GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

Oh man, at this far down in the thread I’m not getting the feeling this was premeditated in any way. My heart hurts for this family, I can’t even imagine..

Oh, I agree. This Dad's vibe is so different.

I do have the nagging question -- did he back the car into the parking space???

(yeah, we just know ole' Ross too well, I suppose.)

OH MY GAWD. Once again. Horrible. Just horrible. I personally do not believe this was an intentional act. I too questioned how this happen. Until it happened to someone I know and love.

Not only does this dad have to live with guilt...but grief beyond anything we can imagine.

I am beyond heartbroken for these two children and everyone who knows and loves this family. Life will never ever be the same.

From the article: “According to NYPD sources, one year-olds Luna and Phoenix Rodriguez were found by the father unconscious and foaming from the mouth in the back seat at Kingsbridge Terrace and West Kingsbridge Road just after 4 p.m.”

That is a lie. They were not unconscious and foaming at the mouth at 4 pm if he left them in the car at 8 am. They were dead and had probably been dead long enough that rigor mortis had begun.

And if investigators believe this was a tragic accident, why has he been charged? They didn’t have to charge him with anything. I have a feeling police are looking at his cell phone, his computers, his financial records...I won’t be at all surprised when we find out there’s more to this story.

Just for the record I believe 100% that a parent/caregiver can accidentally leave a child in the car without any malicious intent.

And if investigators believe this was a tragic accident, why has he been charged? They didn’t have to charge him with anything. I have a feeling police are looking at his cell phone, his computers, his financial records...I won’t be at all surprised when we find out there’s more to this story.

Just for the record I believe 100% that a parent/caregiver can accidentally leave a child in the car without any malicious intent.
Why charged? Even if it was an accident, he is still responsible for their deaths. imo

I'm on the fence with this one, at this point.

jmo

Why charged? Even if it was an accident, he is still responsible for their deaths. imo

I'm on the fence with this one, at this point.

jmo

Right. Negligent homicide is the right charge here in my opinion. I feel so bad for this family. Thankfully my brain farts have never resulted in something so horrific, but if I did something like this, I would want to be charged and punished.

Right. Negligent homicide is the right charge here in my opinion. I feel so bad for this family. Thankfully my brain farts have never resulted in something so horrific, but if I did something like this, I would want to be charged and punished.
The look on his face, that anguish, tells me he has the same reaction you expect you would have. I agree - I would also feel so responsible and want to be punished - if only as a way to handle the horrible burden of the guilt.

jmo

Why is this so prevalent since the early 1990s when we never heard of such a thing prior to this time- if it happened it was rare---
Why is this so prevalent since the early 1990s when we never heard of such a thing prior to this time- if it happened it was rare---
Parents were with their kids more often, rather than dropping them off somewhere - not as easy to forget a baby when you're expecting to be with the baby all day long.

Also, kids weren't in car seats so they could move around, making them not only more noticeable to the driver, but to others. Well, in the 1990s, they were in car seats and even in the decade before. But in the 70s, they weren't (my childhood era - no car seats, no seat belts).

I do remember being left in the car when my mom ran errands, but I wasn't a baby. I remember being hot and rolling down the windows while I waited for her (short errands - I wasn't neglected),. Windows can't be opened without a key in the ignition these days and kids in car seats can't reach beyond the seats, even if old enough to know how to reach car door handles.

I don't know the ultimate reason for more car deaths, of course, but just brainstorming.

jmo

I don't think it's happening more. We're just hearing about it more because of the WWW, national news shows, etc. Before the Internet, how would a news station in Charleston hear about a hot car death in Vegas? They probably wouldn't so it would not have been in the daily Charleston newspaper.

IIRC, people were sympathetic too Ross at this stage of the investigation.

Not me! I've changed jobs & let my certification lapse, but at the time of Cooper Harris' murder by his father, I was a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician:

Child Passenger Safety

In order to back his mid-sized SUV into that parking space at the Home Depot office building, murderer Ross Harris bumped Cooper's car seat with his elbow. Would have bumped his memory; would have bumped his conscience -- if he had one. The staff at Chick-fil-A remembered Cooper. The staff at child care remembered Cooper. 'nuff said.

Very different from this Honda Accord situation, very different.

Just my technical expertise, your mileage may vary.

Not me! I've changed jobs & let my certification lapse, but at the time of Cooper Harris' murder by his father, I was a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician:

Child Passenger Safety

In order to back his mid-sized SUV into that parking space at the Home Depot office building, murderer Ross Harris bumped Cooper's car seat with his elbow. Would have bumped his memory; would have bumped his conscience -- if he had one. The staff at Chick-fil-A remembered Cooper. The staff at child care remembered Cooper. 'nuff said.

Very different from this Honda Accord situation, very different.

Just my technical expertise, your mileage may vary.

The father in this case didn't back in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back