Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it will turn out to be someone she had contact with on the day she arrived at the resort. Someone who works there or who was visiting there for whatever reason.

The DM states: Nora had told her family she was 'excited' to visit a waterfall when she arrived at the resort, a volunteer searcher told MailOnline.

How come this was never mentioned before? Maybe the body was purposely placed near there after the reward announced with the hope it to then seem like she had wandered off - although forensics will hopefully prove if murder rather than accidental death.

13 August 2019:

Cops say ‘very certain’ body found nude in jungle is missing Irish teen (VIDEO)

NILAI, Aug 13 — The Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Mazlan Mansor this evening said the police are certain that a body of a female found in the jungle area near The Dusun resort, was missing Irish teen, Nora Anne Quoirin,15.

[...]

“The body was found in a stream inside a ravine... she was completely naked,” he added.

“I went to the fringes around the area... where she was found. The stream was about 1.2km deep in the ravine,” he said.

He also confirmed the search and rescue team have covered the area in their operations before this.

[...]

Police did not divulge further on the man who is said to have tipped off the volunteer, saying he will call for another press conference soon.

Cops say ‘very certain’ body found nude in jungle is missing Irish teen (VIDEO) | Malay Mail

Astonishing - the world press are there and no translator for the questions he answered in Malay - and seemed quite put out that he was asked to speak in English
He also said the body was not in water - then after one of his side kicks spoke to him, he mentioned a small stream
And he also did not know the name of the waterfall ?
The police guy could speak English but his proficiency isn’t great so perhaps in order not to be misinterpreted, he spoke in Malay. I can read in and understand Malay well and think the English reporting hasn’t misunderstood him. Anyhow, he kept reiterating the same / body was found, identity not confirmed, a strong possibility it is Nora. That’s all.

If this had happened in France, very likely the French policeman wouldn’t switch to English either. So, I think it is a bit demanding to expect that from the Malaysian guy if he doesn’t feel comfortable to make official press statements in English.

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

One of those volunteers who offered up their time to go and find Nóra found the body this afternoon by a stream - around 2km from the resort.

Jackie Fox on Twitter

I wonder if he was with anyone else when he found her.

There are many competent doctors who are also educated in Europe, in Malaysia. There is no reason why there should be an initial lack of trust in the health authority in Malaysia who are much better trained for decaying physical bodies in the rainforest than a European expert. It is like asking for an African doctor to fly and do the most portem on bodies found on an iceberg.

Have faith!

You are right - the NHS would be screwed without Asian medical staff - doctors, nurses, dentists. However, I think it's prudent to get a second opinion for absolute clarity, I just hope the results are conclusive enough that there is no lingering doubt and no conspiracy theories.

RIP Nora. I don't know what happened to you but I really hope you didn't suffer.

But, if it’s an abduction, how did the person get her there? Surely the preferred location would be outside of the resort, via the road? Otherwise there will be tyre marks all over the place and it will be rather obvious.

Mirror states: A man earlier phoned the police hotline to say he had found the body. The discovery was made by a waterfall as the search entered its tenth day in the jungle.

So suspicious:( I hope she was not being held somewhere and then sadly killed for the reward, again forensics will hopefully be contacted and time of death prove not the case.

So tragic for her and family - so sad.

I wonder if he was with anyone else when he found her.

You are right - the NHS would be screwed without Asian medical staff - doctors, nurses, dentists. However, I think it's prudent to get a second opinion for absolute clarity, I just hope the results are conclusive enough that there is no lingering doubt and no conspiracy theories.

RIP Nora. I don't know what happened to you but I really hope you didn't suffer.
I am sure, they have a multiple nationalities doctors and more than 2 opinions. It is Malaysia (a multicultural country) and there are also foreign doctors working there. Don’t worry too much - I don’t think the Malaysians are that bad. Most of my Malaysian friends have PHD on top of their medical degrees in Royal College of Surgeons in Glasgow, King’s College London etc. It used to be a British colony!

Mirror states: A man earlier phoned the police hotline to say he had found the body. The discovery was made by a waterfall as the search entered its tenth day in the jungle.

So suspicious:( I hope she was not being held somewhere and then sadly killed for the reward, again forensics will hopefully be contacted and time of death prove not the case.

So tragic for her and family - so sad.
They wouldn’t get the reward if they had killed her first...

But, if it’s an abduction, how did the person get her there? Surely the preferred location would be outside of the resort, via the road? Otherwise there will be tyre marks all over the place and it will be rather obvious.
The area where the body has been found is inaccessible to land vehicles. If someone took her there, either on the day she went missing or if they placed her there recently, they've either had to carry a 5'1" teenager a long way in difficult terrain, or she was simply walking there with them.

MOO, I doubt anyone carried her all that way to dispose of the body there, although it's possible. Personally I think it's more likely that someone led her there, which obviously begs the question, who? She is unlikely to go off with strangers, so IMO it has to be someone she's familiar with or at least met before and trusts/likes. I know there's a possibility she walked there by herself but I think because of her coordination and mobility issues it's unlikely. It's over a 1.5 hour walk from the resort.

All MOO, of course.

The area where the body has been found is inaccessible to land vehicles. If someone took her there, either on the day she went missing or if they placed her there recently, they've either had to carry a 5'1" teenager a long way in difficult terrain, or she was simply walking there with them.

MOO, I doubt anyone carried her all that way to dispose of the body there, although it's possible. Personally I think it's more likely that someone led her there, which obviously begs the question, who? She is unlikely to go off with strangers, so IMO it has to be someone she's familiar with or at least met before and trusts/likes. I know there's a possibility she walked there by herself but I think because of her coordination and mobility issues it's unlikely. It's over a 1.5 hour walk from the resort.

All MOO, of course.
Oh right. Good point. I’m still not seeing it really, but maybe...

The police guy could speak English but his proficiency isn’t great so perhaps in order not to be misinterpreted, he spoke in Malay. I can read in and understand Malay well and think the English reporting hasn’t misunderstood him. Anyhow, he kept reiterating the same / body was found, identity not confirmed, a strong possibility it is Nora. That’s all.

If this had happened in France, very likely the French policeman wouldn’t switch to English either. So, I think it is a bit demanding to expect that from the Malaysian guy if he doesn’t feel comfortable to make official press statements in English.

Malay is not French or English - it is not such a widely known language to the international journalists.
I have some experience of dealing with translation situations and I do feel it would have been appropriate to have an English interpreter/translator on hand to provide instant translation.

I still suspect foul play as I have done from the start. I think they would have found clothing nearby if they had come off in water or she had taken them off. It will be interesting to know EXACTLY what area she was found in as a post mentioned above about her coming from a river into the area, tied in with the sighting of a 'white female swimming in the river'.

ETA:

Personally, I believe, based purely on gut instinct and other cases, that she was put there. I dont believe a criminal (as such) took her, or robbery gone wrong etc.. I would guess it was someone local and she had seen before. All MOO
It would be too oppptunistic for someone local...

I do however think, there was foul play involved. It makes no sense...

Malay is not French or English - it is not such a widely known language to the international journalists.
I have some experience of dealing with translation situations and I do feel it would have been appropriate to have an English interpreter/translator on hand to provide instant translation.
You are right, but I think that place is very remote and probably the press session was ad hoc. In any case, as I said, he hasn’t said anything different than reported as my Malau is fluent. The guy isn’t even very organised in his speech in Malay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa