Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Natalie Christopher, 34, British, missing after jog, Ikaria, 5 August 2019

Running a sports camp for girls I would think she would be in tune with safety precautions as far as communicating when and where you’re running... I’m all about independence and taking time for yourself to do self care activities, but with that I always let my partner (or whoever I’m with) know what’s going on- so she doesn’t worry but also so if something happens she will know where to look/start a search. If I woke up and my partner had left I’d be so salty!!!
My hinky meter is reading this as slightly strange... sitting on my hands for now and hoping they find her alive in the wilderness

that is correct, and something i found interesting, too. she appeared, on fb, to be alone on her vacation. there were a few comments, or at least one, with mentions of meeting her there in the upcoming days (from female(s), but no mention of bf or pics.

Perhaps because it is primarily a work-related page,lots of info about the activities of the organisation she runs. But it's obvious they're not an established couple or I'd expect to see even a tiny mention of him somewhere. Btw do we know if he's Greek Cypriot or Turkish Cypriot?

16995146-7331131-image-a-2_1565181746234.jpg

Dr Natalie Christopher: Missing Briton's phone 'turned on' in Greece | Daily Mail Online

Quotes from article:

The Greek island of Ikaria (pictured) is located 10 nautical miles south west of Samos and is named after the Greek legend of Icarus. Kerame (not pictured above) is where the focus of the manhunt is taking place with the mountainous areas being of interest to the police. Natalie Christopher had been running up a rocky hill when she last spoke to her partner.[BBM]

The area of Ikaria where Dr Christopher is said to have been running has paths across steep sea cliffs and is within roughly ten miles of her hotel.

Dr Christopher's friend Hannah Prescott, 37, a Scottish writer, told the Evening Standard: 'Everyone is extremely worried. Where she was running is just the middle of nowhere. We really feel for her boyfriend and friends and family.

'We don’t know what has happened. She is a very experienced trail runner.'

Ms Prescott added that Dr Christopher had been wearing a Suunto Ambit 3 athletic watch which could prove vital in tracking her location.

Her boyfriend told Protothema News yesterday that she told him that she was jogging up a hill in a rocky part of the island, and promised that she would be careful.

'I can't go fast, I'll be back slowly, don't worry,' he claims she told him.

'He is a very good lad, he's from Cyprus. He's lost it, he has panicked, he cannot believe it,' the man told Greek media.

"He described Dr Christopher and her partner as 'a nice little couple' and said there had been no signs of strife between the pair".

"In her last Facebook post on Sunday at around 9pm, Dr Christopher shared pictures from a day trip at Seychelles Beach, about an hour's drive of where she had been staying".

She wrote: 'Beautiful spot for swimming and deep water solo . . . had so much fun here today! Realised later there are bolted routes here too, would love to come back again to climb. Any takers?'

The couple were scheduled to head home to Cyprus, where they both work, on the day of her disappearance.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-7_15-12-26.gif
    upload_2019-8-7_15-12-26.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:
A friend said Dr. Christopher’s last-known movements were in a “remote mountainous area where she was running”, and that they hoped her watch could provide clues as to where she is.

She said: “Natalie was wearing a Suunto Ambit 3 watch when she disappeared, and we’re hoping we could use this to track her. This is now day three and time is crucial.”

“Everyone is extremely worried. Where she was running is just the middle of nowhere. We really feel for her boyfriend and friends and family.

'Time is crucial' in hunt for missing London scientist on Greek island

Suunto Ambit 3 athletic watch information - believed to be worn by the victim

DM article above reported that the victim was wearing this watch while jogging

Suunto Ambit3 Sport Blue - GPS watch for multisport

Measurements 50 x 50 x 15.5 mm / 1.97 x 1.97 x 0.61 "
Weight 80 g / 2.82 oz
Bezel material: Steel and polyamide
Glass material: Mineral crystal
Case material: Polyamide
Strap material: Silicone
What's in the box?
Suunto Ambit3 Sport Blue, USB cable, Quick Guide, Warranty Leaflet

MULTISPORT

• 15h battery with 5 sec-GPS accuracy (1 min-accuracy: 100h)
  • Speed, pace, distance and GPS altitude
  • Route navigation and track back
  • Compass
  • Heart rate in swimming**
  • Bike power support (Bluetooth Smart)
  • Multiple sports in one log
  • Interval workout planner*
  • Activity based recovery time
  • Quick recovery and sleep recovery tests (Firstbeat)**
  • Discover new routes with heatmaps on Suunto Movescount and Suunto Movescount App
  • Movescount training programs on the watch
  • Extended feature set through Suunto Apps
  • Languages: EN, CS, DA, DE, ES, FI, FR, IT, JA, KO, NL, NO, PL, PT, RU, SV, ZH

CONNECTIVITY

• Upload and share your moves instantly*
  • Customize your watch on the go*
  • Time and GPS satellite data up to date on the go*
  • Use your phone as second watch display* (Add an extended battery pack for your smartphone to support even longer adventures.)
  • Integration with Strava and TrainingPeaks

ENRICH, RELIVE AND SHARE

• Take photos during your Move showing your current speed, distance, and more*
  • Create a Suunto Movie of your Move with 3D map, key metrics and images*
  • Share your experience instantly to your social media networks*

*with the Suunto Movescount App
**with Suunto Smart Sensor

Note! The Ambit3 watches are Bluetooth Smart compatible, not compatible with ANT+™ (e.g. Suunto ANT PODs, Suunto Dual or Suunto ANT belt)

I just finished reading this thread.

Very concerning about the blood found in her hotel room. My understanding from other cases is that police should be able to tell the difference between blood from a nosebleed and blood from a main artery due to a major injury. Menstrual blood is also completely different. I hope they have the testing equipment to tell the difference.

About the cell phone being off and then on again and seeming to move locations, perhaps someone found it and charged it to turn it on. Hopefully if this happened the person who found it will turn it in to the police and show where it was located.

MOO.

A friend said Dr. Christopher’s last-known movements were in a “remote mountainous area where she was running”, and that they hoped her watch could provide clues as to where she is.

She said: “Natalie was wearing a Suunto Ambit 3 watch when she disappeared, and we’re hoping we could use this to track her. This is now day three and time is crucial.”

“Everyone is extremely worried. Where she was running is just the middle of nowhere. We really feel for her boyfriend and friends and family.

'Time is crucial' in hunt for missing London scientist on Greek island
Looking at the photos of the place, I'm wondering if a boat is one of the amenities for guests? I'm still feeling hinky about the bf. Could he have gone out in a boat with no one seeing him?

We know the maid was around as she heard arguing. Has there been mention of other guests?

jmo

Perhaps because it is primarily a work-related page,lots of info about the activities of the organisation she runs. But it's obvious they're not an established couple or I'd expect to see even a tiny mention of him somewhere. Btw do we know if he's Greek Cypriot or Turkish Cypriot?
I thought it was reported yesterday that he was Turkish Cypriot? Will have to go back and search for MSM reference but I think it was in one of the Greek publications that was translated by one of the wonderful locals on this thread. MOO

nope. he is only referred to as "unnamed man/partner." i have not read one thing about where he is from or if he lived on the island.

I thought it was reported yesterday that he was Turkish Cypriot? Will have to go back and search for MSM reference but I think it was in one of the Greek publications that was translated by one of the wonderful locals on this thread. MOO

From DM:
BF identified as being from Cyprus. Nothing beyond that:

"The hotelier said the police had now sealed off the room and he was putting up Dr Christopher's boyfriend in his own home".

'He is a very good lad, he's from Cyprus. He's lost it, he has panicked, he cannot believe it,' the man told Greek media".

According to reports, she was just found dead, in a remote and hard to access spot.

ETA: A body has been found. Awaiting identification.

Βρέθηκε σορός στην περιοχή εξαφάνισης της 35χρονης στην Ικαρία |thetoc.gr
Oh :(

Rest in Peace, Natalie. You seemed be a person full of life, who touched the lives of many in such positive ways. It's been inspiring just to get a glimpse of your accomplishments. You will be missed.

According to reports, she was just found dead, in a remote and hard to access spot.

ETA: A body has been found. Awaiting identification.

Βρέθηκε σορός στην περιοχή εξαφάνισης της 35χρονης στην Ικαρία |thetoc.gr
Google Maps

Does this spot look correct to you? I'm not sure the greek translation worked properly and I didn't want to post a map of the incorrect location: translated article said, "Katafigi 5 km from the hotel"

Possible jogging route if above location is correct:

Google Maps

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member