GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

I'm so relieved and so thrilled for Belinda's family! Thank goodness!

Same.
When I was finally able to watch video of the verdict yesterday, I was of course relieved that the jury convicted him again, but I was also so disturbed by Evan's breakdown. I can't say I blame him, because he is just another of his father's victims, and the Temple family has controlled the narrative his entire life so of course he thinks David is untouchable, like they all do. Still, I couldn't help but wonder if he'd ever shed tears like that for the loss of his mother and sister, or why, if he's so convinced his dad is innocent, that he has not made it his life's mission to bring their real killer(s) to justice. It seems like he's content to operate like the rest of them, as if Belinda never existed and the only victim in all of this is precious, perfect, persecuted David. All of this made me realize the depths of the mental manipulation in the Temple family, and that made me shudder.

I feel sorry for Evan too, but I think your analysis of Temple and his family is spot on. Evan probably doesn't remember much about Belinda and sadly has clung to the only family he had access to.... maybe someday he will face the truth.

When I was finally able to watch video of the verdict yesterday, I was of course relieved that the jury convicted him again, but I was also so disturbed by Evan's breakdown. I can't say I blame him, because he is just another of his father's victims, and the Temple family has controlled the narrative his entire life so of course he thinks David is untouchable, like they all do. Still, I couldn't help but wonder if he'd ever shed tears like that for the loss of his mother and sister, or why, if he's so convinced his dad is innocent, that he has not made it his life's mission to bring their real killer(s) to justice. It seems like he's content to operate like the rest of them, as if Belinda never existed and the only victim in all of this is precious, perfect, persecuted David. All of this made me realize the depths of the mental manipulation in the Temple family, and that made me shudder.
BBM

Very well said.

Watched a doc. about this case some years back.
So horrific-- and it was clear David murdered Belinda.
By all accounts from those who knew her -- Belinda was a good and loving wife who did nothing to deserve her fate.

David was and is a monster.
That entire family is disgusting to make Evan think his murderous father is innocent.

The following was posted by Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX. He posted the update on his personal Facebook page.

Andy Kahan has supported and continues to support the Lucas family.

Andy attended every day of the David Temple retrial.

Andy Kahan - Facebook
2 hrs ·
Temple Update:
Jury now deliberating the sentence for the offender who murdered his 8 month pregnant wife Belinda.
Major props to special prosecutors Bill Turner and Lisa Tanner for their poignantly elegant closing remarks asking the Jury to send the offender to prison for Life.

Per KPRC (NBC) 4 PM News - Houston, TX:

August 7, 2019 - 4:03 p.m.

David Temple jury is still deliberating. Jury went in to deliberate at 10:42 a.m. CDT.

After more than 5 hours, the jury is still deliberating.

Per Phil Archer, Senior Reporter, with KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX:

August 7, 2019 - KPRC 6 p.m. News:

Just a short while ago, the jury foreman sent out a note asking the judge if they could go home and resume deliberations tomorrow morning.

Judge is expected in the court room shortly to rule on that request.

8/7/19 . .. .

Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX, posted this update on his personal Facebook page:

Jury just dismissed without reaching a decision on punishment. They are being sequestered for the evening
We will be back in court tomorrow hopefully getting a decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KTRK (ABC) on the 6 p.m. News said: Jury dismissed without reaching a decision on David Temple's sentence. They are being sent home for the evening.

The Anchor said "being sent home" for the evening. I imagine they meant that they are being sent to their hotel .. . being sequestered.

Andy Kahan was in the court room and he would know! Jury is being sequestered. Not being sent to their homes!

Last edited:
I really thought the jury would come back with a sentence for David Temple quickly.

He was found guilty of the brutal murder of his 8 month pregnant wife, Belinda Lucas Temple. He shot her in the back of the head as she knelt in her master bedroom closet.

Per one of the mainstream Houston media articles, trial testimony indicated the gunshot to the back of Belinda's head shot her face off. That is brutal and horrific!

I would think the jury would have no problem sentencing David Temple to "Life without the possibility of parole"

I hope the Jury 'hands down' a sentence tomorrow!

Just my opinion!

Last edited:

Updated: Aug. 7, 2019 6:53 p.m.

Snipped:

Jurors will return to the Harris County courthouse on Thursday morning to continue weighing a punishment for David Temple, who was convicted this week in the 1999 death of his pregnant wife.

The twelve panelists and four alternates left with no decision Wednesday evening, after about seven hours of deliberation. The ex-Katy-area football coach faces probation or five years to life in prison — a sentence which would not be acceptable under today’s Texas laws but was allowed in 2007, when Temple was first tried for murder.

Read more:

Prosecutors seek life sentence for David Temple in wife's slaying

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname