Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
A member of the Manitoba Trappers Association told Canada's APTN National News the climate and topography were tricky. He also said traplines — routes along which hunters set traps for animals — ran for hundreds of kilometres across the region, and could be a problem for the fugitives. "No-one's checking them [the traps] right now."

Bear Clan Patrol spots fugitive Canadian teens 'scavenging for food' in remote dump

Wouldn’t that be something, being caught in a trap on a line that no-one’s checking. What a way to die, and it would be slow. They could easily become prey in a situation like that. No food, no shelter, being bitten by hordes of bugs and just lying there hoping a bear or something else doesn't attack them.

Another thing going against them - animal traps! I just want them captured. Captured alive to give answers. I've been at a lost for words...can't imagine how they are still out there. Well, again I'm going to bed hoping they'll be in custody by morning. Good Night All and thanks for all your input.

Another thing going against them - animal traps! I just want them captured. Captured alive to give answers. I've been at a lost for words...can't imagine how they are still out there. Well, again I'm going to bed hoping they'll be in custody by morning. Good Night All and thanks for all your input.
We'll have a good night sleep. I'm off to bed to. Every morning I check to see if they've been captured and they haven't been. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
I’m on my way to York Landing with a satellite truck and won’t have cell service. Follow @CBCAlerts for the latest and my colleagues at @CBCManitoba for updates on the hunt for Canada’s two most wanted men. #cbcmb

8:22 AM - 29 Jul 2019 pst

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
We are in Split Lake, Manitoba tonight with developments on the manhunt for the two B.C. homicide suspects. This story continues to change. We’re live all night with the latest on @CBCNews Network and ⁦@CBCTheNational#cbcmb

EAriXIUUYAc0jNe.jpg

4:38 PM - 29 Jul 2019 pst

Appreciate the work of the Journalists on this story -- not been easy for them...

Two teenage fugitives suspected of a Canadian highway killing spree were reportedly stopped, and then released, by indigenous constables who were oblivious that they were the target of a massive cross-country manhunt.via7news Melb

News about #canadamanhunt on Twitter

Channel 7 News video included
Oblivious because RCMP didn't bother to contact other police about them for so long....

Oh no, I didn’t want to hear this.

Some of the forces in both York Landing and Gillam are going to be redeployed. Peter German, former RCMP Deputy Commissioner explains:

RCNP have discounted the York Landing tip and it looks like things are winding down in Gillam. "The thing seems to be drying up quite frankly. There's a good chance these individuals have gone and we don't really know where they've gone." "They may well have committed suicide and it could take a long time to find them". “At this point, there's not much more the police can do in Gillam or York Landing than make sure the community is comfortable. They've done what they can and they're essentially moving on”.

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of outstanding warrants for other people including some for very serious offences. “We don’t chase after them. They go on a computer until something happens – a tip or they’re arrested for some other offence. There comes a point when you run out of tips and there's not much more you can do other than check family, check friends, check known locations and that sort of thing”.

“The police are going to have to wait until they get a credible tip. They’ll make sure the public are comfortable in York Landing and Gillam and move on”. When asked if there was a window of time he said, “If there’s a specified time period for which you will remain in a community following tips, they’re probably there already. It’s been a week in Gillam. There’s not much more that they can do that they haven’t done. So I would say yes, the window is coming down on Gillam and we really have to wait until another tip comes from somewhere”. There are limited resources. This can’t go on forever with all the resources that are at play right now in Northern Manitoba.”

'Things are winding down in Gillam': analysis

Some of the forces in both York Landing and Gillam are going to be redeployed. Peter German, former RCMP Deputy Commissioner explains:

RCNP have discounted the York Landing tip and it looks like things are winding down in Gillam. "The thing seems to be drying up quite frankly. There's a good chance these individuals have gone and we don't really know where they've gone." "They may well have committed suicide and it could take a long time to find them". “At this point, there's not much more the police can do in Gillam or York Landing than make sure the community is comfortable. They've done what they can and they're essentially moving on”.

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of outstanding warrants for other people including some for very serious offences. “We don’t chase after them. They go on a computer until something happens – a tip or they’re arrested for some other offence. There comes a point when you run out of tips and there's not much more you can do other than check family, check friends, check known locations and that sort of thing”.

“The police are going to have to wait until they get a credible tip. They’ll make sure the public are comfortable in York Landing and Gillam and move on”. When asked if there was a window of time he said, “If there’s a specified time period for which you will remain in a community following tips, they’re probably there already. It’s been a week in Gillam. There’s not much more that they can do that they haven’t done. So I would say yes, the window is coming down on Gillam and we really have to wait until another tip comes from somewhere”. There are limited resources. This can’t go on forever with all the resources that are at play right now in Northern Manitoba.”

I think LE is out of options now. They did an exhaustive search in gillam and lake was 24hrs- they can't keep pouring manpower and resources into an empty pit of information.
chess game : K and B are winning
Pause in the game till one makes a move

MHO
these guys were long gone after the rav was torched.
Perhaps they had help from a friend or caught a ride from someone now knowing who they were.
they might have had a friend who is putting them up- either a guy or girl friend- perhaps someone they met online via steam or twitch or the game
i just feel those boys are and have been outta there and are watching the past events via tv or pc

I think LE is out of options now. They did an exhaustive search in gillam and lake was 24hrs- they can't keep pouring manpower and resources into an empty pit of information.
chess game : K and B are winning
Pause in the game till one makes a move
Exactly....they now seem to be grasping at straws. Time to pull out and stop using up our resources. If there is another tip...fine pursue it after making sure it is credible. The whole thing is becoming ridiculous...and so expensive. Meanwhile, the suspect are elsewhere or dead. IMO

MHO
these guys were long gone after the rav was torched.
Perhaps they had help from a friend or caught a ride from someone now knowing who they were.
they might have had a friend who is putting them up- either a guy or girl friend- perhaps someone they met online via steam or twitch or the game
i just feel those boys are and have been outta there and are watching the past events via tv or pc
That was my feelings too...long gone after the burning of the vehicle. Did RCMP ever state that the car actually belonged to Prof Dyck? I knew many assumed it did, but was there any concrete evidence?

I've been following this thread (best resource on the web IMHO!) for several days, after finding it in a search for info on this case. I've been to the Canadian far north (BC side) so this case caught my attention. Some things about it, though, make no sense to me, and bothered me enough to register here in order to post.

What's puzzling me, firstly, is the burned truck (the one found near the deceased professor) shown in one picture unburned with a camper shell. It looks, to me, as if it's been rolled, given the combination of convex deformation of the roof, bending of the right rear cab cornerpost, and the down angle between the bed and the cab. I also found it perplexing that I couldn't see any sign of the camper shell.

Another thing puzzling me, one I've yet to see mentioned here or elsewhere, is an aspect of the split lake checkpoint incident; reportedly, the tribal officers who pulled over the two suspects were unarmed. The suspects, reportedly (based on a statement by one of the officers) pulled over, and "looked scared", when dealing with these two reportedly-unarmed tribal officers. This response seems a bit at odds with the cold-blooded unflappable killers the press seems to portray the suspects as. I'm not in any way implying innocence here (my current hunch is that they are guilty) just wondering if this means anything.

I also wonder about the location of the burned RAV4. Seems a bit coincidental to me that it's very close to the only rail line in the region. I know the southbound passenger train runs through in Tuesdays and the RAv4 was found on a Monday, but, I'm wondering about freight trains. So far, I've found that there's a freight service from Thompson to Churchill and back run by Gardewine, arriving in Churchill on Tuesdays back when the rail line reopened last year (it was shut for 9 months due to flood damage), but I haven't found the current schedule, or if it's the only one. I'm wondering if the suspects could have hopped aboard; freight trains tend to go quite slow on curves, and there are some in the area (including just before the southbound crosses the Nelson). Also, on the train issue, there is a southbound passenger train on Tuesdays, goes through the Amery point (near where the Rav4 was reportedly found) around 4:00 am Wednesday. From what I've seen of news items on the reopening of the rail line, there were many places where the train was limited to about 10kph due to poor track conditions. That'd make jumping in fairly easy (it's roughly jogging speed).

In closing, I'll add that I share the misgivings of some posters here regarding RCMP's listing of the couple killed in the van as "suspicious" for several days. Their explanation for this was that they needed to ID the victims and contact next of kin. The problem I have with that is it's not relevant; naming them is not the issue; warning the public that they were murdered is, and they'd already posted that the occupants (though unnamed) of the blue van were dead. Perhaps there is a good explanation for this, though I cannot fathom it at the moment.

That was my feelings too...long gone after the burning of the vehicle. Did RCMP ever state that the car actually belonged to Prof Dyck? I knew many assumed it did, but was there any concrete evidence?
that's interesting- I have seen many posts pertaining to : was the rav even LD's? have police confirmed it was his car?
1. is it just presumed by us that it was his car?
google is our best friend now lol

I was thinking about the woman who was just recently missing and found safe out there(I've been watching that one too as I'm sure many of us were). She is 85(?)...and she survived out there on her own for 5 days.

Why do so many(not really anyone here) assume that two young men would not be capable of it? I feel like if they were either scared or hopped up on adrenaline this would be even more likely.

What's puzzling me, firstly, is the burned truck (the one found near the deceased professor) shown in one picture unburned with a camper shell. It looks, to me, as if it's been rolled, given the combination of convex deformation of the roof, bending of the right rear cab cornerpost, and the down angle between the bed and the cab. I also found it perplexing that I couldn't see any sign of the camper shell.

This has been on my mind as well since I first saw the photo.

I was thinking about the woman who was just recently missing and found safe out there(I've been watching that one too as I'm sure many of us were). She is 85(?)...and she survived out there on her own for 5 days.

Why do so many(not really anyone here) assume that two young men would not be capable of it? I feel like if they were either scared or hopped up on adrenaline this would be even more likely.

This has been on my mind as well since I first saw the photo.
I think the picture of the truck with the camper hood was a photo from before. the person who owned that truck must have sold the camper part because the burned out version had NO camper hood
Burned out truck found near Dease Lake allegedly connected to BC double murder suspects | Watch News Videos Online

That is sad to hear this news but being realistic about it I think if I was commander of the search I would probably do the same thing once I exhausted all avenues for trying to find them near Gillam or York Landing.

Especially in this area because it is too vast and too wooded to be able to do much more.

One tactic I would do and I am hoping they are secretly doing it is to have a small rapid response force of a few people that would stay behind and be ready to act if another local tip surfaces. Maybe keep them nearby for at least a week just in case the two are holed up and waiting for the heat to die down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59