Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? You are joking around about a man that killed two innocent young girls. I can’t imagine what their families would think if they saw this. Not funny.
I don't think it was irreverent. Laughing was just trying to lighten the mood and did put a warning on the post. Sometimes a bit of levity is needed. Moo.

I was reading some older posts and saw a couple of names mentioned. My curiosity peaked as I had not recalled seeing the names previously. I heard rumors of the girl(s) having boyfriend(s) but assumed it was a rumor as most posters claimed it was. I also spotted a post on SM by the father of one rumored boyfriend confirming one of the girls was his girlfriend. I'm sure these boys have been checked out and I'm sure by not mentioning them in news it saves them from being harassed, which is the correct thing to do with minors. But each time I go back and review I see the entire situation from an entirely different perspective. I think "how did I miss that?"
It is briefly mentioned in one of the Renner interviews from last year with AW. If you havent seen them, links are in the media thread, page 39 post 772.

Why do you suggest bus driver? A teacher, principal, coach, school counselor, school nurse, or parent of a child attending this particular school would all be aware of the schedule for that day.

Perhaps he didn't know school was out that day so his plan was to get there around 2pm, check things out, prepare, and wait? Coincidentally for him, he didn't have to wait long?

I guess it depends where one lives. I live in a village with around 300 houses and farms quite spread out but know the majority of them I would think. Meet at village functions, pub, shop, walking dog etc.

Everyone would pretty much turn out here if that happened. We are also a coastal community with volunteer coastguards, first responders, lifeboat etc and big influx of tourists in the summer.

Must admit I am going slightly off topic with this comment and was just trying to say village life just isn't what it was. The sense of community has all but vanished. Hang on to what you have @tresir2012

MingyMoo

I now believe the crime was planned but the victims were not planned (I.e. the killer wanted to commit the crime and planned it but the girls happened to be the ones who walked into his trap). I believe this guy is a predator who fantasized about the crime. He had a spot staked out, the gear prepped to conduct the crime, and he went into those woods along that trail and those poor girls, sadly, were the ones who showed up.

However what does not make sense to me is the timing. If you were trolling for little girl victims on a weekday in those woods, wouldn’t you be there later in the day after school let out? It makes me wonder if he is somehow connected to the school system and so knew the unusual schedule for that day. A bus driver?

I also think they have DNA and just don’t have a match. Have they ever asked for volunteer swabs of community residents?

All MOO
Everyone in the area knew, or could have known that school was not being held that day. The date was posted on the school calendar, the sign, and widely advertised.

Here in Indiana snow makeup days are seldom used. I happened to be working in a school in a district near Delphi and the sign in front of the school said “February 13 NO SCHOOL”

It would have been noted in the local newspaper paper as well.

The video was not posted to Snapchat, the photo of the bridge and Abby on the bridge were posted.

The search was called off after searching the area and not finding the girls (they were looking for live girls, not bodies) due to it being dark. Volunteers and family continued searching throughout the night. At that point LE said the girls were not presumed to be in danger. Even the girls family were assuming the girls had ran off to a family members house and were calling around. They continued to search in other ways than searching the trail area where they had already looked for the girls. No one expected this to end in tragedy.

True

So therefore it is not actually BG at Freedom Bridge at 3:02. It was the OBG who we are supposed to disregard.... I wonder where and by who YBG was sighted?
What if the witness who reported seeing BG on Freedom Bridge WAS BG? Maybe he ditched or put in backpack his outerwear, hat, scarf, hoodie but described what he was previously wearing in order to be a witness and not a suspect?

People have theories, ideas, and opinions, and I think most of the time people are entitled to their theory, idea, or opinion.

My opinion when it comes to making theories or stating opinions about this case is to remember that Liberty German did something more than just film the bridge guy. I think I can safely assume her video of him has a timestamp. So in this case it should be relatively easy to determine alibis based on that timestamp. And it has been almost 2 and a half years.

Actually it depends on how she made the video - what app she used. If it was SC and saved to memories, but not posted then you wouldn’t necessarily easily be able to tell when the video was made easily. If it was with the photo function of the phone then yes. Has LE released where it came from?

Actually it depends on how she made the video - what app she used. If it was SC and saved to memories, but not posted then you wouldn’t necessarily easily be able to tell when the video was made easily. If it was with the photo function of the phone then yes. Has LE released where it came from?
What could have made the phone stop recording? I'm guessing Libby didn't turn it off, but does the audio recorder or video function time out? Do the apps have a time limit? Would dropping the phone make it stop?

Maybe I should wait until my second cup of coffee to post lol. I am having such a hard time understanding this Freedom Bridge sighting of BG and how it's still relevant. The OBG had facial hair and a hat in the sketch and the YBG has neither and looks 30 yrs younger. Are the two sketches both from this 3:02 Freedom Bridge sighting and supposed to be of the same person?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that there were two men on the trail in blue jackets and two sketches made of two different people. Then one of these men was sighted from afar at Freedom Bridge and LE went with the older sketch that matched the voice and video best.

Why would he be at another bridge after the murders (because we think they happened right after the 2:30 "last sighting", right?) instead of sneaking off to his car? Is the CPS building near the Freedom Bridge?

I hope this makes sense!

Maybe I should wait until my second cup of coffee to post lol. I am having such a hard time understanding this Freedom Bridge sighting of BG and how it's still relevant. The OBG had facial hair and a hat in the sketch and the YBG has neither and looks 30 yrs younger. Are the two sketches both from this 3:02 Freedom Bridge sighting and supposed to be of the same person?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that there were two men on the trail in blue jackets and two sketches made of two different people. Then one of these men was sighted from afar at Freedom Bridge and LE went with the older sketch that matched the voice and video best.

Why would he be at another bridge after the murders (because we think they happened right after the 2:30 "last sighting", right?) instead of sneaking off to his car? Is the CPS building near the Freedom Bridge?

I hope this makes sense!
I measured 750 feet. The CPS building is 750 feet north of the Freedom Bridge.

I hope this makes sense!

Yes, the CPS building was near the Freedom Bridge and if someone was parked at the CPS lot, they would have had to walk by the Freedom Bridge to get back to their vehicle.

We don't really know where the witnesses saw the man(men) in the OBG or the YBG sketches. We don't even know if it was from the trail, or even the same day.

As for the 2:30 time, I was the one who brought that up, and I'm not sure it's plausible. I don't want you to think that is the widely accepted theory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname