp-content...ns/2019_20_boarding_financial_information.pdf

There are actually two sisters per the Heavy article so it would be even pricier. It is not clear though if perhaps he was the only one sent to boarding school... Even if not, it was probably still private school.

Jmo.

One thing I find really odd is that her body was left out in the wide open. Usually in these type cases some attempt is made to bury, burn, dump in the woods or water, some type of concealment. I'm not sure what that means, unless it was just a rush to get out of the area. But there was water just a few yards away. I don't know, it just is weird to me.

One thing I find really odd is that her body was left out in the wide open. Usually in these type cases some attempt is made to bury, burn, dump in the woods or water, some type of concealment. I'm not sure what that means, unless it was just a rush to get out of the area. But there was water just a few yards away. I don't know, it just is weird to me.

I agree. It is very odd and unusual in these cases. I think it will eventually tell us that the act was impulsive and not planned too far in advance.

I agree. It's also strange to me that a police officer happened upon it during a routine patrol. I don't recall ever hearing anything like that happening.

I don’t think that was his intention. I believe the police finding her rather quickly ended his ultimate plan.

I agree. It is very odd and unusual in these cases. I think it will eventually tell us that the act was impulsive and not planned too far in advance.
And another thing. I looked at the map of where her body was found on one of the links (sorry, I don't remember which one), and it was all the way on the other side of the lake from Oxford. If the perp was just going to dump her body out of a car and was in a hurry to do so, there were PLENTY of other places closer to Oxford.

Maybe she was actually shot somewhere nearby on that lake.

I agree. It's also strange to me that a police officer happened upon it during a routine patrol. I don't recall ever hearing anything like that happening.
I don't think its really that odd. From what I understand, this area was frequented by locals and college students for partying. So it would make sense for a deputy to do a routine patrol through there occasionally just to take a look.

I don't think its really that odd. From what I understand, this area was frequented by locals and college students for partying. So it would make sense for a deputy to do a routine patrol through there occasionally just to take a look.
FWIW, the place looks like a mess in the video. Garbage, soggy. I hate knowing she was left there, but at least it wasn't for long.

jmo

Just speculating...but I’m going with premeditated. Sloppy? Yes. But I think he planned this. Ally went back out that night because he texted her, making her think he wanted to see her.

MOO

maybe it was not planned but he had a gun with him, so yeah, maybe it was... very permissive gun laws in MS but I am amazed sometimes at who carries.

ETA: Clarity

FWIW, the place looks like a mess in the video. Garbage, soggy. I hate knowing she was left there, but at least it wasn't for long.

jmo
Not sure about Sardis lake specifically, but water is high a lot of locations in the state. State of emergencies in many areas for massive flooding. Not much national news coverage, so understandable that people would not be aware.

jmo
And it looked like some sort of abandoned cabin right there when they panned the camera. At least it looked dilapidated and had some sort of "posted" sign on it.

(Thorough article, bringing forward again)

Ally Kostial: Ole Miss Student Found Dead in Homicide | Heavy.com

—-

“One of Kostial’s close friends wrote on Twitter, “He harassed her for years, took advantage of her for years, I spent countless nights holding Ally close drying her tears about this monster for years. You deserve hell you disgusting excuse for a human. #JusticeForAlly You will never diminish her sunshine.””

Brandon Theesfeld: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

—-

She was a lovely young lady with a bright future ahead of her.

Last edited:
[
Just speculating...but I’m going with premeditated. Sloppy? Yes. But I think he planned this. Ally went back out that night because he texted her, making her think he wanted to see her.

MOO

This is where I am at too--it was premeditated.

He did not have a great plan but it was planned.

Jmo.

Few things:

I feel like some fellow posters are reading too much into his twitter account and alcohol charge. As a Gen Z avid social media user, it is pretty common for kids, especially college students, to be posting about drinking and smoking pot. A lot will post pictures on Instagram and Snapchat. As for his alcohol charge, I have a few buddies who gotten possession by a minor charge. I don't think this is a red flag as much as a theft or assault charge would have been. I think he definitely seemed douchey (IMO) but nothing to suggest a future murder..

Edited: Deleted rumor and reddit link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members