Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the current height estimate on BG? Wouldn’t you think it would be accurate since LE could calculate the distance from Libby to BG in the video? (The original video, not the version that they have released). For those of you with your own personal suspicions on suspects, have you checked their heights (if you can find them) against the FBI description?

What reason would LE have to hope they'd run off to relatives....?

This would imply p
roblems at home for one or both of them - to run away

Just curious to your thoughts. Have not heard yet that LE would have any reason to believe they would willingly run away

TIA

Nothing substantiated. Libby's mom lives in sn adjacent state. Perhaps they'd hoped she was trying to get to her. We don't know.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Gray’s Delphi videos BUT I just happened to be watching his “Discuss Cases In The News” from July 25th (around the 3:00-4:00 mark) and thought it was very rude for him to call people from Websleuths “clowns” and said how stupid we are. According to GH we are literally dumb people.

Yeah, really. We are ALL amateur sleuthers. Him included.

What reason would LE have to hope they'd run off to relatives....?

This would imply problems at home for one or both of them - to run away

Just curious to your thoughts. Have not heard yet that LE would have any reason to believe they would willingly run away

TIA

Because teenagers do run away and most get found, when police get involved for missing teens there is already something wrong. Having it resolved as a runaway or irresponsible communication situation would obviously be a better outcome than being missing, or what the actually happened.

MOO that wasn't BG that was seen at 3:02 at the FB. I can't find any mention except as seen by... not sure. Though possibly CME saw BG if she was ahead of FSG on the trail, amd could be anticipated to be getting back to FB around that time. There was man on the platform with a shofar at that time did not see a man.

I am going to add, why was BBR yard searched? MOO someone saw something being thrown from a car after 3pm on 2/13/17. If so where was the car headed going west out of town on a secondary road? Or was he just cautiously driving around randomly before return to his nearby home in the dark?
Even if I completely disregard the witness statements, I know the SC photo was taken at 2:07 or earlier. The previous FBI billboard listed 2:30 as the 'last seen' time for BG, which we've assumed was the clip on the bridge. How did nearly 30 minutes pass between the SC photo, and the bridge video? I know teenagers dawdle, but 30 minutes to cross the bridge and wait for BG to cross? And that's just to get to the south end of the bridge. Next you have to add the time it takes to get to the crime scene, however they got there. Then the murder. Then BG getting out. And by 3:11 DG is at the park calling Libby's phone with no answer. It's too tight. Too lucky. JMO

I don't know if what I posted earlier today seems plausible to anyone else, but IMO, that 2:30 time fits much better to the "down the hill" and TOD. The FBI billboard didn't explicitly say it was the time of the bridge video. Why couldn't it be the last bit of her audio recording (which could have actually been captured via video)? LE said they died within minutes of the video (recording). Was it around 2:30? BG than had ample time to kill two girls and leave long before DG was around, or, if you will, perhaps before any of those witnesses.

Last edited:
Because teenagers do run away and most get found, when police get involved for missing teens there is already something wrong. Having it resolved as a runaway or irresponsible communication situation would obviously be a better outcome than being missing, or what the actually happened.

Yeah - this is possible, but go into the minds of LE.

Call off a search for girls missing barely dark in winter

Don't bother searching again until 10 am next morning

Why?

If they were going to grandma's then LE would have known by then. If they were going to any relatives they would have popped up on the radar before 10 am the next day.

Maybe they were so sure they weren't in the area that their search efforts were elsewhere - canvassing, etc. They simply didn't think they'd been murdered right there....

I have no doubt, at this point, LE regrets some stuff.

JMO

Maybe even wishful thinking. If my kid disappeared then I'd be praying that they got a stick up their hiney and ran off to grandma's. Mine have never done that before, but it would be a heck of a lot better to hope for that than to believe they were lying dead in a ditch somewhere.

Why?

If they were going to grandma's then LE would have known by then. If they were going to any relatives they would have popped up on the radar before 10 am the next day.

Maybe they were so sure they weren't in the area that their search efforts were elsewhere - canvassing, etc. They simply didn't think they'd been murdered right there....

JMO

There were other ways/places to search than just walking around the park-people to call, friends' houses to visit, hospitals to check, etc. Just because they called off the park search (it was cold, dark, and dangerous for the searchers) doesn't mean they stopped looking altogether.

There were other ways/places to search than just walking around the park-people to call, friends' houses to visit, hospitals to check, etc. Just because they called off the park search (it was cold, dark, and dangerous for the searchers) doesn't mean they stopped looking altogether.

Exactly. Thanks for elucidating what I merely skirted

I don't wish to sound anti LE

I am not at all

Much respect to them

& I have no doubt their 'regrets' haunt them with this case. I've no desire to add to it

Many of you are much more well versed in the particulars of this case - s0 when I read about LE hoping they'd run away to a relatives: that was potential news to me! The mere idea that it was assumed they'd wish to run away. Thanks for clearing that up

Hope it's solved soon

JMO

Why?

JMO

We've obviously gone over this many times. We don't know what resources were available....beyond that there were people available. We really cannot fault LE if we don't understand the resources readily available.

If it was up to me, I probably would have wanted to keep LE in the creek all night long.....if.....if I could provide the necessary resources to have them do that. Or, unless it was going to rain.

Both of these girls had seemingly good home lifes. MOO

They tried to get an Amber Alert and they couldn't get one from the ISP.
I assume they pulled back community searchers at midnight because they thought were a liability to themselves, and to let the panicked and exhausted family go sleep and let the volunteer police, fire, NR officers along with capable community members continue the search through the night unofficially. Still they didn't go east of the bridge till the next day.

Last edited:
We've obviously gone over this many times. We don't know what resources were available....beyond that there were people available. We really cannot fault LE if we don't understand the resources readily available.

If it was up to me, I probably would have wanted to keep LE in the creek all night long.....if.....if I could provide the necessary resources to have them do that. Or, unless it was going to rain.
I am fairly new here so still ponder about the search. Going back in my thoughts to where it started...
Also I don’t think anyone blames LE for not doing their very best.

The man you mentioned who blows the shofar. It was never said exactly where he was working that day, he just said in the area. You said in your post he was at Freedom Bridge right? He's in the second part of this article.

As tips pour in, some in Delphi turn to faith

Thank you. I forgot his name.
I saw a video interview with him about being at Freedom Bridge on 2/13/17. He said in that interview that unfortunately he didn't see anyone. I never can seem to find video news interviews anymore so I can't check if I understood him correctly, that he was on the platform at that time.

Even if he didn't see BG, in this article he says he passed some things on to the investigators.

MOO I think they are getting closer. They have had so many investigative doors to open and close before they find the one or two that lead to further questions and investigations.

Last edited:
The crime scene tape encompasses a surprisingly large area. I think they were flat out running at that point. I think it was dragged out over a larger area than just where the bodies ended up. MOO.

The outer perimeter of a crime scene is always a much larger border than the crime scene itself. It not only keeps people/onlookers away, but more importantly, secures the core of the crime scene.

What is the current height estimate on BG? Wouldn’t you think it would be accurate since LE could calculate the distance from Libby to BG in the video? (The original video, not the version that they have released). For those of you with your own personal suspicions on suspects, have you checked their heights (if you can find them) against the FBI description?

I'm confused on the suspect description. At one point it was 5' 6" to 5' 10", 180-220 pounds, reddish-brown hair. (From FBI poster)

But, I found a different description in a USA article from April of 2019.

According to an FBI description, the suspect weighs between 180 and 200 pounds and stands between 5 feet, 6 inches tall and 5 feet, 8 inches tall. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket or coat and a hoodie at the time of the killings.

bbm

The man you mentioned who blows the shofar. It was never said exactly where he was working that day, he just said in the area. You said in your post he was at Freedom Bridge right? He's in the second part of this article.

As tips pour in, some in Delphi turn to faith

That's interesting. I remember a shofar blower at the funeral of LaVoy Finicum. Lavoy was part of the Oregon Bird Sanctuary standoff, along with Bundy's at the standoff & Lavoy was shot in a chase/standoff. Quick look finds someone by that name with a PO he violated in another state. Forgive me for jumping in on this subject. the bone horn just reminded me of that day. I don't think he did it or anything. He doesn't look like the mug of the offender. The man blowing the horn at the funeral was similar to him though. iirc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member