CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

"There are times at work where I sit there working and like a little boy I lost my mommy and I start crying.

poor matt. I truly feel his pain.:(
have the feeling his mother has been slowly slowly taken away from him over time.( that's just speculation on my part)
but how cruel and vindictive RT NOT EVEN TELLING HIM AT ALL.:mad:
suss.

"The sheriff's department stopped looking for Barbara Thomas July 22nd. They're pursuing other leads, and so is Shellinkout."

as to be expected.o_O

moo

thanks for the links guys helps keep us all up to speed quickly :)
Sorry I'm behind again.. but seems that the son was told after 6 six days that his mom was missing, by LE, rather than having ever been informed by his mother's husband.. I take it the family relationship was therefore not good between RT and the son from before this happened? Anyone know how long it had been troubled and/or why?

Sorry I'm behind again.. but seems that the son was told after 6 six days that his mom was missing, by LE, rather than having ever been informed by his mother's husband.. I take it the family relationship was therefore not good between RT and the son from before this happened? Anyone know how long it had been troubled and/or why?

It also raised a question for me - why did no one else in the family contact her son? Other family members most likely knew before him as well.

Been following the last 4 threads for Barbara but this is the 1st time I've commented. Appreciate the VI nephew very much. Thanks so much for joining here. I'm so sorry your beautiful aunt is missing and hope LE get off their butts and show some cards. I'm sure you tell her son how many people are praying and sending positive energy for Barbara. So glad her son finally did a news piece.

Thanks so much for the photos. She's a beautiful lady. I bet she was more beautiful in person; seeing her in person with her green eyes is probably memorable because you don't see many people with green eyes. I had one friend growing up with green eyes, she passed them on to her daughter. I know one other person with green eyes; Barbara actually reminds me of her; Cathy, missing Aundria Bowman's mother. She also travels with her hub in a camper lol

I have wondered about this too. Having girlfriends is usual even for mature ladies, yet we have heard nothing from them or about them, unless they are keeping quiet. Same you would expect as a couple they had at least a few mutual friends that they might go out to dinner with or share excursions.

I didn't have local friends until 2 years ago when a gal that lives in my development saw me on the site NextDoor; asked me if I was Hungarian or if my hub was because she saw my Hungarian last name. From there we built up a friendship over messaging. She wasn't on Facebook, I got her to join so that she could be in the group I run for our development. At some point we started talking about gardening; I gave her a lot of plants. In the 2 years we've known each other we only went to Walmart together a few times because both she and I have busy lives. She recently moved away so now I don't have anyone local.

I normally don't keep friends; for one I just don't have time. My 6 year old grandson (he and my daughter live with us) keeps me busy when he's not in school. Last year he was in 1/2 day kindergarten.

If it wasn't for the friends I've made here or thru being an advocate for family with a missing loved one; my circle would be as small as Barbara's and even then we don't talk every day. Most of them post daily on Facebook but that's just not my thing. I'll reply to what they posted if I see it or we message.

What Notes?
These that @Gardener1850 iirc captured a ss of, and there seemed to be another page of notes, that didn't apply to this case.
Chi
upload_2019-8-7_8-23-43-png.197299

Last edited:
Have I got this right, SB sheriff called the son to let him know about his mother missing, not RT? Obviously he and RT are not on good terms but still it's his mother! He seems like a very nice person. I feel sorry for him, especially crying when he was at work. Wonder how he ended up in Indiana. Maybe Barb was from there originally before moving to California years ago? Seems everyone in California is from somewhere else.

I am probably wrong, but seems maybe they had at one time lived in San Diego? Can't verify. Just thought I had read that somewhere. Disregard if not applicable, hoping the VI can answer. No allowable link right now.
Chi

It also raised a question for me - why did no one else in the family contact her son? Other family members most likely knew before him as well.
I can imagine the other family (all in HK??) not notifying the son, since who would've imagined that the son would NOT have already been informed, *first*?? Although I suppose it would've been a normal question to ask to make sure? ie 'did you notify BT's son?, did he have any suggestions?, etc..

Jordan Burrows on Twitter
Hope that works. And yes, as far as we've seen, that's the whole (possibly edited) interview.
Chi
Is anyone able to give a hint on what to try - my sound isn't working when I go to that twitter link, although I can hear everything else, ie website links that have vids.. have looked through settings, not seeing anything amiss.. have tried both my built-in audio and my other things I use, neither has sound for this.

Bringing forward this media list compiled originally by @Knox and reposted/bumped up by @Kapua:

-----------------------------
(Perhaps we can contact these news outlets and send them links to the interview with BT's son. Maybe that would generate some interest closer to BT's home/area she reportedly disappeared from)
--------------------------------
"Bringing media links forward for those who want to proactively contact them:
Las Vegas News Channel
Man says police think he is a suspect in wife's disappearance
You Ask. We Investigate. story ideas: Click here or email 13investigates@ktnv.com

m.me/ZachNews
news.zachnews@gmail.com
ZachNews

Media Center – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
Email: paffairs@sbcsd.org

Arizona News
Arizona woman missing in California's Mojave Desert
News tips and story ideas
If you see news happening, or know of something that should be covered in The Arizona Republic, email us at newstips@arizonarepublic.com with as much detail as possible and your contact information. You may also call the newsroom at 602-444-NEWS (6397)

Mohave Valley Daily News
Search continues for missing Bullhead City woman
Bill McMillen, Mohave Valley Daily News Editor ext. 5144 / bmcmillen@mohavedailynews.com
BREAKING NEWS EMAIL:breakingnews@mohavedailynews.com

Kapua, Sunday at 3:23 PMReport
#153Unlike+ QuoteReply"
Here are three more email addresses; some news sites have "contact us" boxes, such as the Las Vegas Review-Journal: Contact Us
And someone mentioned Heavy.com yesterday, I contacted them: Contact Us | Heavy.com

https://thebee.news/breaking-news
https://www.havasunews.com
needlesdesertstar@nwppub.com

Is anyone able to give a hint on what to try - my sound isn't working when I go to that twitter link, although I can hear everything else, ie website links that have vids.. have looked through settings, not seeing anything amiss.. have tried both my built-in audio and my other things I use, neither has sound for this.
No audio for me on the twitter link either. Can someone paraphrase please? TIA

I can imagine the other family (all in HK??) not notifying the son, since who would've imagined that the son would NOT have already been informed, *first*?? Although I suppose it would've been a normal question to ask to make sure? ie 'did you notify BT's son?, did he have any suggestions?, etc..

Family dynamics can be interesting. It's possible that RT, for whatever reason, felt it best for LE to contact the son and told them that.

No audio for me on the twitter link either. Can someone paraphrase please?
TIA

Try this:

Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

Try this one: lafayette man's mom missing

The notes pages on Isreal and Palestine were dated 2017 at the top. They looked like something a college student studying the middle east conflict would take during a class. I think it's safe to say those topics are completely unrelated to Barbara's disappearance.

Here is the relevant notes page about Barb with "Bullhead City" at the top and even has the name and phone numbers of the detective for her case:
View attachment 197299
From the video here: Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

Some very interesting notes there. I wonder why the news didn't show Barb's son talking about any of those controversial topics? It seems that they cut down the interview quite a bit.

MOO.

I flagged my post to ask the mods if we allowed to discuss the words on the notes page shown by the news. Most of the info shown in the notes was not mentioned by the reporter. I'm really interested to know some more about some of those topics. Perhaps the VI can answer questions, but I don't want to get the thread shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim