CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got it all here...please correct what I may have missed or gotten wrong!

Friday, July 12- BS and KM leave Port Alberni, BC

Monday July 15- LF and CS found murdered near Liard Hot Springs, BC

Firday July 19- KM and BS’s truck found burned; unidentified man found a few km away near Dease Lake, BC

Monday, July 22- RCMP stated that KM and BS spotted in northern Saskatchewan sometime in early morning this day

Monday, July 22 @ approx. 4pm- KM and BS seen in Spli Lake, MB

Monday, July 22 @ approx. 7pm- burning car resembling a Rav4 found near Fox Lake First Nation, MB

Tuesday, July 23- RCMP announce KM and BS suspects in deaths of LF, CS and unidentified man
Super helpful - thank you!

I had been guessing that the Rav4 fire was because the perps found out they were connected to it via the Tuesday press conference. But the fire was before the presser. (I know we don't know if it is the same vehicle.)

Thank you! Great summary to help keep us organized. I'll try to keep it handy.

jmo

Another photo from that link:

burnt-out-car-in-northern-manitoba.jpg

That car hadn't been burning very long when that photo was taken. The killers had to still be nearby or only left the area a few minutes before. Only one highway in and out of that area.

Anyone know what year the Rav 4 is that they were driving? The shape of the back side window is different from mine but is the same in newer models. The body sure does resemble my RAV.

The back window is distinct, that’s what I noticed seemed different from the released pic of POI car.

I think I got it all here...please correct what I may have missed or gotten wrong!

Friday, July 12- BS and KM leave Port Alberni, BC

Monday July 15- LF and CS found murdered near Liard Hot Springs, BC

Firday July 19- KM and BS’s truck found burned; unidentified man found a few km away near Dease Lake, BC

Monday, July 22- RCMP stated that KM and BS spotted in northern Saskatchewan sometime in early morning this day

Monday, July 22 @ approx. 4pm- KM and BS seen in Spli Lake, MB

Monday, July 22 @ approx. 7pm- burning car resembling a Rav4 found near Fox Lake First Nation, MB

Tuesday, July 23- RCMP announce KM and BS suspects in deaths of LF, CS and unidentified man

Just going to add that the surveillance video of them stopping at a store to get free coffee was from July 18. Give me a minute to source that.

EDIT: here we go

Claudia Bunce, the co-owner-operator of the Jade City Store north of Dease Lake said the suspects stopped at her business on Thursday, July 18

Teens thought missing now suspects in northern B.C. double murder, unidentified body

Last edited:
Another photo from that link:

burnt-out-car-in-northern-manitoba.jpg

That car hadn't been burning very long when that photo was taken. The killers had to still be nearby or only left the area a few minutes before. Only one highway in and out of that area.
Yes, makes you think they already had another getaway vehicle or quickly vanished into the woods. If going into the woods they would know there was a chance of that car fire spreading and catching them however.

Just going to add that the surveillance video of them stopping at a store to get free coffee was from July 18. Give me a minute to source that.

I just found that: Teens thought missing now suspects in northern B.C. double murder, unidentified body

Thursday, July 18-KM and BS seen at Jade City Store north of Dease Lake

Also, in same article, found more concrete info on the RCMP comment from Tuesday's PC that they were spotted "20 hours earlier" in northern SK. The article states it was Sunday, July 21- possible spotted in Meadow Lake, SK

Added this to the original post...I had never seen that 'Edit' button before!

Last edited:
Did MSM ever report whether the camper portion of the 2 perps truck camper was ever found? I've been looking for a source and can't find one. Thanks!
Camper was burned in the fire -- fiberglass, poof it's gone.

Sarah MacDonald‏ @smacdonald__
To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators. /1 @GlobalBC

7:21 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

Sorry to be THAT clueless person, jumping in... but I've just read about this again in the news (having read thread 1 the other day) and seem to have missed a few hundred posts! Why do police think KL & BS are linked to Lucas and Chynna's murders? Looks like the other incident, with the burnt truck and dead man was hundreds of miles away and as far as I can tell they're going off a witness photofit. Is there other evidence?

I will try and catch up this evening but if someone could fill me in a bit I'd be very grateful!

Anything more seen on this??
Camper was burned in the fire -- fiberglass, poof it's gone.

Sarah MacDonald‏ @smacdonald__
To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators. /1 @GlobalBC

7:21 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst
Thanks. Searched and couldn't find explanation. Much appreciated!

I think if they have a gun it is an illegal one. They had a bunch of buddies that were all into guns and it would be easy for them to work that network and get one that way. It would be a huge chunk of coin and a long time to get a PAL and buy something legally.

If they had access to another vehicle or managed to get another one somehow when they torched that one (or after the one was possibly seen hitch-hiking), then they could very well have made it down the 280 and onto the trans-can by now. Especially so if one sleeps while the other drives. from Gillam, one is looking at 11ish hours of driving southwards to get back to population centres (Winnipeg etc) where they would have a chance of trying to blend in which is very hardtop do up north where the vast majority of our populations are native Canadian persons. If they made it south to Winnipeg and jumped on the trans-Canada heading eastwards, they are confined to two possible, and very sparse, routes through Northern Ontario - south westwards down to Thunder Bay, Sault Saint Marie, Sudbury, North Bay, or via the more northern trans-Canada via Kapuskasing, Timmins, New Liskeard/Timiskaming (my husbands home town), to North Bay. Once at North Bay (either route), then they have more varied options - south through Orillia, Barrie and into Toronto, or east through Chalk River, Petawawa, Pembroke, Arnprior, Ottawa … onto Montreal etc.

I've driven both theses routes, only two through northern Ontario, by myself while proceeding on military postings. They are both sparsely populated, gas stations rare but reachable and found in the few towns along the route. I would drive 12-14 hour days to make it through in 3 days so they could be moving faster than that by splitting the driving/sleeping tasks. I'd depart at 0300hrs in the morning and end my day at 1700hrs - 5pm. There were times that I'd go for a couple hours without seeing another vehicle on the road coming at me or passing me by.

I've no doubt that the RCMP are monitoring and it's simply a matter of catching up with them the minute they can determine which route they are travelling now. Air assets are available to the RCMP and these punks aren't going to outrun that.

Sorry to be THAT clueless person, jumping in... but I've just read about this again in the news (having read thread 1 the other day) and seem to have missed a few hundred posts! Why do police think KL & BS are linked to Lucas and Chynna's murders? Looks like the other incident, with the burnt truck and dead man was hundreds of miles away and as far as I can tell they're going off a witness photofit. Is there other evidence?

I will try and catch up this evening but if someone could fill me in a bit I'd be very grateful!

we're all wondering how they're linked, but last that i saw RCMP would not give up how they were able to connect them (very understandably). JMO but i don't think it was the witness photo, or at least maybe that was just a very small part. They had to have had stronger, solid evidence.

The RAV4 fire was Monday? I'm lost!

Anyone want to do a quick timeline - doesn't have to be super extensive just the basics?

Monday July 15 early morning: Lucas/Chyanna murders, Liard River
Thursday July 18 : Jade coffee and Dease Super A store
Friday July 19 before afternoon: bearded man murder, Stikine River
Saturday July 20 : Meadow Lake, SK store photos
Sunday July 21 : Split Lake, MB gas station
Monday July 22: Gillam/Bird area SUV fire

*** Please refer to more thorough timeline by Moriarty.

Last edited:
we're all wondering how they're linked, but last that i saw RCMP would not give up how they were able to connect them (very understandably). JMO but i don't think it was the witness photo, or at least maybe that was just a very small part. They had to have had stronger, solid evidence.
I figure it's got to be that they used a victim's credit card that LE was already watching, and when they pulled up the security video to see who was using it, they found it was the two teens. At that point they became suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member