Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Marie... for the information.

Instead of being disappointed this let's me know LE is uncovering additional evidence that will need to be presented to the GJ.

I was going to be away on my anniversary vacation when this GJ convened. Now I will be able to keep up with it closely if it's at a later date.

Praying with all of you for Savannah to receive justice she so deserves.

Jmho
The GJ hearing could have been delayed due to the autopsy results maybe not being completed yet.

Depending on the results, additional charges could be added for the GJ to consider. Saving the time of having another GJ hearing in the near future when the results are returned and if additional charges are warranted.

JMO

It tells me they don't have the evidence & hope they can get it in the future.
I would assume they thought they had the evidence needed for the charges but possibly something has changed. Could be they discovered someone else is involved. Could be they are waiting on the full Autopsy report or maybe they did get the Autopsy results and need to get the charges and info they want to give the GJ straightened out. Probably a list of reasons to consider on why it may have been delayed.

People who die of natural causes while or after having sex are usually naked.

I don't think you can rule out accidental or natural manners of death just because someone is found naked.

ETA: Until we know if the tape that bound her feet was found on the inside or outside of the garbage bags, the fact that her legs or feet were bound should not constitute foul play.
JMO

I think if one person put the body in garbage bags it would have been helpful to tape her ankles together to keep her legs from flopping out. One person could hold the arms and work with one hand on the bags. Holding the legs too would be difficult. My understanding is when you first die for a few hours your body is very limp. I thought about how it is for me when I double bag my kitchen garbage and how difficult it can be to get one bag over another bag.

Is there a link to the suggestion that the guys did in fact have a video of acts or was this rumor or maybe worse just something printed in the DM? TIA

Asking only because as much as I’ve read the same allegation, I have never seen it quoted in a reliable source and don’t want it stated as fact if it is indeed not. Thanks!

Is there a link to the suggestion that the guys did in fact have a video of acts or was this rumor or maybe worse just something printed in the DM? TIA

Asking only because as much as I’ve read the same allegation, I have never seen it quoted in a reliable source and don’t want it stated as fact if it is indeed not. Thanks!

This link was posted this past Thurs., so 4 days ago:
Surveillance footage shows Savannah Spurlock entering suspect's home and never coming out | Daily Mail Online

ETA: the video is mentioned in the article

Last edited:
I have an update regarding the Grand Jury meeting. Detectives just let us know that the Grand Jury will not hear Savannah's case this Wednesday, August 14. It has been moved to a later date, yet to be determined.

That is all the information that I have.

Time and Patience in our #JusticeforSavannah.
Wow, I hope they can give a press conference with more info at least with the cause of death and what the plan is.

People who die of natural causes while or after having sex are usually naked.

I don't think you can rule out accidental or natural manners of death just because someone is found naked.

ETA: Until we know if the tape that bound her feet was found on the inside or outside of the garbage bags, the fact that her legs or feet were bound should not constitute foul play.
JMO
Thank you, Marie... for the information.

Instead of being disappointed this let's me know LE is uncovering additional evidence that will need to be presented to the GJ.

I was going to be away on my anniversary vacation when this GJ convened. Now I will be able to keep up with it closely if it's at a later date.

Praying with all of you for Savannah to receive justice she so deserves.

Jmho

I think they likely are developing a witness. It takes deep consideration to plea bargain or they may even be working on a full confession which would save everyone time.

Not replying to a specific WS post but the Daily Mail article referenced here multiple times gives an order: "Seven months later her body was found naked and bound in trash bags buried in Sparks' parents' backyard "
I take that as Naked and Bound and then inside trash bags.

How would the prosecution prove she was raped?

Even if Semen from one of them was found in her stomach or vagina that would be easily explainable given she was preforming a sex act on each of them from what the neighbor said about the video that was shared with their coworkers.

I don't recall the neighbor saying Savannah was forced to do anything in the video.

JMO

About 50% of rapes leave genital or nongential injuries (that is from the Merck Manual). Vaginal trauma and/or I assume bruises that align with being restrained.

Agree. There is a reason he buried her body instead of calling LE when she died.

That reason was of benefit to him, and he hoped to get away with whatever he did to Savannah.

JMO

Morning Molly, and all!

Ita!

Imo, none of his actions points to this being accidental. Everything we know right now, which is only a tiny bit, points to the murder of Savannah.

I also don't buy the argument her ankles were bound, and it happened when she was placed in a garbage bag. It's been specifically stated she was found with her ankles bound. LE knows the difference in ankles being specifically bound rather than being caught up with tape around her ankles when she was put into the garbage bag or bags.

Imo, it also shows her ankles weren't bound so she could be dragged since she was removed from his apartment inside the bags, imo.

I have yet to find one hunter that has ever used shipping tape to bind the back legs of any deer. If the deer is bound by rope or whatever.. both front, and hind legs are tied.

Imo, DS bound her ankles together before she was killed so she would be unable to flee his house of horrors.

Imo, the law is clear. No one can claim when they were committing another violent felony against anyone, and then oops, try to pretend the victim was killed because they resisted.

If his DT tries this strategy it will fall quicker than a concrete block thrown off a bridge. Jurors won't buy that excuse for one nano second, imo.

People have been convicted of capital murder even for the getaway driver in an armed robbery where someone was killed inside of a bank etc. even though they weren't the shooter.

I've seen them even charged with murder if someone dies of a heart attack inside of the bank when armed robbers robbed it. Why? Because anyone who was in the middle of committing any other felony at the time is also is held accountable for the murder or death if they were killed during those felonies.

Imo, he should also be charged with kidnapping because the binding of the ankles shows Savannah was not free to leave on her own free will. Imo, Savannah knew she was in grave danger, and I don't have one doubt whatsover this poor young woman wanted to flee trying to save her life.

Imo, that's why she was bound so she wouldn't be able to do so.

I have full faith in jurors. They will not buy the koolaid arguments the DT wants them to drink. Jurors now more than ever before are onto the ridiculous claims, and excuses they come up with which defies common sense, and logic based on the evidence they have before them.

We just saw the ridiculous arguments, and unsupported smear allegations made by both Daron Wint's, and Charles Merritt's DTs. Neither jury bought the BS in either case. Imo, they won't in this one either especially if they try to blame the victim herself.

That never goes over well, and winds up ticking off the jurors highly instead.

Jurors are always mindful it's the accused WHO is on trial, and WHO the evidence is against no matter how much DTs try to distract.

Jmho

Last edited:
Not replying to a specific WS post but the Daily Mail article referenced here multiple times gives an order: "Seven months later her body was found naked and bound in trash bags buried in Sparks' parents' backyard "
I take that as Naked and Bound and then inside trash bags.

I wouldn't put much weight to the order of how an article is worded.

I don't believe information pertaining to if the tape was on the inside or outside of the garbage bags has ever been made public. The only information that has been released about the tape that I know of was done so by a detective during the preliminary hearing, and he didn't make it clear if the tape was applied before or after her death or inside or outside of the trash bags.

JMO

Morning Molly, and all!

Ita!

Imo, none of his actions points to this being accidental. Everything we know right now, which is only a tiny bit, points to the murder of Savannah.

I also don't buy the argument her ankles were bound, and it happened when she was placed in a garbage bag. It's been specifically stated she was found with her ankles bound. LE knows the difference in ankles being specifically bound rather than being caught up with tape around her ankles when she was put into the garbage bag or bags.

Imo, it also shows her ankles weren't bound so she could be dragged since she was removed from his apartment inside the bags, imo.

I have yet to find one hunter that has ever used shipping tape to bind the back legs of any deer. If the deer is bound by rope or whatever.. both front, and hind legs are tied.

Imo, DS bound her ankles together before she was killed so she would be unable to flee his house of horrors.

Imo, the law is clear. No one can claim when they were committing another violent felony against anyone, and then oops, try to pretend the victim was killed because they resisted.

If his DT tries this strategy it will fall quicker than a concrete block thrown off a bridge. Jurors won't buy that excuse for one nano second, imo.

People have been convicted of capital murder even for the getaway driver in an armed robbery where someone was killed inside of a bank etc. even though they weren't the shooter.

I've seen them even charged with murder if someone dies of a heart attack inside of the bank when armed robbers robbed it. Why? Because anyone who was in the middle of committing any other felony at the time is also is held accountable for the murder or death if they were killed during those felonies.

Imo, he should also be charged with kidnapping because the binding of the ankles shows Savannah was not free to leave on her own free will. Imo, Savannah knew she was in grave danger, and I don't have one doubt whatsover this poor young woman wanted to flee trying to save her life.

I have full faith in jurors. They will not buy the koolaid arguments the DT wants them to drink. Jurors now more than ever before are onto the ridiculous claims, and excuses they come up with which defies common sense, and logic based on the evidence they have before them.

We just saw the ridiculous arguments, and unsupported smear allegations made by both Daron Wint's, and Charles Merritt's DTs. Neither jury bought the BS in either case. Imo, they won't in this one either especially if they try to blame the victim herself.

Jurors are always mindful it's the accused WHO is on trial, and WHO the evidence is against no matter how much DTs try to distract.

Jmho

<modsnip>

Is it your theory that he bound her ankles before killing her in anticipation of having to drag her out of the house in garbage bags?

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

Is it your theory that he bound her ankles before killing her in anticipation of having to drag her out of the house in garbage bags?

JMHO
I feel like he bound her feet to not run away and killed her afterwards. He didn't get what he wanted and she just wanted to go home at some point. He didn't let her leave and that led to the screaming and whatever happened next. I'm way far off from thinking accidental death. All my opinion.

I feel like he bound her feet to not run away and killed her afterwards. He didn't get what he wanted and she just wanted to go home at some point. He didn't let her leave and that led to the screaming and whatever happened next. I'm way far off from thinking accidental death. All my opinion.
One would think that if he bound her feet with tape to keep her from running away, he would have also placed tape over her mouth to keep her from screaming. Taping someone's mouth shut isn't very effective unless their hands are also bound.

If either her mouth or hands were controlled with tape I think those details would have also been made public during the preliminary hearing. Of course taping someone's mouth shut after they have died wouldn't serve much purpose for disposing of a body.

JMO

Morning Molly, and all!

Ita!

Jmho
I enjoy your passion in trashing defense attorneys but I think its a little early to speculate on what they might do.

<modsnip>

JMHO

No, and I made it very clear I do not think her ankles were bound together so she could be dragged anywhere after death.

Many victims have been put in garbage bags unfortunately. Binding the ankles of anyone is not necessary to remove the dead body put inside garbage bags. The perps either pick up the bag or drag the bag itself to remove it or put it in another container to be used for transporting them from the murder location.

All he had to do is put her in garbage bags then enclose her in a cooler to get her out of his home. Many coolers or even large suitcases have rollers on them now making it even easier to remove bodies now.

Imo they have the video showing how he removed her dead body from his place just like they have video showing Savannah coming in, but never seen coming out alive ever again. They will keep some of their best evidence close to their chest like always, and it will be presented at trial.

Imo, there is no logical reason why Savannah's ankles were found bound together other than him doing so when she was alive where she wouldn't be able to escape.

You say it's not clear what the detective testified to in his preliminary hearing. I respectfully disagree. It was totally clear. Imo

Detectives are trained to be very specific when testifying, and I believe this one was very clear about Savannah's ankles being bound together when her body was found.

Imo, there is no other reasonable explanation for doing so other than DS did this to Savannah to ensure, and prevent her from being be able to flee from him trying to save her own life.

Imo, he should also be charged with aggravated kidnapping for holding Savannah against her will.

Jmoo

I enjoy your passion in trashing defense attorneys but I think its a little early to speculate on what they might do.

Lol! We will see if they are any different than those I've seen for decades now.

Recently they seem to have outdone the others with the ridiculous defense strategies they come up with in recent years.

Sadly in many cases of late it seems many want the trial to be more about them instead of seeing their client gets a fair trial, and their unethical antics they continuously display expecting juries to believe all of the totally unsupported bull they spew.

Will DSs be totally different without trying to blame the victim? I highly doubt it.

It would be refreshing to see them not go the same old route most do lately though.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member