CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that they had no clue about Lucas/Chynna when they stopped at an old blue van on the Alaska Highway.

But my hunch is that they intentionally burned their truck near "Dease" to make people wonder if there is a connection to "Deese" murder and their disappearance.

I've always had the impression they're panicked inexperienced young men rather than LE taunting psycho savants.

Just my 2 cents.

* We don't have pennies in Canada anymore so I guess you get a nickel. :)

Here is one thing I don’t really understand:
This certainly seemed to start off as a spree killing motivated by perhaps a need for money, a need for transportation or unhappiness at their life situation...we don’t really know yet. Three totally innocent people killed in a relatively short period of time, but since then, as far as we know, they have not hurt anyone else though they are just as short of cash, supplies and transportation as before. Despite the large remote area the two have covered, I do think if they had killed, hurt, robbed, etc anybody else we would have heard about it. Most spree killers just keep on killing until someone, usually the police, put a stop to it. They do not suddenly morph into playing a real-life game of hide and seek.
I just think it’s odd. It makes me think that they are already dead, perhaps by their own hand. If you were going to cause so much chaos and despair, going to show society what super bad dudes you really were, make society sit up and notice you...why do you suddenly stop with the show?

Yes I was thinking the same exact thing. I’m sure they do get off on the cat and mouse game with LE. But I don’t understand why it’s dragging out...to waste time and resources and prolong the public panic? But you’d think they’d still be wreaking havoc in the meantime. Did they suddenly grow consciences? But then why not just let yourselves get caught by LE. Not to sound callous but if they want to die in a fight with cops what in the world are they waiting for?

And I also thought they’d be dead somewhere many days ago, but then we get these reports of recent sightings. Even if they’re dead now, we know that they wandered around at least a week (I think) after the murders, not committing any other crimes (and least none they’ve done so obviously as to be attributed to them).

The psychology here is bizarre and I can’t figure out what they’re thinking about their end game.

They didn't get the jobs they wanted, they did not want to go home, there was no reason to, they thought they were on an adventure that turned into no results. They created their own adventure, after all it was summer time, who needs to go to a place with people they don't like. They had a little bit of money, they needed more. They stole because they had no choice , they killed because they needed the money and were confronted. Whoever had the gun knew they were going to use it. Once the adventure started there was no turning back. They took the road as far as it went through the backroads, then burned the car because one of them was already in the second stolen back up car. By the time police found the burned RAV they were long gone headed south, the only place with roads. All gas stations have cameras these days, they won't go far without gas, the only real way out is to hijack another car, each full tank is about 350 miles. They will need gas, and food sooner or later, wherever they are they are all hidden. Only three options here for me. 1. They escaped the perimeter in another car, 2. They are holed up in an abandoned cabin (Dannemora) 3 they are in Gillam holding someone or two people hostage. The first thing the RCMP should have done is canvassed 1000 people a week ago that was the last place they were seen. Why wait a week? I doubt they were going into the bush, there was always an exit plan. The visit to the store, that was them being clever, they knew they were in cam, all part if the game. Remember they are teenagers, possibly medicating, they think they are infallible. This is a summer adventure to escape the boredom and depression of home, at any price. Think like a teenager, they will be caught this week. It was all planned. "Mr. Schmegelsky’s father has said he believes it’s a suicide mission and that he now understands the black suit his son bought with one of his Walmart paycheques was a funeral suit" They were always on a mission... Just an opinion.

Last edited:
RE Ritalin
I'm just saying one comment about him doing it one time isnt really enough to extrapolate drug problems, especially since theres no other mention of drug issues (except that they didnt have them) and in that scenario seems designed to impress. Im not saying thats the case, moreso just saying we really dont know and cautioning against letting your speculations run away with you. Evidence this is some sort of drug fueled frenzy is non existent

RE motive
Longer this goes on without incident more likely it seems they bit off more than they could chew in some way. The three days wait between liard and dease could have been them trying to lay low until they seen themselves on the news and panicked. short any new explosive info, I think id be surprised to learn they pre-planned a killing spree. At least both of them and with a high degree of intentionality. Seems like robbery gone wrong or otherwise the situation has gotten way beyond their control. Ideas of them purposefully being on camera and taunting LE ring hollow to me, personally, at this point

Yes I was thinking the same exact thing. I’m sure they do get off on the cat and mouse game with LE. But I don’t understand why it’s dragging out...to waste time and resources and prolong the public panic? But you’d think they’d still be wreaking havoc in the meantime. Did they suddenly grow consciences? But then why not just let yourselves get caught by LE. Not to sound callous but if they want to die in a fight with cops what in the world are they waiting for?

And I also thought they’d be dead somewhere many days ago, but then we get these reports of recent sightings. Even if they’re dead now, we know that they wandered around at least a week (I think) after the murders, not committing any other crimes (and least none they’ve done so obviously as to be attributed to them).

The psychology here is bizarre and I can’t figure out what they’re thinking about their end game.

MOO, but I highly doubt these guys are hiding somewhere thinking to themselves "Gee, we are wasting a lot of time and resources and prolonging public panic". I don't see any sort of conscience whatsoever. They're either dead in the bush, have already left Gillam, or they're surviving in the bush and have a lot more experience with outdoor survival skills than we have all assumed (this is the weakest option out of them all).

As far as i can tell, there has been no aggression towards anyone since the first three deaths. It seems all their interactions with others since have been within the realm of normalcy. Why?

Maybe true for KM but there are plenty of reports coming out that BS was weird, weird, weird. A kid stopped gaming with BS because of his comments online. The grandmother's neighbour's kid stopped playing with him because of his weird comments. A female classmate reported violent weird comments.

But my hunch is that they intentionally burned their truck near "Dease" to make people wonder if there is a connection to "Deese" murder and their disappearance.
But why would they want to link themselves to a double murder? That would just turn the focus onto them. Until the police made the connection (and we still don't know how), they were only considered missing.
I'd guess Deese/Dease is just coincidental like a bearded guy grey vehicle/one of the pair with beard grey Rav4.

MOO, but I highly doubt these guys are hiding somewhere thinking to themselves "Gee, we are wasting a lot of time and resources and prolonging public panic". I don't see any sort of conscience whatsoever. They're either dead in the bush, have already left Gillam, or they're surviving in the bush and have a lot more experience with outdoor survival skills than we have all assumed (this is the weakest option out of them all).

If they left Gilliam, or are surviving in the bush...why? Just thinking out loud. It’s odd that they would start out so “amped” and kill 3 people and burn cars, and then go survive off the land in an obscure location. Not saying it’s impossible of course I just find it odd. Then again I’m not going to pretend like I understand them. These are clearly two very weird, messed up dudes.

But why would they want to link themselves to a double murder? That would just turn the focus onto them. Until the police made the connection (and we still don't know how), they were only considered missing.
I'd guess Deese/Dease is just coincidental like a bearded guy grey vehicle/one of the pair with beard grey Rav4.

They wouldnt have the rav for another few days after the couple was killed. They would still have been in the big pickup with a camper

not sure here but I think we're all assuming police made the connection when they found the rav which most think belonged to LD

you're way confused. They wouldnt have the rav for another few days after the couple was killed. They would still have been in the big pickup with a camper

not sure here but I think we're all assuming police made the connection when they found the rav which most think belonged to LD
No, I'm talking about the burning of the truck near Dease Lake. I think Dease/Deese is likely coincidental.

Just like the bearded guy with a grey vehicle who talked to Deese and Fowler is completely unrelated even though Mcleod has a beard and the teens were later spotted in a different grey vehicle. The vehicle colour and facial hair is coincidental. Deese/Dease is coincidental.

How often do criminals - especially those wanted for a felony like this - turn themselves in? They aren't wanted for a low-level crime. They're wanted for murder. I think most of us know that any argument about extenuating circumstances, it being an accident, etc. will be rightfully called out as bogus.

It might be called out as bogus in the public realm, but it has significance in a court of law. Extenuating circumstances would definitely figure into any sentencing that is ultimately rendered. If events had spiraled out of control, and the crimes were unplanned, the suspects would have saved themselves considerable grief by surrendering to authorities and providing full and frank disclosure of exactly what transpired. Again, they didn't do that. This suggests that it wasn't an unplanned tragedy, that they had little or no remorse. As for why they subsequently took the remote cross-country route to roads's end in the northern reaches of Manitoba, it now seems that they felt that was the best way to avoid capture. Hindsight is 20/20, but they seem to have been right about that.

I also feel because it's been so "quiet", that perhaps they took their own lives in northern MB. The only thing is, if that was their end plan, why go all that distance to do it? I guess the only way I see it likely is if they ran out of resources and made the mistake of running themselves out of road. It just seems that if they were on the run that someone would have spotted them by now. I've seen numerous claims on Twitter that they were possibly spotted hitch hiking. Perhaps this is what the RCMP are trying to track down now.
It seems they have not murdered again since their names / identities were released. Perhaps this says something also? I'm no killer, but maybe it changes things once people know it's you- ie it's not a big mystery that you have the thrill of being behind.

No, I'm talking about the burning of the truck near Dease Lake. I think Dease/Deese is likely coincidental.

Just like the bearded guy with a grey vehicle who talked to Deese and Fowler is completely unrelated even though Mcleod has a beard and the teens were later spotted in a different grey vehicle. The vehicle colour and facial hair is coincidental. Deese/Dease is coincidental.
Oh I see now, didnt notice the person you were replying to was implying a connection to name similarity. Yeah I agree thats just coincidental. Theres also a lake mcleod on their route, doesnt mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419